Talbot to be fined for goaltender interference comments

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Needed to be said, and I'm frustrated that our head coach isn't willing to take a stand. Seems like we've gotten a bad shake at every goal review this year and we're dead last in power play opportunities (not that our special teams have been great, but still).

Reactions: ujju2 and Dan Kelly

CNeufeld

Feb 5, 2009
Crowdfunding to pay fine?

haha, jk

Speaking as a Flames fan who watches almost all the Oilers games as well as reading your forum, this is one of the best ideas I've seen come out of here. A serious crowdfunding effort would get the point across to the NHL that it's not just the players who are pissed about the quality of the officiating, but the fans have had enough as well. Someone should set this up, and publicize the hell out of it in social media. Make it not just about the Oilers, but use Talbot as a "spokesperson" for the "Decent Officiating Movement" as a whole, and you may be able to get support from fans in all markets.

Plus Talbot seems like a pretty decent guy, and the money would probably be going to a good charity. If it was me, it would be going to the CNIB as another shot at the ref's, or maybe the institution that does seeing eye dogs (Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind)...

C

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Better yet, have the owner step up and clear his voice and take one for the team so to speak. That would get the NHL's attention a lot faster than is Talbot or the Coach do it.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I only said jk because people would say "why does a millionaire need fans to pay the fine"

my point was what you describe. It sends a message to the NHL.

But I'm old and grey and know next to nothing about how to setup something like this. If anybody is willing please feel free to utilize the idea.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
It's to bad Talbot had to be the one to speak up he has seen the same bs all of us fans have since he has played here , but Imo it goes much deeper than just the refs ever since we won the McDavid lottery the situation room in Toronto has screwed us over way too many times to the point of obvious bias and the breaking point to me was the Ot Strome goal they took back . Who are in the control room in Toronto what are their names place of birth relationship to hockey . Who reviews their decisions if anyone ? This is what I would like to know.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Todd won't say anything because he knows he's out of a job. And Chia won't because he wants all the attention on Todd so he can throw him under the bus and stay and ruin the team for another season.
Both huge cowards though, care nothing about the team and are just saving their own asses.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Speaking as a Flames fan who watches almost all the Oilers games as well as reading your forum, this is one of the best ideas I've seen come out of here. A serious crowdfunding effort would get the point across to the NHL that it's not just the players who are pissed about the quality of the officiating, but the fans have had enough as well. Someone should set this up, and publicize the hell out of it in social media. Make it not just about the Oilers, but use Talbot as a "spokesperson" for the "Decent Officiating Movement" as a whole, and you may be able to get support from fans in all markets.

Plus Talbot seems like a pretty decent guy, and the money would probably be going to a good charity. If it was me, it would be going to the CNIB as another shot at the ref's, or maybe the institution that does seeing eye dogs (Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind)...

C
I think the Flames fan is in for $10.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Here is the Breakdown of calls for the Oilers last 5 games Oil/knights Knights had 1 infraction against Oilers tripping in 1st period Oilers called for 2 infractions

Oil/Panthers no infractions called against Oilers 0/0 on pp Oilers 3 infractions and a bench minor

Oilers/Coyotes Arizona 2 infractions against Oilers Oilers 4 against Arizona.

Oil/Avs Avs one bench minor 0 infractions Oilers 3 infractions

Oil/Bruins Bruins 2 infractions but one cancelled out by embellishment other one last minute of game Oilers 3 infractions one bench minor.

So in 300 minutes of hockey our opposition was in penalty box only 3 times for actual infractions and 40 seconds on the 4th a total of 6:40 seconds out of 300 Oilers at same time spent 20 minutes penalized a full period of hockey

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
The players should continue to expose this corrupt league. They can easily afford the fines. It's pretty clear to me that the league uses its inconsistent rules and officials to help influence the games to help the teams that need to be successful to help their poor hockey markets.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Long overdue, but ironic that he finally spouted off after a game where the refs actually got both calls correct, at least according to the rules. His coach and GM are the ones that need to be prodded into saying something though. They just sit back and take it.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Long overdue, but ironic that he finally spouted off after a game where the refs actually got both calls correct, at least according to the rules. His coach and GM are the ones that need to be prodded into saying something though. They just sit back and take it.

agreed - I think it should have started during last-years playoffs, or at least, much earlier this year...

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The last 20+ games should be nothing but

A) getting pts for McD so he can win another Art Ross
B) showing up the refs in every game so they can be exposed for the biased f***ers they are.

The Oilers should call out the blatant missed calls and crap officiating on the ice the rest of the way... if it leads to a few (or many) unsportmanlike calls against them... so be it. The results of the games mean nothing from here on out and the lower they finish in the standings the better anyway.

At least they will expose the clear bullshit bias and petulance that is present among NHL officials.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Cam honestly should've flopped on the Anaheim calls in the playoffs last year. It's the only way the league will definitively call it in your favor.

If the goalie plays it up/acts like he's been shot, they will call the goal back for sure. If the goalie tries to fight through it like Cam did, they will get into a grey area and that's not good especially when you're playing a California team.

It's lame, but that's kinda how you have to do it. Roloson would've sold it like an Oscar winner.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It SHOULD have been the coach making these comments, not left for Talbot.

Todd checked out a while ago.

humorous-office-sign-s-6710.png

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I don't mind him copping a fine, I'll just pretend it's a 'sucking at your job' fine instead of the real reason.

It's too bad more players on this team don't have fines to pay for completely mailing in this season that hard working fans pay hundreds of dollars a night to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad