Take It or Leave It: 2019-20 Edition

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Fun game we did a few years ago.

Post a bet and the odds line. Next poster can choose to take the bet or leave it and then posts their own bet. At the end of the season i might tally up the winnings. Every bet is worth one official funzies dollar, redeemable at many fine establishments.

Example Round:

Poster 1: Conor Brown will hit 60 games in the NHL this season. Pays 2:1.

Next post (poster 2):. I'll take it. CBrown is solid and is going to surprise people this season. Poster 2 posts their own bet and it just keeps going.

Edit: For other posters, if you like a previous post, we'll take it to mean "I'd also make the bet you're proposing"

Melnyk clause: This thread can be fun but it has to flow from post to post. So try not to shit on the game with joke bets or a bunch of derailing. Keep it on hockey please. :)

Lets start:

Conor Brown will score 12+ goals in the NHL this season. Pays 2:1.

Last edited:

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I'll take that. He's gonna got opportunities on scoring lines.

Erik Brännström plays 26+ NHL games this season. 3:2.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'll take it. With the Wolanin injury, it feels inevitable... though I'm not sure it's the wisest move.

Bobby Ryan breaks his fingers two different times this season. Even odds.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'll take it. With the Wolanin injury, it feels inevitable... though I'm not sure it's the wisest move.

Bobby Ryan breaks his fingers two different times this season. Even odds.

Can I take the under here? If bobby plays less than 70 games its because he got scratched

Craig Anderson Sv% 0.905+ at 3:1 (0.906 and over, you triple your wager)

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Can I take the under here? If bobby plays less than 70 games its because he got scratched

Craig Anderson Sv% 0.905+ at 3:1 (0.906 and over, you triple your wager)
Take it. He can hit that and he might not play that much this season.

League announces another expansion team before July 1st. Pays 8:1

Reactions: Peptic Balcers

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'll take that.

Batherson leads all forwards in points this season, 5:1.
Take it, but only because of the generous line. I don't think he'll actually do it. Too much competition from Tkatchuk, Chabot, Ryan, all the other rookies, etc.

Chabot has a better ppg than Erik Karlsson this season (conditional on them both playing in 20+ games). Pays 7:1

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Take it, but only because of the generous line. I don't think he'll actually do it. Too much competition from Tkatchuk, Chabot, Ryan, all the other rookies, etc.

Chabot has a better ppg than Erik Karlsson this season (conditional on them both playing in 20+ games). Pays 7:1

I'll take the under on that, I think with Stone + Duchene gone, it's going to be rough to come across points.

B.Tkachuk gets into more that 5 fights this year. Pays 3:1

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'll take the under on that, I think with Stone + Duchene gone, it's going to be rough to come across points.

B.Tkachuk gets into more that 5 fights this year. Pays 3:1

I'll go under on that. They'd better not let Brady get into more than a fight or two this year. Leave that to the knuckleheads on the team.

Sens get 10 or more bench minors this year. Even odds.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I'll go under on that. They'd better not let Brady get into more than a fight or two this year. Leave that to the knuckleheads on the team.

Sens get 10 or more bench minors this year. Even odds.

I'll take it. Rookie head coach makes that a pretty good bet.

Zaitsev has the best offensive production of his career this season.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
I'll take it. Rookie head coach makes that a pretty good bet.

Zaitsev has the best offensive production of his career this season.

Assuming even odds? I'll take it, we don't really have any other RHD to play the PP with Wolanin out the first half of the season

Anthony Duclair will end the season with more points than Ryan Dzingel. Pays 2:1

Reactions: Variable26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad