Tage Thompson Hat Trick

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
I honestly don’t understand how he is so much better playing center than wing. He looks absolutely great with and without the puck.
Most of these guys are super-competitive and want to be at the center of the action; put them in a position of greater responsibility and they'll be more motivated to hold it down. You saw this last season with Reinhart & Mittelstadt, Stephenson, Bennett among others.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
His development under Granato has been astounding. The raw talent has always been there, but before this year I don't think many people would have bet on him ever becoming more than an average middle-6 winger (@sabremike excluded). Now he's looking like a legit 1C all of a sudden. I hope he keeps building on it and this year doesn't end up being an aberration.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
6'7? I thought he was like 6'4. Anyways, he has been impressive this year. ROR trade is looking a bit better for Buffalo.

Pretty sure he was 6’4” when drafted and just kept growing.

As long he he keeps developing like this, it’ll be a classic win-win trade.

I mean, we still had to watch Sobotka play, so..

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
As a Blues fan, I am happy Buffalo did not get totally hosed in that trade.

Reactions: Joshuar56

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Pretty sure he was 6’4” when drafted and just kept growing.

I mean, we still had to watch Sobotka play, so..
Once he went to Russia and put up some points he came back and thought he was a goal scorer and nothing more. You guys would’ve loved him if he was still in pre-Russia form

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Glad for the Sabres and their fans. Like the Sens, I’d like to see their organization do well even though I don’t care for their ownership. Sabres played a very competitive game against my Avs yesterday.

Reactions: Linds

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Tommer? Nice nick name:shakehead
Tommer's been beastly today, best player on the ice.

Good old hockey nicknames. No creativity whatsoever but it is what it is!

Obviously Blues would still make the trade no matter how good Thompson ends up, but I'm quite happy to see him doing this well. Never would have expected it based on what I saw a few years ago but some guys are just late bloomers I guess. Sabres fans deserve a winning team and looks like they are on the right track. Finally.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
If this keeps up, what a huge development it would be for Buffalo. It’s not everyday a 6’6” Top 6 RHC just appears out of nowhere.

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019

First career hatty and it gives him 19 goals on the season now.

O’Reilly trade making a comeback for the Sabres.

Good for him and the sabers, but unless he leads them to a cup, I'd say trade is still favorable in the Blues direction.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Once he went to Russia and put up some points he came back and thought he was a goal scorer and nothing more. You guys would’ve loved him if he was still in pre-Russia form

Pre-Russia Sobotka was awesome. The ideal 3rd liner.

If this keeps up, what a huge development it would be for Buffalo. It’s not everyday a 6’6” Top 6 RHC just appears out of nowhere.

He’s 6’7 now.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Buffalo's turn around will be very soon. So many of their players have progressed so well this year. I bet they compete for playoffs in 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad