cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Don't descend into arguments over the semantics of trite metaphors, thanks

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He continues to remind me of Daze - lanky, capable of using his reach in interesting ways, some interesting stickhandling work. The shot remains top notch, still don't know why they don't try to merge Mitts distribution with Tage's shot as much as it seems would work, in low-responsibility, high o-zone deployment.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
He continues to remind me of Daze - lanky, capable of using his reach in interesting ways, some interesting stickhandling work. The shot remains top notch, still don't know why they don't try to merge Mitts distribution with Tage's shot as much as it seems would work, in low-responsibility, high o-zone deployment.

It's criminal that they have Mitts playing with Elie and Okposo.
Sad.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
They literally couldn't be doing any worse in devising ways to spread the scoring around.

Should be interesting, once Eichel is considered healthy, how they proceed moving forward.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
They literally couldn't be doing any worse in devising ways to spread the scoring around.

Should be interesting, once Eichel is considered healthy, how they proceed moving forward.

Either scratch poms when we get healthy or put him back with jack. We've gotta split the talent on this roster between some more lines.

Skinner-eichel-poms
Sheary-mitts-reinhart
Thompson-girgs-okposo
Erod-larsson-smith?
Xsobotka...not that it'll ever happen

Idk just typing and thinking out loud

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Either scratch poms when we get healthy or put him back with jack. We've gotta split the talent on this roster between some more lines.

Skinner-eichel-poms
Sheary-mitts-reinhart
Thompson-girgs-okposo
Erod-larsson-smith?
Xsobotka...not that it'll ever happen

Idk just typing and thinking out loud
Well, us thinking out loud is probably better than the current strategy of doing nothing.

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Well, us thinking out loud is probably better than the current strategy of doing nothing.

I retract my lines lol...theres literally no one to pass the puck to Thompson in that scenario it'd be an unsuccessful cycle fest...back to the drawing board needing another competent offensive player...

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
I retract my lines lol...theres literally no one to pass the puck to Thompson in that scenario it'd be an unsuccessful cycle fest...back to the drawing board needing another competent offensive player...
I like Mittlestadt, Reinhart and Thompson together. But what do I know

BeTheBallDanny

Oct 30, 2013
I actually am thinking we need to split up Eichs and Skinner, move Sheary with Eichel to see if it gets him going

Sheary - Eichel - X
Skinner - Sobotka/Erod - Reinhart
X - Sobotka/Erod - X
Girgs - Larsson - X

Woof

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Housley's refusal to play Reinhart, IMO, holds back the overall potential of the team, not to mention it infuriates me. Mittelstadt is not showing he is ready for NHL center duties just yet. We are struggling with multiple players not "going". We have a 1st line full of guys with confidence. We have a 1st line center who can make players play better. Let's get some confidence in these guys, or at least TRY to get some guys going.

Sheary-Eichel-Mittlestadt
Skinner-Reinhart-Thompson
E-Rod-Sobotka-Elie
Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo/Pominville

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Housley's refusal to play Reinhart, IMO, holds back the overall potential of the team, not to mention it infuriates me. Mittelstadt is not showing he is ready for NHL center duties just yet. We are struggling with multiple players not "going". We have a 1st line full of guys with confidence. We have a 1st line center who can make players play better. Let's get some confidence in these guys, or at least TRY to get some guys going.

Sheary-Eichel-Mittlestadt
Skinner-Reinhart-Thompson
E-Rod-Sobotka-Elie
Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo/Pominville
I like your suggestion because Reinhart feeding Thompson one timers sounds like the perfect fit for both guys, but I would also settle for a top 6:

Sheary - Eichel - Thompson
Skinner - Reinhart - Mittlestadt

Reactions: buffswords

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I like your suggestion because Reinhart feeding Thompson one timers sounds like the perfect fit for both guys, but I would also settle for a top 6:

Sheary - Eichel - Thompson
Skinner - Reinhart - Mittlestadt

Some combination those top 6 is what I'd like to see and hasn't been tried.

Reinhart with Thompson or Reinhart with Mittelstadt in particular should see more time. See if Sam or Jack can pull either of those two out of the gutter

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I dont see Reinhart being successful centering his own line but it is quite baffling that Phil hasn't at least given it a shot given what he has to work with.

Reactions: Dreakon13

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I dont see Reinhart being successful centering his own line but it is quite baffling that Phil hasn't at least given it a shot given what he has to work with.
Kinda makes you wonder what's happening behind the scenes. Nothing speculatively bad of course, but hypothetically... if Reinhart really isn't happy playing center at the NHL level, how much should the coach consider that?

Thompson and Reinhart seem like they'd fit though.

Skinner-Eichel-Sheary
Thompson-Mittelstadt-Reinhart

/shrug

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Kinda makes you wonder what's happening behind the scenes. Nothing speculatively bad of course, but hypothetically... if Reinhart really isn't happy playing center at the NHL level, how much should the coach consider that?

Thompson and Reinhart seem like they'd fit though.

Skinner-Eichel-Sheary
Thompson-Mittelstadt-Reinhart

/shrug
I don’t think Sheary has the shot or stick skills to play off.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Keep up the active stick and battle for pucks. Become 6'6" Mark Stone with a canon shot. Please Tage!

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
This has been TT’s best game by a wide margin. I keep expecting him to score and he’s got 20 more mins to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad