GDT: Tage’s Tomfoolery - EDM @ BUF - 5:30 pm

Hypothetically, we have last change, Tage comes over the boards, which D-pair are you sending out?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

That Calgary graph

indignation-jump.gif

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Can't expect any help. Gotta go out and take care of business.
Given the talent on this club this should've been the motto from day 1. Although I don't really know that the players look at the out of town scoreboard for help as much as the fans do.

Also think this is the first time in awhile I'm excited to see us play Buffalo. Really starting to be a team that is starting to gel and play a pretty decent game. Plus they have some nice talent on that club to watch.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

Interesting, Clouder getting a bump

View attachment 664214

Not sure why tweets are broken, but I have a really good idea as to why.

I don’t mind that, although I wouldn’t mind seeing RNH with Bjugstad and Kostin/Foegele with the other playing playing that second line LW spot.

McLeod Mcdavid Hyman
Kostin Drai Yam
Foegle RNH Bjugstad
Janmark Shore Ryan

Then Kane slides into McLeod spot when he’s back, and McLeod bumps shore into the press box, or if McLeod is doing well, I wouldn’t mind Drai and Kane with Yam.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
They're definitely the most entertaining team to watch in the league.
I have to give them that.

I think it's becoming evidently clear that the Oilers need to generate a fair bit more scoring chances than the opposition overall in order to win a game. If it's even remotely close the odds aren't in our favor. Our goalies just can't compete with the other teams night in and night out. Sure there'll be that one game where our goalie played well. But 4 times out of 5 the other team's Tender will out perform ours given similar pressure etc. That's just what it seems with this team this year.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I agree. I hope they will come out with a good effort.
Its time this team understood that to be a champion then you need to bring it every game.
Since acquiring Ekholm I feel they largely have. Even the effort against Boston was good, Bruins are just really good. But are very correct, so I hope(expect) to see that tonight.

Reactions: guymez

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
Need to get some wins for 2 reasons:

1: Separate even more so from Nashville who is in 9th. Preds are 8 points behind but have 4 games in hand.

2: Keep pace with Seattle and move closer to LA.

Skinner should get the bulk of the starts (I'd start him in at least 14 of the remaining 18 games). Hopefully this is the last game Kane misses for the season. We have much more depth when he is in the lineup.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Campbell's next game should be on the 20th against San Jose. If he somehow wins play him against Arizona on the 22nd.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I agree. I hope they will come out with a good effort.
Its time this team understood that to be a champion then you need to bring it every game.
This. The Oilers were dominant against the Leafs and vs Winnipeg first couple periods staking out a 5-0 lead. Since then there was backtrack as we've seen so often with this club. It almost seems like in their heads it was "good enough" to just get a split against Winnipeg. Theres no way the effort in the last game matched the previous games. Giving up 32 SOG in first 2 periods in a road game is NOT playing to secure win. Its allowing the other club to be the better club for two periods of the game.

With Boston next on tap after this, this Buffalo tilt feels crucial. The trouble is Buffalo is playing this with their playoff lives hanging in the balance of every result. They are desperate.

Oilers should be able to capture this game but they better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad