Half-Assed GDT: t swift assed gdt: brooklyn style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Boys played alot better tonight. Point is a point.

You know at some point you can blame the skaters or give credit to the other team. They scored 1 goal in 65 minutes against the Blues. This team isn't made up of a bunch of wet behind the ears rookies, they know how to play the game

Hitch's system just doesn't work against the best teams in today's league.

Players are certainly culpable as well, but it doesn't help that Hitch holds them back.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I missed the game how did Lehtera look on the wing tonight?

Not all that good, not terrible. Not very impressive. He made some decent passes and some poor passes. He drove the net a few times, but also lost the puck a few times. He was adequate on defence over all, but looked bad on a few plays.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Hitch's system just doesn't work against the best teams in today's league.

Islanders got worked this game. If the scorers aren't scoring, your not going to win with 1 goal a game. Outside of a few give aways, they played well. They played well enough to win.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Chicago's no good? Tampa? Nashville? What the **** are you talking about? Get a ****ing clue, man.

Hitch can rack up the regular season victories against lesser teams and OT points against the top teams, but when it comes down to a 7 game series against a top team, it's always the same result.

Our offense just looks incredibly weak right now. Maybe getting Schwartz back helps? I'm just trying to give myself a reality check, not trying to incite.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I kind of would rather tank and try to get a center high in the draft rather than going into the playoffs with this team. I feel like we don't have an identity anymore.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Not all that good, not terrible. Not very impressive. He made some decent passes and some poor passes. He drove the net a few times, but also lost the puck a few times. He was adequate on defence over all, but looked bad on a few plays.
Typical Lehtera eh?:laugh: I think he'll turn it around eventually.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
This team has become pretty dull to watch.

This... been trying to figure out if the NHL as a whole has become boring or if this team is already slowing down. Seems like we do a great job of repeatedly bashing our heads against the same strategies that have proven ineffective. Frustrating to watch.

Watching teams like Dallas, Chi and Washington makes me think our team struggles in the creativity department.

Still... we are doing fine in the standings and are sorely missing Jaden. Still managing to gather points.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Hitch can rack up the regular season victories against lesser teams and OT points against the top teams, but when it comes down to a 7 game series against a top team, it's always the same result.

Our offense just looks incredibly weak right now. Maybe getting Schwartz back helps? I'm just trying to give myself a reality check, not trying to incite.
Your not necessarily wrong, but this team has been in a serious funk these last couple weeks, they looked better tonight. The offense has been non existent for awhile. While I'm not very optimistic for this year....we're not even half way through the season yet. We're going to need some help up front....I'm not sure Schwartz will be enough

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Could it be due to playing a position he's not familiar with?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
This team couldn't score with pockets full of hundred dollar bills at the Bunny Ranch. Seems like our only offense these days is Shattenkirk, Tarasenko and gifts from the other team. Army better do something about this dull offense, or it's going to be another short playoff appearance, as I've got zero faith in our ability to win 1-0 and 2-1 games in the playoffs. Luckily it's only December...but this team has some warts.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Lehtera shouldn't be anywhere above the third line when this team is healthy. Just not a top six player this season.

Also, I wouldn't at all be opposed to a trade for added scoring even after 17 gets healthy. We need it badly.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think it has more to do with him being Lehtera

Exactly! He was playing that way at centre, too.

We have to hope that he'll be an effective centre, when he has had an extended period of stability on the same line with regular linemates, so he can build the same type of chemistry as he has built with Tarasenko. He's not really a fast enough skater to play on the top line with Tarasenko, but if he can play instinctively well with his new linemates as he does with Tarasenko, he can become a decent 2B centre, especially if he shoots more when he has opportunities.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Cannot believe Parayko came back that quick but that good news overshadows this loss for me.

If we lose tomorrow night to a horrible team it's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad