Half-Assed GDT: t swift assed gdt: brooklyn style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What about Berglund and his post-season performance and don't forget Brouwer 'speed' without puck.

Brouwer was pretty effective tonight imo. Yea he missed on some good scoring chances...but so did 17 other guys :/.

I've got nothing for Berglund. I have no idea what to do with him.

One issue that I keep seeing is zero puck support in the ozone. I keep seeing 1 forward battling against 2-3 opposing players while the "support" waits for the puck yo squirt out...which it doesn't

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Maybe last year's exit wieghed especially hard on me and is talking here, but I don't remember having less faith in the Blues than I do this season. The start this year has been well above expectations, especially with the injuries, but I don't know how long it can last. It seems like Tarasenko is the only guy we can count on. Our team is so incredibly slow that I get genuinely surprised when a line other than the top scores a goal. Even when we were terrible I had faith there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and after we hired Hitch I thought we had a legitimate shot until that Minnesota series. Too much has stayed the same for me to feel any sort of optimism. We needed Jaskin to have a big year and he's been a complete no show. We needed Lehtera to at least have a good start. If Jake hadn't stepped it up so far our outlook could be a lot worse.

I feel the Blues are at a crossroads right now. This isn't the roster that brings us to the promised land and we need to recognize than and take steps to ensure we can get there in the future.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
December is going to be a big month for this team. Lots of home cooking, and they need to put points in the bank. If they continue on this win/loss/OTL/loss run that they've been on I don't think Hitch makes it that far into January.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Maybe last year's exit wieghed especially hard on me and is talking here, but I don't remember having less faith in the Blues than I do this season. The start this year has been well above expectations, especially with the injuries, but I don't know how long it can last. It seems like Tarasenko is the only guy we can count on. Our team is so incredibly slow that I get genuinely surprised when a line other than the top scores a goal. Even when we were terrible I had faith there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and after we hired Hitch I thought we had a legitimate shot until that Minnesota series. Too much has stayed the same for me to feel any sort of optimism. We needed Jaskin to have a big year and he's been a complete no show. We needed Lehtera to at least have a good start. If Jake hadn't stepped it up so far our outlook could be a lot worse.

I feel the Blues are at a crossroads right now. This isn't the roster that brings us to the promised land and we need to recognize than and take steps to ensure we can get there in the future.

right there with you. I can sense myself being so negative both while watching the game and while commenting here. I hate it. Hope the Blues give me a reason to regain my positivity soon.

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
Where do we go from here? I mean do people really believe we have a shot at the cup with this team?

There was a decent contingent who didn't believe it possible before the draft and were okay with taking a step back this year if it meant a better sustained window in the near future with Tarasenko / Schwartz / Petro / Shatty prime years.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Where do we go from here? I mean do people really believe we have a shot at the cup with this team?

Honestly, I don't, but, that's mainly due to Schwartz being out for the rest of the year. I'd honestly be fine with the Blues "tanking" without a full out tank. Get down to around the 7-11th pick and hope a good forward falls, or trade the 7-11th pick to move up a few spots to get Little Walt. Because I honestly believe the Blues need a stable 1/2 winger more than a Center (Stastny is fine being a 1st line C for us when we have Tarasenko), especially if the Blues resign Backes, that almost guarantees that Steen is gone after next year due to cap reasons.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
There was a decent contingent who didn't believe it possible before the draft and were okay with taking a step back this year if it meant a better sustained window in the near future with Tarasenko / Schwartz / Petro / Shatty prime years.

I was one of these people, but I don't see the steps being taken to move forward for the future. Sure there's Parayko, but our defense was never the big issue.

byfuglien

Mar 23, 2014
Europe
I dont have any faith in this team either. We are right there at the top of the table, but i havent enjoyed watching the blues this season at all. I see the same mistakes as last season, with the exeption of Paryako and a little more active D the first couple of weeks. We are slow, have no creativity or ability to break down teams when they play the same defensive formations we do. Just like teams do in the POs... Deep down i know every jammy point is for nothing, we will dump out of the playoffs again without a singel doubt in my mind. And having that in the back of my mind has ruined this season for me. So dissapointed at the draft, with the "trades" (or lack of) and the fact that Hitch got another year.

I am all for a rebuild honestly. Thinking five years down the line, when Vladdy hits his prime. I dont mind sucking for a few years vs doing what we are doing right now.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
It's pretty much blockbuster trade or rebuild at this point. I vote for rebuild, however I think this management will choose the former being in "win now" mode.

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis

Yes. Teams go through hard times. Last year at this date the Blackhawks had one more point than we do right now. This is my most favorite team that we had since the days of Pronger and Demitra.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Honestly, I don't, but, that's mainly due to Schwartz being out for the rest of the year. I'd honestly be fine with the Blues "tanking" without a full out tank. Get down to around the 7-11th pick and hope a good forward falls, or trade the 7-11th pick to move up a few spots to get Little Walt. Because I honestly believe the Blues need a stable 1/2 winger more than a Center (Stastny is fine being a 1st line C for us when we have Tarasenko), especially if the Blues resign Backes, that almost guarantees that Steen is gone after next year due to cap reasons.
Schwartz isn't out the rest of the year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad