T. Ruttu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safir*

Call me crazy or what so ever I think that Ruutu could become a 2nd coming of Forsberg. :joker:

Well at least I hope he will.

Hey Hawks fan I remember, how you guys critized management for taking Teemu. ;)

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Hockey Moose said:
After his first NHl season, what do you guys think about him? Is he going to be an super-star? star? 2nd line center?

Would this guy be someone you would deal to add a superstar like Elias or Palffy? Or is Ruttu what he was said to be, a young super-star?

He was amazing at seasons end, 44 points aint to bad...will he cont?

I think that TR had an amazing rookie season. He was stuck playing with Travis Moen & Scott Nichol getting 10 minutes a night for the first 50 games. After getting some decent icetime with Daze & Arnason, he averaged a point a game after the all start break. On top of this, he hits like the proverbial ton of bricks.

Only thing that scares me about TR is his ability to stay healthy with the kamikaze style he plays. He's had reconstructive surgery on both knees (I believe) and his style of play takes a major toll. I think TR's upside is more JR in his prime than Peter Forsberg, who is much more a playmaker than scorer.

All of that being said, there is NO way he gets dealt for Elias or Palffy. Both guys are great players, but they don't fit into the future of the Hawks. Hawks stripped down right to the bare bones this year, and to trade a 20YO stud for a guy who isn't likely to be in his prime when the young guys gel (hopefully!) would be just crazy.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Hockey Moose said:
After his first NHl season, what do you guys think about him? Is he going to be an super-star? star? 2nd line center?

Would this guy be someone you would deal to add a superstar like Elias or Palffy? Or is Ruttu what he was said to be, a young super-star?

He was amazing at seasons end, 44 points aint to bad...will he cont?

1. I'm not sure he will be a "superstar" a la Forsberg, but he will definitely be a difference maker(If this makes any sense) He will be a player who is mentioned by ESPN. By that I mean when they are announcing and upcoming game, it will be Tuomo Ruutu and the Blackhawks face off against Jerome Iginla and the Calgary Flames

2. No. The Hawks are young, and rebuilding. Tuomo is someone you build around.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Can't say enough good things about him.

Even when he wasn't scoring early on he still smoked players on a gamely basis. I still rerember he rocked Forsberg in a 5-0 loss.

I'm saying he will become a Superstar. He was everythin as advertised when they said he was the best player not in the NHL.

He has a few flaws though. He has a great shot but needs to get in on net more. And sometimes when he has a path to the net he'll take the shot when he's at the top of the circle.

During the contract talk last year a reporter asked Mike Smith if you can't get a deal done with Ruutu will you trade him? Smith chuckled and said you don't trade talent like Tuomo Ruutu. So his chances of being dealt for a star player now are slim and none.

Last edited:

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Gotta go with you on this one, Wally. TR is the best we've had since young JR. If he wasn't hurt prior to the draft, there's no way he falls to us. Here's hoping he's got many years of good health.

db23

Maybe in a couple of years you'll even learn how to spell his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad