T.J. Oshie & Troy Brouwer

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Not too worried about TBo, and honestly don't care about the "who gets more points" battle. All I know is in a caps sweater he was replaceable. Oshie has already shown me more. If they both rejuvenate their careers and are better for their new teams so be it. I'm concerned about the caps not the blues.

BretterThanYou

Sep 17, 2006
Collinsville IL
Lol. Blues put Brouwer in the middle of their PP, because Caps, and he whiffs right on cue.

To be fair, with half of our top offensive players out (Shattenkirk, Schwartz, Stastny, Fabbri) someone had to be put in. Brouwer's played well enough to earn himself some more ice time. That's the only reason he had a spot on the PP.

That said, I'm glad that Oshie is thriving in Washington, I was a pretty big fan of his, but it was time and something had to give.

Slightly off topic, but watching Pens/Caps right now and curious how Chorney has looked. He had a sip of the NHL while he was in our system, and this seems to be a decent enough place to ask to qualm my curiosity as it really isn't worth a thread of its own.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
To be fair, with half of our top offensive players out (Shattenkirk, Schwartz, Stastny, Fabbri) someone had to be put in. Brouwer's played well enough to earn himself some more ice time. That's the only reason he had a spot on the PP.

That said, I'm glad that Oshie is thriving in Washington, I was a pretty big fan of his, but it was time and something had to give.

Slightly off topic, but watching Pens/Caps right now and curious how Chorney has looked. He had a sip of the NHL while he was in our system, and this seems to be a decent enough place to ask to qualm my curiosity as it really isn't worth a thread of its own.

Truthfully, I am glad Brouwer is doing well. He's a very solid 3rd line player who can step into the top 6 when needed, as in your case.

For us, the frustration was that he was being used as a regular top 6/PP1 player and just couldn't hack it. Those kind of point blank misses from inside the diamond on the PP cost the Caps many standings points over the years. But that was less his fault than it was our ****** management.

And thanks, Oshie's chemistry with Kuznetsov and Ovie is fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad