T.J. Hensick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
HockeyBurd said:
Does anybody know if it's true that he didn't opt in? A link perhaps? It wouldn't make sense to me if it were true. He had a big year.
Where in the world did you hear that Hensick did not opt-in? That would be absolutely crazy, if he didn't.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
it's true. He told me it's because he feels he'll have a better season next year and wasn't happy with where he would be going in this draft.

I can understand that he desperatly wants to be a first round pick but next year's draft will be much deeper and even if Hensik improves (which I am sure he will) scouts will not be as impressed since he will be a sophmore.

Of course if he has a monster year then it will have been worth it but that is a big if.

The Hrkac Circus

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
VOB said:
I can understand that he desperatly wants to be a first round pick but next year's draft will be much deeper and even if Hensik improves (which I am sure he will) scouts will not be as impressed since he will be a sophmore.

Of course if he has a monster year then it will have been worth it but that is a big if.

I also agree that it is a good move by Hensick. His skating and playmaking is something that can make him successful in the pros. He was very streaky last year and struggled at the end of the year when the team needed him to step up. He is oly a freshman though so that is understandable. If he progresses like he potentially could then he could be a first round pick in 2005.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
Hensick article

Hensick won't opt for NHL Entry Draft

This is a link to an article in today's Ann Arbor News regarding Hensick's decision not to opt-in.

Basically his decision was based on the fact that the NCAA only gave him about a week and a half to decide. During that week and a half he made some phone calls to see what his status for the draft would be.

The main reasons why he opted out are he'd be giving up an extra season of showing scouts what he can do, and also since he wasn't expected to be in this year's draft he wasn't scouted too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad