Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Sammy Walker with an assist in a 3-1 win over Ohio State

1 goal + 1 assist for Guttman & 1 goal for Webster as Denver beats UMD 5-3

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Eamon Powell picks up an assist, but BC lose another one to Nick Capone and UConn

BC has still not won a game since December. They're winless in their last 11. Yikes.

Meanwhile, the Portland Winterhawks have won 11 straight, scoring at least 4 goals in each game.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Schmidt named 2nd star in a 6-4 win against London. He had 1 assist

What did it mean to you to get drafted by the Tampa Bay Lightning?

RS:
Knowing a team like that believes in you and thinks highly of you is a huge feeling. When I got drafted, there is no way to describe the feeling. It was pretty surreal. Knowing it is a team like that makes things so much better. I am trying to work every day to get to that level eventually. It was a surreal moment and I am really proud of it.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Walker’s had 2 grade A chances all alone and the Penn state goalie has stopped him both times. Minnesota leads 2-1 with 1 period left

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Minnesota holds on to win 3-1. Kind of a grind it out game. Not a lot of high scoring chances. In the 3rd period I believe there was only 1 sog for either team for the first 9 minutes. Walker once again on both the 1st pp and 1st pk units. Went down to block a shot on the pk in the 2nd period. Motzko had him out there with 2 minutes left in the 3rd protecting the lead, got him a little rest, and then back out for the final 45 seconds with the Penn State goalie pulled. Walker's only point was an assist on the empty net goal to close it out. Even without Meyers, Faber, and Knies at the Olympics, and LaFontaine leaving to sign with Carolina midway through the season, this is still a very good Gophers team.

2 goals + 1 assist for Thompson. The former Sudbury captain was also sporting an 'A' for the first time with his new team.

BC finally wins their first game in a month and a half against Northeastern. Eamon Powell collects an assist

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Duke scores to help Michigan win their rivalry game against Ohio State 5-3

2 more goals for Huuhtanen, #27 & #28

Crunch win 5-2 vs Laval

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
4 goals in 2 games for Jack Thompson.

He has 13 total in 44 games this season. That ties his ohl career high when he scored 13 in 63 games back in 2020

RECAP; Talented Thompson takes over – Soo Greyhounds
Eight days ago, Jack Thompson fired 11 shots – certainly an impressive total, especially for a defenceman – but failed to score on Sarnia goaltender Ben Gaudreau, who blanked the Greyhounds 3-0.

That result was representative of the 19-year-old’s (2002 birth year) brief time with the Soo. Pucks simply weren’t going in.

But that all changed over the weekend.
“I feel like I was getting the chances recently, getting the looks that I thought would go in and they just weren’t,” said Thompson, who has five goals and six assists in 15 games with the Hounds, after being acquired in a trade-deadline deal with the Sudbury Wolves. “It feels good to contribute, and to finally start to see the puck go into the net is a confidence booster.”

“I think he’s been fantastic from Day 1,” said Hounds head coach John Dean, whose team opened a 2-0 lead, never trailed and closed out the third period in impressive fashion against an Attack team (19-21-2-2) that has lost six in a row (0-5-1-0). “He’s logging 28 minutes a night and playing very strong defensively. He’s generated a lot of offensive chances for himself – he just hasn’t been able to find the twine.”

Goal #15 for Finley

2 assists for Walker in a comeback win for Minnesota. Only 2 games remain against Wisconsin before the big ten tournament

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Anyone have some insight into why ABB isn't scoring goals at the AHL level anymore? Lookin' at you, @Felonious Python
The ECHL is my area of focus, but from the recent The Athletic article
Crunch coach Ben Groulx said prospects need to mentally “land” in Syracuse before taking the next step and working their way back to the NHL. It isn’t always easy, as Mathieu Joseph could attest when he got sent down to the Syracuse in the middle of his second season. Now, he’s playing some of the best hockey of his career. It’s another example of how development isn’t always a straight line.

It also tests your patience. Barre-Boulet entered Saturday’s game with three goals (18 points) in 21 games in Syracuse.

“It’s always harder when you come back,” Barre-Boulet said. “It’s like Ben says, ‘You’ve got to get used to the fact there are no palm trees here.’ You’re still playing hockey, you’re doing what you love, but it’s not the same. You’ve got to find a way to get back to what you were before you got called up to make sure you go right back. It’s been an adjustment so far. I’m not playing to where I want to or I should be. It’s up to me now to just get back to my game, and good things will start happening.”
“It’s the deception of being sent down,” Groulx said. “You’re a proven player in the league. You’ve got to find the motivation. And it doesn’t happen like this (fast). He’s got his heart in the right place. It’s for him to have his head in the right place. I’m sure he wants to contribute. He’s a competitor. And I’m sure he’s going to be there when it matters the most.”

Reactions: DFC

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
A few free games to watch Bolts prospects today

Roman Schmidt (Kitchener) at 2 pm
Declan McDonnell (Barrie) at 2:05 pm
Jack Finley (Winnipeg) at 4 pm
Niko Huutanen (Everett) at 5 pm

None of these guys play against each other.

I might as well note our first round pick this year, Shane Wright (Kingston) plays at 2 pm. Winnipeg also has two very good draft prospects in Matthew Savoie and Connor Geekie.

and in case you're asking Family Day (Canada) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
McDonnell scores his 15th goal

Crunch win 6-2. Hattrick for Dumont, 2 goals for Koepke.

Koepke's 13 goals are tied for 8th most among ahl rookies, and his 26 points are 18th in rookie scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad