Synthesizers!

TreeLane

Jul 12, 2020
Any hardware/software synth geeks around here? I became a NHL fan the same year I started buying synthesizers (2000) Granted I had been playing hockey and music since 1993. I produce music for advertising firms and sound design for visual artists and vocalists in Australia though I am American. So, without further ado here is my current collection:

Alesis Ion VA Synth (my first synth)
Korg MS20 (sound design playground)
Korg MS2000 (underrated)
Korg 700s (miniKORG) (i love it's filters, found it cheap)
Vermona DRM1 MkIII (new in the lab, haven't had much time)
Elektron Octatrack MkII (excellent kit)
Roland MC101 (Pretty strong groovebox)
Teenage Engineering OP-Z (my best friend on the road)
Modal Skulpt (cheap build, but powerful pad machine)
Modal Argon 8 Desktop version (also new, only arrived last week)

I thought I'd share in hopes to find more sound design/synth geeks here.

I am a Sharks fan. Played defense growing up in northern Indiana. Played roller hockey in Sydney with a bunch of Canadians and Russians.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I am a guitarist, but synths have always been fun to play with. In college (90s)we had a great e-music lab with an Arp 2600, a Buchla, an Moog or two, and some FM synths too. I can't play much piano so there was always a limit to how far I would go with synths. Over the years I've had:

Ensoniq SQ1
Ensoniq EPS16
Akai AX60? I think- can't remember
E-mu Proteus
Boss DR550
Roland Juno 6
Roland MC303 Groovebox
Roland TR-08

It took many years to learn I don't have the patience to program any of them! They are fun to catch a buzz and play around with, though (have a smoke and pretend I am Plastikman in ReBirth). Anything I might use now is in the box and mostly presets, or I will tweak simple stuff in Retrologue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad