Which 2 OF Lines are stronger?
This poll
are based on the current status.
Not what potential there is for the future or the like

Last edited:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
At the moment it's Switzerland. Germany has a lot of potential though and those guys could pass the Swiss.

BTW, why did you use Hoffmann instead of Suter?

morkkis35

Aug 9, 2017
If you consider the potential its possible the german players are gonna be better, but as of know i can not grasp how you could rate the germans better. They have one Superstar, one player the scores at 0.5 ppg and the others are unproven but very talented players, who havent stepped on NHL ice yet. On the swiss side we got Fiala (0.8 ppg in last 2 seasons), Hischier as a smart two way center (0.63 PPG in his Career/coming back of injury), Niederreiter the workhourse with 0.5 ppg over 657 nhl games, Timo Meier with 0.59 over his career, Kurashev who finished his rookie season with 0.34 ppg (tied for 3rd place compared to German NHL players), and last but not least we got Hofman a skilled speedy winger who just signed in Columbus, remains to be seen what he can do.
Looking at all the players today, i cannot see the german 6 being better than the swiss. The future possibly looks different, depending on the development of these german players.

Would be more interesting to have a poll for the full roster best on best. As of now i think switzerland has still the better roster (on paper), but obviously its always hard fought battle at any tournament, anyone can win.

Reactions: BlizzardSloth

morkkis35

Aug 9, 2017
At the moment it's Switzerland. Germany has a lot of potential though and those guys could pass the Swiss.

BTW, why did you use Hoffmann instead of Suter?

yea suter is a great player who had a great rookie season. he definitely should be there. Its also handy to not mention the defenders since the swiss have one of the best Defender in the world in Josi.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Swiss are about a 4-2 game 7 loss worse than a team like the Sabres. They are pretty close to fielding an NHL team. The next step up is the Czech's who can field a bad NHL team.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
This poll
are based on the current status.
Not what potential there is for the future or the like

Reactions: Morrison

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Germany not even close, based on those top players.

Full national best on best team is a lot closer, I'd still give the edge to the Swiss.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Currently it’s Switzerland.

The Peterka - Reichel - Bokk line being the deciding factor. Too young yet. I mean Peterka was getting 4th line minutes at the WC , Reichel 3rd line minutes behind Germany’s more seasoned players. And Bokk is currently an AHLer.

As for potential, not close. Germany

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
This German group has the potential to overtake the Swiss and probably will but at the moment Switzerland comfortably wins this.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I feel like the people saying "Germany not close" are overrating Stutzle a bit

he's not as good as Fiala, at least not yet

beyond that it's basically Draisaitl and a bunch of prospects that MIGHT someday become good but not great NHL guys vs a bunch of good but not great NHL guys

Stutzle may not be as good as Fiala yet, but Draisaitl alone had 8 points more than Hischier, Meier, and Niederreiter combined last season

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad