WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
It's very probably either USA or Germany.

PK is my major sorrow, I mean if the team plays on 5vs5 like yesterday and vs. CZE Fiala, Josi an Hischier can make the difference. But you cannot stay out of the box for the full game probably.

Fora played very well yesterday, best game for quite some time I saw from him. Also Loeffel had a terrible giveaway early in the game, but afterwards he was very good together with Marti.

And I had my doubts about Ambühl, but he probably was one of the best forwards yesterday. His energy is unbelievable. I was born the same year as Ambühl did and that takes a hell lot of work to be in that shape at that age.

Reactions: Jon Riley

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Seems that Haas trained fully last Friday. Maybe he's back.

Jäger just played 3 shifts vs. Canada. 2 in the first period and one after sitting for Fiala. So he'd probably the odd men out.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Seems that Haas trained fully last Friday. Maybe he's back.

Jäger just played 3 shifts vs. Canada. 2 in the first period and one after sitting for Fiala. So he'd probably the odd men out.
Haas would be huge if he is 100%! I really like Jäger, I am very happy he made the team and he looked good to start the tournament, but he looks tired the last couple of games. Not suprising as he went all the way with Lausanne and then directly to this tournamen, basically no break in between. And the days he had, I imagine hey were with the team on some Spanish island enjoying the booze.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Sooooo..... What now? I'm sure Fischer will want them to try to win and get 2nd place, but there's an easy way to avoid Germany. I'm not sure what to cheer for.

I absolutely can't go in 2010 Lazio-Inter mode, but I know I won't bother watching another elimination game against Germany

Last edited:

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Sooooo..... What now? I'm sure Fischer will want them to try to win and get 2nd place, but there's an easy way to avoid Germany. I'm not sure what to cheer for.

I absolutely can't go in 2010 Lazio-Inter mode, but I know I won't bother watching another elimonation game against Germany

If we can't beat this German team, we souldn't hope to get anything against USA...

So thürkauf is on the second line with Bertschy and Andrighetto, Haas on the fourth line and Kurashev is the 13th forward

Not sure if it is a great idea to put Kurashev in that position, he wasn't that noticeable but wasn't bad neither, we need him

Last edited:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
If we can't beat this German team, we souldn't hope to get anything against USA...

So thürkauf is on the second line with Bertschy and Andrighetto, Haas on the fourth line and Kurashev is the 13th forward

Not sure if it is a great idea to put Kurashev in that position, he wasn't that noticeable but wasn't bad neither, we need him

We lost to Germany with the strongest roster, and this time we won't even have that. I'd rather take a shot at the US

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
We lost to Germany with the strongest roster, and this time we won't even have that. I'd rather take a shot at the US
I don’t believe you are losing against this Germany. Still I will cheer for Finns for Czech sake.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022

A way less talented US team controlled us 3-0 the year before German beats us

Come on, that's a quarter, every game are hard, time for Fischer to take his responsabilities and come with a game plan.

Josi is there.

And if you want something positive, we haven't took much goal on five on five, PK was bad so stay out of the box and good things will follow

Goose The Cat

May 22, 2023
It’s kind of funny that Switzerland will go against either Germany or USA. Germany beat you last year, and USA the year before. Anyway, I hope you make it this year.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I don’t believe you are losing against this Germany. Still I will cheer for Finns for Czech sake.
This is a German team that has a Pföderl - Ehliz - Michaelis third line against a Swiss team that depends on 3 players. Switzerland has a better defense but I still don't like that match up.

Anyway, no point in panicking about a game that may not happened, we'll see in 3 hours.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, our tactics have to be to play a hard defense-first game where Josi/Nico/Fiala make the difference. But maybe that's the better option than the last two years.

The played 120 minutes vs. Canada and the Czech Republic and got 0 goals on 5vs5. And that's all 4 lines.

Reactions: SwissFan12

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
See where Loeffel is now 33 years old (too old to be considered an NHL prospect).

Was he ever invited to a development camp or viewed with interest by NHL teams earlier in his career?

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
See where Loeffel is now 33 years old (too old to be considered an NHL prospect).

Was he ever invited to a development camp or viewed with interest by NHL teams earlier in his career?
I don't think he was ever considered. He probably has the offensive skill to get a shot, but he was a huge defensive liability when he was younger. He's no longer that bad now that he has more experience, but it's still a big shortcoming.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
He's a late bloomer, but he's really solid now.

Marti left the game and I think he wasn't on the ice for the national anthem, which is concerning. He and Loeffel played very well together.

I'd use Jäger instead of Simion and use Senteler on the wing in that line. Simion has just done nothing good in this tournament.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Simion and Andrighetto have been very very meh all through the tournament. Herzog as well, pretty invisible.
In general the Zug line has been decent at shutting down the opponents, but very rarely dangerous though

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Simion and Andrighetto have been very very meh all through the tournament. Herzog as well, pretty invisible.
In general the Zug line has been decent at shutting down the opponents, but very rarely dangerous though
At least Ghetto got into scoring positions on a regular basis. I liked their line yesterday, he just has not really clicked with anyone, really missing Malgin.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, I saw Marti on pictures from the training.

I'd take Jung over Fora as 7th D-men. And as I said, take Jäger over Simion, but this probably won't happen.

Andrighetto - Thürkauf - Bertschy were ok, I'd leave them together.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I couldn't bear to watch. Fortunately by an amazing coincidence there was another hockey game going on at the same time.

Then when the other game was over I learned what happened by reading the GDT :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad