WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Yeah. I don't believe a single word. This has the stupudity of the Fischer cult written all over it.

This is fake news anyway. Bichsel wanted to play the summer WJC20, only requested to join camp late because he otherwise would have had zero offseason. So no, he didn't reject two call up's. This is just false. He also played the next WJC20.

We're talking about unusual circumstances. WJC20's don't usually take place in summer and you can't ask a young prospect with serious NHL ambition to enter an important season with zero offseason training all in order to avoid missing a few days of a stupid camp. Every NHL player would get this and all other players with ambitions as well. Only a Moron like Fischer could come up with such a comment.

Players are joining camps late...it happens all the time. The SIHF was actually begging Bichsel to join their WJC20 camp late after his move to Rögle. So they were crying and bitching about Bichsel wanting to join late just to ask him to do exactly that themselves ahead of the next tournament. How can you take these fools seriously? Also, just look at the current WJC18 or WC camps. Lots of players joining late and nobody seems to have a problem with it. Furthermore, I don't think Muggli played a single exhibition tournament this season. He didn't accept a single call up during international breaks, yet nobody seems to have a problem with it. Don't get me wrong...I don't have a problem with it either. I just think that the SIHF has double standards and Fischer is just randomly bashing and banning players via media whenever he feels like doing so because of his various complexes and disorders.

The worst shitshow you can possibly imagine.

Yeah and I just saw the 2026 WC at home is include in his ban.

So Fischer basically banned Bichsel till his contract end. What a POS!!

Hope this team get destroyed at the WC, the players don't deserve that obviously but it is time to put those man as far as possible of the team, they are toxic and they will never put the team interest before their ego.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Jesus Christ. If some of the (actually important) players have to be appeased, I could understand not selecting him for one tournament. But four? Thats nuts. Fiala declined to play for a WJC too and he got banned for one tournament. And as @Hinterland rightfully pointed out that was before the whole Covid Clusterf*ck, that made the lives of many hockey players at the time a lot more complicated. And if its really the player council that wants him punished this bad, which is still very much doubtful at this point, its also Fischers/Weibels job to mitigate that conflict and not to throw fuel into the fire. A ban for four(!) tournaments is just not justifiable for Bichsels "offense". I mean he still played the Ivan Hlinka, the U18's and one and a half WJC. What Rochette did was waaay worse in comparison to Bichsel. And nobody is talking about that. Honestly if Bichsel decides to never suit up for the country again, I can't blame him. Just when you think it can't get any worse for the NT they find a way to one-up themselves. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Jesus Christ. If some of the (actually important) players have to be appeased, I could understand not selecting him for one tournament. But four? Thats nuts. Fiala declined to play for a WJC too and he got banned for one tournament. And as @Hinterland rightfully pointed out that was before the whole Covid Clusterf*ck, that made the lives of many hockey players at the time a lot more complicated. And if its really the player council that wants him punished this bad, which is still very much doubtful at this point, its also Fischers/Weibels job to mitigate that conflict and not to throw fuel into the fire. A ban for four(!) tournaments is just not justifiable for Bichsels "offense". I mean he still played the Ivan Hlinka, the U18's and one and a half WJC. What Rochette did was waaay worse in comparison to Bichsel. And nobody is talking about that. Honestly if Bichsel decides to never suit up for the country again, I can't blame him. Just when you think it can't get any worse for the NT they find a way to one-up themselves. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Well Fischer doesn't like him at all as the RTS quoted him saying "we don't want opportunistic guy like him in the team". I think it tells everything.

Just like last year where he roasted Malgin for a penalty he took and then, in the quarter, Malgin was "sick". Yeah yeah, sick. It's all BS, this guys needs to go quick.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Well Fischer doesn't like him at all as the RTS quoted him saying "we don't want opportunistic guy like him in the team". I think it tells everything.

Just like last year where he roasted Malgin for a penalty he took and then, in the quarter, Malgin was "sick". Yeah yeah, sick. It's all BS, this guys needs to go quick.
I also don't buy his legitimation for the ban with the players council. Sure I believe that maybe some players don't wan't to rehabilitate him right away. But that they want him gone until 27 I want to hear from some of them first hand, before I buy it. And even if so, why not sleep a year on it and make a new assessment of the situation then. But no Fischer decides to drop the nuke now and bans Bichsel for the home-WC and the Olympics. Thats just so brutal for any player. And the way he explained himself at the press conference, you could just see and hear the contempt for Bichsel in his body language and voice. I might not have any proof but, I think ist not unreasonable to assume that he and Weibel are the driving force behind the ban in its full harshness. This will probably hurt the National Team for years. I am just so pissed right now that this dude is allowed to hold our hockey hostage. And all Swiss sports Journalists who don't dare to put a stop to him are all a bunch of cowards in my book. Biggest failure of our sports media landscape in my lifetime.

Last edited:

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
I also don't buy his legitimation for the ban with the players council. Sure I believe that maybe some players don't wan't to rehabilitate him right away. But that they want him gone until 27 I want to hear from some of them first hand, before I buy it. And even if so, why not sleep a year on it and make a new assessment of the situation then. But no Fischer decides to drop the nuke now and bans Bichsel for the home-WC and the Olympics. Thats just so brutal for any player. And the way he explained himself at the press conference, you could just see and hear the contempt for Bichsel in his body language and voice. I might not have any proof but, I think ist not unreasonable to assume that he and Weibel are the driving force behind the ban in its full harshness. This will probably hurt the National Team for years. I am just so pissed right now that this dude is allowed to hold our hockey hostage. And all Swiss sports Journalists who don't dare to put a stop to him are all a bunch of cowards in my book. Biggest failure of our sports media landscape in my lifetime.

If Fischer and Weibel don't get fired after this WC I'm absolutely done watching this team, at this point following this shit show is masochistic.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If Fischer and Weibel don't get fired after this WC I'm absolutely done watching this team, at this point following this shit show is masochistic.

You're still watching? You're crazy. I stopped watching this perennial loser's teams back when he was still with Lugano. It's unwatchable. He doesn't have a clue.

Reactions: SwissFan12

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Me personally, I am done with watching this team as long as Fischer is in charge. And I won't start again either until he is gone. Even if they win gold despite him being on the bench.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Either it's bullshit or Bichsel is just not a very likeable person. Such people exist.

But hell, yeah, it's just a shame that this cannot be solved like mature people should solve such stuff.

And as I said before, Weibel has to go before Fischer. He's much worse in every aspect.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Either it's bullshit or Bichsel is just not a very likeable person. Such people exist.

But hell, yeah, it's just a shame that this cannot be solved like mature people should solve such stuff.

And as I said before, Weibel has to go before Fischer. He's much worse in every aspect.

It's bullshit. Just like last year when Malgin was "sick" in the quarter.

They need to go both. No more time for excuses. This is too much.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I normally watch Ice-hockey because of the players and not because of the coach. And watching Nico Hischier is a pleasure no matter who is on the bench.

Reactions: pouf pouf

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
I normally watch Ice-hockey because of the players and not because of the coach. And watching Nico Hischier is a pleasure no matter who is on the bench.

I absolutely understand but at this point I feel like keeping this situation is an insult to the player as well.

That's exactly why it is so frustrating, we have the best gen of player we ever had and it's like the people behind are making sure we won't do anything with it.

Reactions: Hinterland

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
There is nothing wrong with wanting to keep watching. For me its just that I get less and less joy out of the NT as the situation keeps staying the same. I am already investing a significant part of my lifetime into hockey and I don't wan't to use this time to watch games that frustrate me to no end.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The worst thing about this is that the perennial loser doesn't even have the balls to admit that this is him hating Bichsel. He's just flat out lying, putting words into the mouths of his players to then hide behind them. You'd have to be absolutely crazy to believe that 8 players, or even just the majority of 8 NT players give a rats ass about a random WJC20. They simply couldn't care less if Bichsel played one or two (or three) WJC20's in the past. And even if, for some reasons, they do care they'd most certainly understand the circumstances. That season with the summer WJC20 was all over the place thanks to covid. Had Bichsel joined the WJC20 camp like the SIHF wanted then he'd have had just one week of holidays/off season training. He offered to join the team for the full Edmonton part of the camp, still more than a week ahead of the tournament including two exhibitions. As I explained already, several players are joining SIHF camps this late or even later every season. Also, even like that, Bichsel would have had just two weeks off. Two week of offseason is still only a fraction of a regular offseason and nowhere near enough. Especially for young players still growing into their bodies, the offseason is important. No need to even be a hockey pro to understand this. Bichsel is also very injury prone and always has been. Not for one second do I believe that players of the NT team wanted to ban Bichsel because of that reasonable request. In fact, I'm sure they'd have made the exact same request had they been in Bichsel's place.

Now, the Sweden WJC is a bit of a different story. I think the perennial loser just didn't like Bichsel's revenge there and that's why he hates him now.

Bichsel rubbing it in may not have been his smartest decision (though definitely funny) but from a neutral point of view we have to say that if it wasn't for Bichsel's Europe out clause, he wouldn't have been available for the WJC20 anyway. The Dallas Stars wouldn't have released him. In fact, even with his out clause I'm not sure he could have played the WJC20 without Dallas releasing him. He may be playing for Rögle but he's on loan from Dallas so I'm not sure he could have left Rögle and played the WJC20 without permission from the Stars.

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Now let's assume you're right and there isn't such thing like a majority of the captians team (let's call it like this) supporting that the decision (or even forcing it).

There are players like Nico or Nino or Josi who I would assume would stand up if that would be the case. I mean they have a standing in the ice-hockey world. The're not playing in Switzerland so it doesn't matter for them if the federation doesn't like them. I don't know them personally but I don't have the impression they are people who don't say anything if they don't agree.

I agree, it's probably a different story if you're playing in Switzerland.But also then, they are all having their paycheck and not a bad one. If they cannot play NT anymore becuase Fischer doesn't like them. I wouldn't care if someone is telling lies about me. And the relationship between the federation and the teams isn't the best, either.

My assumption is that Fischer has support from some or most important and influental players.

Edit: I think if Bichsel played AHL there would have been a good chance that Dallas would have allowed him to play WJC. But that's speculation anyway.

All in all, it's harming Swiss ice hockey and a federation should do exactly the opposite.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
I have no personal clue here, but its quite easy to understand that if Fischer did not have some backing from some of the core -players on the team or if they were all against it, he would have never done it. That would have been to much of a risk for himself.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I have no personal clue here, but its quite easy to understand that if Fischer did not have some backing from some of the core -players on the team or if they were all against it, he would have never done it. That would have been to much of a risk for himself.

No risk at all. He's a perennial loser and still didn't get fired. He's also not gonna get fired anytime soon because those who could fire him are all members of his cult. Nothing is ever gonna change for the better inside the SIHF without a full house cleaning.

The perennial loser literally mobbed Paterlini out of his job after refusing to act as a dummy coach. He then installed Bayer as his dummy coach and got away with all of it.

He can do whatever the f*** he wants. Zero risk at all. Who's supposed to say anything? Whoever says something is the next to earn a ban.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022

The articles are clear, the back up are not the player but a council of 8 people of the federation deciding on Bichsel future on the NT.

The player story only comes from Fischer words.

If you want to ban him this year, it's a thing, but banning him from olympics and the WC at home is absolutely ridiculous, espacially when you know he was ready to play for the NT last year and this year.

Stop trying to seek excuses for those moron, they are actively hurting this team and they MUST go

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Oh damn. Then it sounds as you have gotten into the famous "I scratch your back and you scratch mine"-cult where nothing gets better until... Well.. Hmmm, never?

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Oh damn. Then it sounds as you have gotten into the famous "I scratch your back and you scratch mine"-cult where nothing gets better until... Well.. Hmmm, never?

Yeah nothing will get better when this team is lead by people not able to question themselves but always quick to punish other for their mistake, I don't think you need to be a genius to understand why

Bichsel is a big talent and he won't even be here at the olympics because he wasn't at a WJC, this is just ridiculous. They are actively hurting this team, after that I wouldn't be surprised if Bichsel don't want to come help the team at all.

(sorry if my comments looks personnal, I'm just pissed with all this crap)

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Well. I agree that Weibel has to go and I agree with the rest of his article but i strongly believe Zaugg is fundamentally wrong saying that it's Weibel and not the perennial loser who has a problem with Bichsel. In my humble view, Weibel is just a minion of the loser. Weibel would probably lick his toes if asked to do so. He's very much a member of the cult. Doesn't have an opinion, just does what he's told. He's very much part of the problem but I'd be shocked if he had a problem with Bichsel personally.

A fish rots from the head down but I don't think Weibel is the head.

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
The articles are clear, the back up are not the player but a council of 8 people of the federation deciding on Bichsel future on the NT.

The player story only comes from Fischer words.
That's not true. The article says "Mannschaftsrat" which is like a Captains team, so these are influental players. Cannot say which players.

I rarley agree with Klaus Zaugg but I'm with him on this one.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
That's not true. The article says "Mannschaftsrat" which is like a Captains team, so these are influental players. Cannot say which players.

I rarley agree with Klaus Zaugg but I'm with him on this one.

The whole aspect of the players council is a very confusing one and the media isn't very clear on it as far as I can tell. Some articles state that the current council doesn't want Bichsel rehabilitated. Some others refer to a decision from the 2020 version of the council regarding the Malgin case. Back then some of the players wanted to reintegrate Malgin (and some others) back into the team by the condition that the "commitment ban" stays in place as an instrument to discipline players. Now which one of those statements is true? Are both? Are the players on both versions of the council the same people? Lots of questions I can't find an answer to.

Anyway I still think that Fischer plays a significant, if not the most important role in the whole story. It was he who introduced the policy back in 2018 before Weibel was even part of the SIHF. And I highly doubt any of the players back then cared about Malgin not taking part in a meaningless "prospects camp". So if the situation spiraled out of control now its Fischers fault for introducing the "commitment policy" in the first place instead of looking at each case individually and factoring in the respective circumstances.

Then as far as I can tell no player missed more than one tournament because of the "commitment ban". Fiala missed one before the ban was officially implemented. Malgin only missed the 2019 tournament. Now Fischer tries to be cute and argues that Malgin would have been banned for the 2020 WC as well. So in that case Covid counts as a mitigating circumstance but when Bichsel declined f for the "Covid replacement WJC" it doesn't. Way to be consistent.

But even then banning someone for two tournaments isn't the same as for four. If Fischer/Weibel wanted to, they could tried to mitigate in the conflict between Bichsel and the players. They could have banned him for this years WC, so that every offender of the "commitment policy" would de facto have had the same punishment. That would have been consistent. But no they ban him for four tournaments right away and take the "NHL-Olympics" and the home ice WC away from him. They gave him the maximum penalty right away. There would have been several better options to go forward for Fischer and Weibel but they chose to take the hardest possible stance. Whatever comes from this situation in the future, they will have to take on the lions share of the blame. And regarding the dynamic of the NT "leadership", I agree with @Hinterland. Fischer who was there earlier is the domineering part and Weibel follows his lead. They should be considered one "team" when it comes to this issue. The fact that Klaus Zaugg tries to shift all the blame to Weibel is just a sign of this weird infatuation every sport journalist seems to have for Fischer. Blaming Weibel is just a way for Zaugg to be still able to write controversial articles about the subject without having to blame the wizards aprentice directly. But the take that Fischer seemingly has to ban Bichsel almost against his own will is just ridiculous to me.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
The whole aspect of the players council is a very confusing one and the media isn't very clear on it as far as I can tell. Some articles state that the current council doesn't want Bichsel rehabilitated. Some others refer to a decision from the 2020 version of the council regarding the Malgin case. Back then some of the players wanted to reintegrate Malgin (and some others) back into the team by the condition that the "commitment ban" stays in place as an instrument to discipline players. Now which one of those statements is true? Are both? Are the players on both versions of the council the same people? Lots of questions I can't find an answer to.

Anyway I still think that Fischer plays a significant, if not the most important role in the whole story. It was he who introduced the policy back in 2018 before Weibel was even part of the SIHF. And I highly doubt any of the players back then cared about Malgin not taking part in a meaningless "prospects camp". So if the situation spiraled out of control now its Fischers fault for introducing the "commitment policy" in the first place instead of looking at each case individually and factoring in the respective circumstances.

Then as far as I can tell no player missed more than one tournament because of the "commitment ban". Fiala missed one before the ban was officially implemented. Malgin only missed the 2019 tournament. Now Fischer tries to be cute and argues that Malgin would have been banned for the 2020 WC as well. So in that case Covid counts as a mitigating circumstance but when Bichsel declined f for the "Covid replacement WJC" it doesn't. Way to be consistent.

But even then banning someone for two tournaments isn't the same as for four. If Fischer/Weibel wanted to, they could tried to mitigate in the conflict between Bichsel and the players. They could have banned him for this years WC, so that every offender of the "commitment policy" would de facto have had the same punishment. That would have been consistent. But no they ban him for four tournaments right away and take the "NHL-Olympics" and the home ice WC away from him. They gave him the maximum penalty right away. There would have been several better options to go forward for Fischer and Weibel but they chose to take the hardest possible stance. Whatever comes from this situation in the future, they will have to take on the lions share of the blame. And regarding the dynamic of the NT "leadership", I agree with @Hinterland. Fischer who was there earlier is the domineering part and Weibel follows his lead. They should be considered one "team" when it comes to this issue. The fact that Klaus Zaugg tries to shift all the blame to Weibel is just a sign of this weird infatuation every sport journalist seems to have for Fischer. Blaming Weibel is just a way for Zaugg to be still able to write controversial articles about the subject without having to blame the wizards aprentice directly. But the take that Fischer seemingly has to ban Bichsel almost against his own will is just ridiculous to me.

Yeah the punishment is ridiculous and arbitrary, there is nothing that can justify to ban him more than this year, it's just disgusting and it is against the team best interest since he will likely be (and already is) good enough to be a big part of the team.

And, again, spitting on him through the media is absolutely disgusting too.

I'm f***ing tired of all this shit, all those people trying to find excuses for those dumbass, like they weren't already doing it well themselves, excuses, excuses and excuses.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Why would a "player council" want one of the best defensemen banned for four tournaments just because of two stories around WJC20's? Even the idea is crazy. Why actively hurt your team's chances because of tournaments you don't even care about? Also, the first time it was just a request to join camp a few days later...players do that all the time. NT teams of all levels regularly have players joining late. No player cares about others joining late. Bichsel was never gonna get cut from the team anyway. The 2nd time I'm not even sure if the Dallas Stars would have released him for the WJC20. In any way, they wouldn't have released him without his Europe out clause. So had it not been for his out clause Bichsel negociated specifically to join Rögle then he would have had zero chance to go to the WJC20 even if he wanted to. To ban him just because he happened to have a Europe out clause in his contract seems stupid.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad