WC: Switzerland 2024 roster talk

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Maybe, but even than, you know how it works. The only really chance to get rid of Fischer is to miss the Quarters. And I'm too much Swiss to want to see that.

Or making it to the quarter and getting our ass kicked by Slovakia/Germany/Latvia maybe

About the New Jersey guys, do we know if they are all gonna make the team (obviously Akira won't be here given his season) ?

And what about Bichsel ? Is there a chance that he makes the team ? It's like no one is talking about him, I'm so afraid that he don't even get call after not coming at the WJC :rolleyes:

Because in term of talent and given the lack of guys with his unique profil, he should absolutely be
here

Edit :

According to this article, he is in the SHL playoff finals with his team and he wants to join the national team but it depends on Dallas letting him go and Fischer calling him.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Meier, Hischier and Siegenthaler will get a call and will be there if healthy. Don't know about Akira. He's RFA anyway but I'm not sure he's an upgrade over the other options.

Bichsel would have made the team last year without his injury but my bet he's Dallas-bound after the season ending in Sweden.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
Meier, Hischier and Siegenthaler will get a call and will be there if healthy. Don't know about Akira. He's RFA anyway but I'm not sure he's an upgrade over the other options.

Bichsel would have made the team last year without his injury but my bet he's Dallas-bound after the season ending in Sweden.
And what about Kurashev?

krutais23

May 1, 2023
Can you guys rank a top 8 Swiss D men that are playing in Europe? Because I feel like there are many good D men, but only know that Kukan is at the top of the list..

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Or making it to the quarter and getting our ass kicked by Slovakia/Germany/Latvia maybe

About the New Jersey guys, do we know if they are all gonna make the team (obviously Akira won't be here given his season) ?

And what about Bichsel ? Is there a chance that he makes the team ? It's like no one is talking about him, I'm so afraid that he don't even get call after not coming at the WJC :rolleyes:

Because in term of talent and given the lack of guys with his unique profil, he should absolutely be
here

Edit :

According to this article, he is in the SHL playoff finals with his team and he wants to join the national team but it depends on Dallas letting him go and Fischer calling him.
You raise a good point about the New Jersey guys. I could see them getting cut from the team.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Can you guys rank a top 8 Swiss D men that are playing in Europe? Because I feel like there are many good D men, but only know that Kukan is at the top of the list..
1.Dean Kukan, ZSC Lions
2.Ramon Untersander, SC Bern(does not play for the NT anymore)
3.Tim Berni, Genève Servette (played poorly in the first two exhibition games)
4. Tobias Geisser, EV Zug
5.Romain Loeffel, SC Bern
6.Andrea Glauser, Hc Lausanne (very underrated IMO)
7.Lian Bichsel, Rögle BK
8.Mirco Müller, Hc Lugano
HM Dominik Egli, Simon Le Coultre,Christin Marti, Santeri Alatalo, Yannick Weber

Off the top off my head but i have to say after Kukan the Players are all pretty equal they can be swapped easily and Geisser and Berni are higher because of potential. Hope i didn‘t forget anyone.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
1.Dean Kukan, ZSC Lions
7.Lian Bichsel, Rögle BK
HM Dominik Egli, Simon Le Coultre,Christin Marti, Santeri Alatalo, Yannick Weber

Off the top off my head but i have to say after Kukan the Players are all pretty equal they can be swapped easily and Geisser and Berni are higher because of potential. Hope i didn‘t forget anyone.

I agree that Glauser is impressive with Lausanne this year.

There is rumours that he will get an offer from the New York Islander, so wait and see

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I agree that Glauser he's impressive with Lausanne this year.

There is rumours that he will get an offer from the New York Islander, so wait and see
I read that too, i don‘t know if he‘s that good but would be nice and i always like swiss players in the NHL. What do you think about the ranking?

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
I read that too, i don‘t know if he‘s that good but would be nice and i always like swiss players in the NHL. What do you think about the ranking?

I think it's a good ranking! Berni was cut (and Fora was there...) last year so I hope he makes the team this time. Assuming he plays better than he did against Slovakia.

I expect Bichsel to become a beast but he won't be in Europe for long anyway.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I think it's a good ranking! Berni was cut (and Fora was there...) last year so I hope he makes the team this time.

I expect Bichsel to become a beast but he won't be in Europe for long anyway.
Agree he will hopefully play in the NHL next season and if not in the AHL without moving to sweden halfway through the season.

Berni will play this year IMO if he plays better than he played in the first two( and hopefully fora won‘t go this year he‘s just not good enough)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hischier and Meier are a lock if they agree to come, Siegs had a tough season so wouldn't be surprised if he is not here.
I was just kidding. Your post made it sound like they were holding open tryouts. Siegenthaler had a very injury plagued season. He should pass if they ask him. He needs to heal up and rehab.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
I was just kidding. Your post made it sound like they were holding open tryouts. Siegenthaler had a very injury plagued season. He should pass if they ask him. He needs to heal up and rehab.

Yeah that was more like are we sure they want to come ?

Reactions: My3Sons

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
1.Dean Kukan, ZSC Lions
7.Lian Bichsel, Rögle BK

Can u make a top 8 D with foreigners in NLA only? Curious if any swede is in top 8.

Bichsel have been a monster in SHL playoffs btw. He reminds me of a less offensive skilled Seider.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Can u make a top 8 D with foreigners in NLA only? Curious if any swede is in top 8.

Bichsel have been a monster in SHL playoffs btw. He reminds me of a less offensive skilled Seider.
I‘d go with:
1.Sami Vatanen Genève Servette
2.Mikko Lehtonen ZSC Lions
3.Lukas Bengtsson EV Zug
4.Christian Djoos HC Lausanne
5.Tim Heed HC Ambri-Piotta
6.Jesse Virtanen HC Ambri-Piotta
7.Ryan Gunderson Friborug Gotteron
8.Andreas Borgman Fribourg Gotteron/Lawrence Pilut HC Lausanne
HM:Ville Säärijärvi,Juuso Riikola,Klas Dahlbeck,Alexander Yakovenko,Julius Honka,Ville Pokka

Lots of swedes here, if Tömmernes would still be around i‘d have him as number 1.

Bichsel have been a monster in SHL playoffs btw. He reminds me of a less offensive skilled
Has he played well? I‘ve heard he was playing bad at the beginning for Rögle.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Does not look good with Meier. He has had two MCL injurys plus another injury. So he is awaiting some results. No official word just yet about him. But with this info a kind of get it if Devils say "Hey, we prefer if you stay home and heal up"

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
So we have a probable Yes from Hischier and Siegenthaler and a maybe from Meier. Kurahsev should normally follow. And Josi and Suter are playing each other in the first round, so one of them should available.

I don't expect Moser to sign before the WC especially with the move from the Coyotes to Salt Lake City.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Aha. Yep, sounds very much like a yes. Switzerland will once again have a very good team.

Hischier, Kurashev, Siegenthaler, Malgin, Josi or Suter.

Moser, Corvi, Schmid and Meier most likely out. And Niederreiter and Fiala in playoffs. But still, a good team.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Would not rule out Meier yet, if it would be sure he'd have said it. We'll see.

I'm pretty sure Fischer will keep a spot open for Nino, who said latley he'd use every opportunity to play for the national team with his progressing age.

Good thing is also that Swiss players play a major role in the Swiss finals. Malgin/Andrighetto obviously for the Lions but also for Lausanne players like Riat, Glauser and Jäger play major roles and have more impact than their imports.

Reactions: Playmaker82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad