Post-Game Talk: Sweet, sloppy victory! 5:4 Leafs!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Not the prettiest win I've ever seen but I'll take it

We do have an unfortunate tendency to play down to our opponents at times, we got a bit of a tune up in all honesty

Andersen was good, Hyman was excellent and I thought the Tavares lines stepped up

The less said about the defensive effort the better, especially Gardiner and Zaitsev, those two just cannot play together, they bring out the worst each other somehow

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He was alright, made some good plays. He's clearly just playing on his own basically, doesn't use his linemates much and needs new ones because there are some chemistry issues.

Dubas needs to take Brown and Marleau away from Babcock somehow and re-tool that left side.
He has these linemates because he wasn't clicking with Nylander, Marner or Hyman.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I didn't mind that game at all. If opponents want to trade shots with us like that, it's fine with me.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
This is not gonna cut it in the playoffs. Hopefully we can get this out of our system as much as possible before April
I'd be more worried if we played like this vs. good teams, but we always seem to elevate our play when needed.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Why doesn't johnsson get even 10 minutes of toi
He looked a little timid when he returned but he's got his game back, should 100% be on with either Matthews or on the Kadri line.

Brown provides (maybe) 0.5 PPG potential and Johnsson looks like he could be 60+ sooner rather than later

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I'd be more worried if we played like this vs. good teams, but we always seem to elevate our play when needed.

This is a game we deserved to lose, good teams win games they should lose though. We’ve been the Ottawa in this game many times.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
He was alright, made some good plays. He's clearly just playing on his own basically, doesn't use his linemates much and needs new ones because there are some chemistry issues.

Dubas needs to take Brown and Marleau away from Babcock somehow and re-tool that left side.
Fair enough but, to my eyes, he's always chasing the play.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
thewave said:
Z is the big problem, that's obvious but now since the booing he has been terrible, especially at home. What do you do? Do you try and lug a rattled player into the PO or do you make some moves?

Listen, Zaitsev didn't force Gardiner to skate the puck into two Sens late in the game, turning the puck over and causing another chance. Neither did the booing.

He can be a good player at a times but the problem is he can also be an abysmal player at times without a brain in his head. He's as bipolar a player as I've ever seen.

That is one reason why the Leafs probably aren't going to be signing him this offseason. Like JVR, he is an offensively talented but flawed supporting player. Precisely the sort of player you move on from rather than overpay for their declining years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad