Post-Game Talk: Sweet McDavid Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It's not a dive when that's perfectly legal contact, and probably easier to just take the fall than awkwardly try to regain your balance.
Hey you can make all the excuses you want for him if you'd like. Just sayin that doesn't look like he bracing for fall. He's sliding towards Brods. It looks like a dive with minimal contact from matthews, second McDavid slides into Brodie and luckily for Brodie he didn't fall backwards and land on his head out with an injury.

See the dumb play how Rakell got injured today with legs taken out?

Just bc hes the best doesnt mean he can do whatever the hell he wants out there.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
We have to be careful not to hurt any of the other teams fans on our own board.

Funny thing is I did notice some Oilers fans talking trash about McDavid dominating matthews head to Head this game......which turned out to be a lie.

Head to Head:

Xgf%

Matthews 63.7% --- McDavid 36.3%
Matthews 68.2% --- Draisaitl 31.9%

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Funny thing is I did notice some Oilers fans talking trash about McDavid dominating matthews head to Head this game......which turned out to be a lie.

Head to Head:

Xgf%

Matthews 63.7% --- McDavid 36.3%
Matthews 68.2% --- Draisaitl 31.9%
Yeah I seen that too. It gave me a chuckle.

Reactions: Leaftors

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There would be 4 north division teams in the playoffs. The jets would win enough games with thei scoring and goaltending. You have the best player in the league, who would be dominating just as much against any other team. Montreal would win enough games too. I don’t think you’re even remotely correct.

Habs wouldn’t make the playoffs. Toronto, Tampa Bay, Boston and Florida all ahead of them in the Atlantic and I’d take a number of Metropolitan Division teams as well. Carolina, Islanders, Capitals, Penguins. Probably even the Flyers even though they seem to be terrible this year.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Habs wouldn’t make the playoffs. Toronto, Tampa Bay, Boston and Florida all ahead of them in the Atlantic and I’d take a number of Metropolitan Division teams as well. Carolina, Islanders, Capitals, Penguins. Probably even the Flyers even though they seem to be terrible this year.

Eh I'm not sure I take Boston and Florida ahead of the Habs right now tbh.

Reactions: Leaftors

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We were better team again and hockey gods gave us back what we deserved - a win ... god bless McJesus and Dra they are da Oilers team and great players but 2 guys don't beat a team ... da tender is helping huge getting them points now too ... but there is no defense there except Nurse and you just can't win in a situation like that as we saw last year with Muzzy ... Nurse goes down and Oilers lose 10 straight immediately ... it will be a dog fight between Oilers Flames and Canucks for 4th playoff spot

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Joe Boens laugh when we see McDavids face is priceless

That was funny lol.

What's even funnier is Bowen and Ralph were actually CONVINCED Engvall gloved that puck towards the net and should be recalled :laugh: (two blind mice)

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Florida has done the job against the weak teams but hasn't been all that good against Carolina and Tampa. I think they would struggle to keep up with the Leafs and they probably end up in the same sort of range as Montreal.

People have to remember that a lot of those teams in the Central Division are either rebuilding or are really struggling right now. Any good team would expect to win any given game unless they are playing against Tampa, Carolina, or Florida right now. Same goes for the West, where half of the teams are rebuilding and St. Louis is sucking... So Vegas, Colorado, and somewhat Minnesota are your difficult teams.

The East is the only tougher division, and it is a really weird dynamic. Islanders dominate the Bruins but suck against the Pens, Caps, and Flyers. Boston dominates the Pens, Caps, and Flyers, but sucks against the Islanders and (surprisingly) the Devils. Pens don't really dominate anyone and win a lot of games in OT. Washington sucks against the Pens and Bruins but does well against the rest. Pretty much the only common variable is that Buffalo gives free points. Really it is looking like the toughest division will end up having the easiest matchup in the Conference Finals, barring surprises, because all of them have larger problems than Vegas, Toronto, Colorado, Carolina, Tampa, etc. right now. However Boston is probably the best team in the division right now, and will probably make it out of there unless they play or do not figure out the Islanders (since the Devils won't make the playoffs). They have a lot of free Buffalo points they should be able to collect and that should push them to the top of the division.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
There would be 4 north division teams in the playoffs. The jets would win enough games with thei scoring and goaltending. You have the best player in the league, who would be dominating just as much against any other team. Montreal would win enough games too. I don’t think you’re even remotely correct.
Read my post again. I said if not for "COVID"
Meaning they would be in previous divisions and therefore not make the playoffs

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Florida has done the job against the weak teams but hasn't been all that good against Carolina and Tampa. I think they would struggle to keep up with the Leafs and they probably end up in the same sort of range as Montreal.

People have to remember that a lot of those teams in the Central Division are either rebuilding or are really struggling right now. Any good team would expect to win any given game unless they are playing against Tampa, Carolina, or Florida right now. Same goes for the West, where half of the teams are rebuilding and St. Louis is sucking... So Vegas, Colorado, and somewhat Minnesota are your difficult teams.

The East is the only tougher division, and it is a really weird dynamic. Islanders dominate the Bruins but suck against the Pens, Caps, and Flyers. Boston dominates the Pens, Caps, and Flyers, but sucks against the Islanders and (surprisingly) the Devils. Pens don't really dominate anyone and win a lot of games in OT. Washington sucks against the Pens and Bruins but does well against the rest. Pretty much the only common variable is that Buffalo gives free points. Really it is looking like the toughest division will end up having the easiest matchup in the Conference Finals, barring surprises, because all of them have larger problems than Vegas, Toronto, Colorado, Carolina, Tampa, etc. right now. However Boston is probably the best team in the division right now, and will probably make it out of there unless they play or do not figure out the Islanders (since the Devils won't make the playoffs). They have a lot of free Buffalo points they should be able to collect and that should push them to the top of the division.

Tbh even the east is not all that impressive - WSH PIT BOS are old deteriorating teams, and PHI way overachieved last year.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019

Ekblad's out for the season so I wouldn't be shocked if Florida comes back down to earth.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
Ekblad's out for the season so I wouldn't be shocked if Florida comes back down to earth.
Florida will definitely miss Ekbald. This will probably force their hand at the trade deadline. However this team is deep( many pieces to use in a tade) They will still challenge for top spot in this division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad