Sweeney: "We're Looking to Make Changes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Very broad comment. Letting Krug go would technically be 'making changes' but I doubt anyone would be surprised about it. Hope he can make some good moves.
I don't think he was going to name names.

In order to sign a free agent, it sounds like they feel they'd have to move some significant salary. And it also sounds like that's something the team is exploring.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
This is intriguing for fans. Gives us something to chew on in the offseason.

Let's hope October gives us Treats and not more Tricks
giphy.gif

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
should be.
im thinking krug debrusk gone. maybe even rask
think we will go after lehner or holtby for goalie if rask goes.
Krug gone..

DeBrusk or Rask trade for a first rd pk or both will be gone , salary cap space I guess is more important instead of return. . Sweeney won’t say he’s making changes without knowing he got something cooking.

I’m gonna say he signs PA or Hall , does it make them better . Who knows! He might even throw in Bjork so he can dump Moore’s contract. Rask decision is the key..

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Sign toffoli and granlund for 2nd line. Drop kase and jdb to 3rd line. Done. Krug walks so be it we have Moore kampfer and the prospects to fill his spot. Only glaring need is rebuilding 2nd line.

I'd be on board for this if he can get it done. But Moore and Kampfer only if the youth proves incapable. Probably gonna have to unload Moore if you want your scenario to happen anyway.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ah... The good ole "evaluation" and "series of moves"...

Incoming 3rd line grinder confirmed.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's the annual tradition.

I must confess this is what crossed my mind right away too :laugh: Sweeney has never struck me as a huge changes guy, and I don't expect to see it this off season either. I want to be wrong also, and I hope we see our legit 2nd line RW (and not some 'he used to be good' sort of wing) incoming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad