Swedish KHL team

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I'm for a Swedish KHL-team, but the idea of touring Scandinavia makes it ridiculous. If they put 25-28 of the home games in, for example, Stockholm and 2-5 games spread out, that would be okay. But not having a real "home base" makes it a weird idea.

Did they get the idea from Tre Kronor touring Sweden? :laugh:

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I'm 100% against.

It would be impossible for a Swedish KHL team to exist without an exemption from the 51% rule, if they get one that will inevitably lead to the downfall of supporter democracy in Swedish sports.

Beyond that it simply makes absolutely no financial or sporting sense whatsoever, it would be nothing but a thinly-veiled Russian attempt at propaganda.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I'm 100% against.

It would be impossible for a Swedish KHL team to exist without an exemption from the 51% rule, if they get one that will inevitably lead to the downfall of supporter democracy in Swedish sports.

Beyond that it simply makes absolutely no financial or sporting sense whatsoever, it would be nothing but a thinly-veiled Russian attempt at propaganda.

As it's a brand new club, they don't have to care about this part.

It seems like "The Crowns" want Nihlstorp
http://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/sport/uppgift-nihlstorp-kan-ga-till-svenskt-khl-lag/

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
As it's a brand new club, they don't have to care about this part.

It does not work like that. The 51% rule applies to all Swedish sports clubs, every club associated with Riksidrottsförbundet in some way has to abide by it.

They would either need an exemption, which sets a very bad precedent, or operate as a rogue club without any sanction from the Swedish sports structure, which would cause an absolute circus.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
It does not work like that. The 51% rule applies to all Swedish sports clubs, every club associated with Riksidrottsförbundet in some way has to abide by it.

They would either need an exemption, which sets a very bad precedent, or operate as a rogue club without any sanction from the Swedish sports structure, which would cause an absolute circus.

There already are "rogue" organisations which have decided to stay outside of RF. Not sure how they are doing though.

http://www.svenskamotorsportalliansen.se/
http://speedwayforalla.se/

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm 100% against.

Ok, and a goal of that propaganda is?

TedLundy

Dec 2, 2014
Didn't Jokerit economy get messed up by KHL?
Don't want that for any Swedish team.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Didn't Jokerit economy get messed up by KHL?
Don't want that for any Swedish team.

They didn't get messed up, they were aware of the big losses.

Jokerit's Russian co-owner Roman Rotenberg is covering their losses the first 3 seasons

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
They didn't get messed up, they were aware of the big losses.

Jokerit's Russian co-owner Roman Rotenberg is covering their losses the first 3 seasons

Then what? Do they fold the team? Send it back to Liiga? It's not like they'll be making 12million euro more the seasons after.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Then what? Do they fold the team? Send it back to Liiga? It's not like they'll be making 12million euro more the seasons after.

They will most likely go back to Liiga unless they find another person willing to spend that money on the team.

Jokerit's majority owner Hjallis Harkimo will sell the team if he gets elected as the leader of "Samlingspartiet". That is an opening for a new owner who's willing to spend that amount of money.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I am absolutly for, the only way to compete against NHL is through KHL, and it would be fun to cheer for swedish club team at high level. I do not really see the harm for trying either, execpt it will probably hurt the owners wallet, but I am guessing they are not exactly poor. Because as a money investment it will probably suck.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
My view is that I'm fairly positive..

I hope only swedes on this team. Would be like a mini tre kronor.

Because of this. Which seems to be the consensus. Even if it's just a similar amount of Swedes as your average SHL team, that's good.

It's commercial money, so if the ship goes down, it's not costing anybody(other than a job). A good income for already existing arenas that are empty better parts of a season, not to mention taxes.

Speaking of arenas, I wonder if this will spark the investors for some of the (semi-planned) new ones in Västerås, Uppsala or maybe Stockholm. Would make a lot more sense to play there than in SHL cities.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
My view is that I'm fairly positive..

Because of this. Which seems to be the consensus. Even if it's just a similar amount of Swedes as your average SHL team, that's good.

It's commercial money, so if the ship goes down, it's not costing anybody(other than a job). A good income for already existing arenas that are empty better parts of a season, not to mention taxes.

Speaking of arenas, I wonder if this will spark the investors for some of the (semi-planned) new ones in Västerås, Uppsala or maybe Stockholm. Would make a lot more sense to play there than in SHL cities.
The talks died after we failed to get promoted. I guess the arena plans are on hold until we reach the SHL

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The talks died after we failed to get promoted. I guess the arena plans are on hold until we reach the SHL

Okay, so it's a city sponsored thingie altogether? For Uppsala it's like 15-20% tax money and the rest has to come from investors, will be a done deal if they get the money by the of the summer or so I think. However that arena is ridiculously expensive so I have my doubts about it happening. But IF it happens I bet they would love to have more teams playing there than just Almtuna.. And the 30 minute drive to Arlanda would be a pretty big deal.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Meh.

Not really for or against anything like that. If somebody will spend the money on that project, go ahead. If somebody wants to watch it, by all means. Meh. :skeptic:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
dILhvOX.png

A potential KHL team Hockeystudion predicted

Green names are rumours, white names are just predictions

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
dILhvOX.png

A potential KHL team Hockeystudion predicted

Green names are rumours, white names are just predictions

MPS and Josefsson the biggest names there. I would love to see Klasen and Rundblad as well, that I feel is fairly realistic.

TedLundy

Dec 2, 2014
After the press conference Crowns gave.. No way it will happen this year.

In my opinion, no way. People like to compare this to Jokerit, but it's not possible. Jokerit was always an established team with a fanbase. This "upcoming" Crowns team will be created from out of randomness and hopes. The people who represent this team literally have no idea how it will go and they were not even sure with their own visions.

This is not Crowns, this is Clowns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad