Rumor: Swedish Chef is Creating a Smorgasbord of Opportunities for the Canucks

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
So far the Swedish Chef has provided a recipe for a Master class in team Reconstruction.

Allvin continues to make strategic acquisitions (Zadorov, Lafferty, Raty, Friedman, Bloom, Hronek) and signings (Kuzemenko, Mikheyev, Blueger, Super, Cole, Soucy, Aman, Johansson and College UFAs, McWard, Hirose and Sasson) etc.

Here is another "Player buys a house in Vancouver" rumour, like Marian Gaborik.

But if the rumour is true, Kessel is next d'oeuvre for the Swedish Chef:

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He sure is the puppetmaster of the Canucks. Nobody above him calling the shots.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Gotta believe we have at least one upper hand in negotiations

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231202_082731.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_082731.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 8

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Who sits for Kessel? Joshua? Lafferty? He doesn't make sense to add to the roster unless another trade happens.

Reactions: G Backup

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Who sits for Kessel? Joshua? Lafferty? He doesn't make sense to add to the roster unless another trade happens.

He could fit next to Pettersson or Miller if he earns it, PDG is playing up and down the lineup. He could also fit in the bottom 6 and give it some skill. The Garland line has some grit but could use a bit more finish.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
It makes little sense for us to acquire him, and yet, I love Phil Kessel so much that I need it to happen. This season will be peak entertainment with a Zadorov/Myers pairing and multiple Phil Kessel sightings at Costco (I will camp there).

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Gotta believe we have at least one upper hand in negotiations
Great! Thanks for revealing our secret, now other teams will try to steal it :sarcasm:

Really don't see the benefit of adding Phil, we just traded another floater forward out.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
The question I have is what does he bring to the team that the kids don't? The Canucks can score; we've seen that. But they seem to fall apart under pressure or under speed.

kessel adds scoring and some veteran presence which is great but he doesn't bring the speed or sustained pressure via physicality or defensive presence this team seems to be lacking.

I'd say they have plenty of guys in the minors who can do this and should spend the $ on a defenseman like Bear instead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad