GDT: Sweden vs Germany

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Gonna be a interesting match. If swedes play as we did against Poland with zero intensity we will loss. Needs to skate harder.

Changes i wanna see;

0ut;
Olofsson, Linus Johansson, Burakovsky, Heed

In;
Sörensen, Friberg, Fus, Bengtsson

Reactions: Summer Rose

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I hope Germany can bounce back and give Sweden a good game, though I don't think they have much of a chance to win it.
Germany was in final last year and has almost the same squad.

Sounds like Ersson will start in net.
I read somewhere that Wallstedt is gonna be benched the whole tournament. Weird due to how good he is.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Germany was in final last year and has almost the same squad.
A miracle run doesn't somehow turn Germany into a contender.

And it's worth noting that losing your only elite defender makes quite a difference in terms of roster quality.

Germany does have the odd game in them where they can compete with or even best a contender, and sometimes it can even lead to a little run far into the tournament, like last year, or at the 2018 Olympics, But overall, the likelyhood of Germany actually beating a team like Sweden ist still rather low.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
A miracle run doesn't somehow turn Germany into a contender.

And it's worth noting that losing your only elite defender makes quite a difference in terms of roster quality.

Germany does have the odd game in them where they can compete with or even best a contender, and sometimes it can even lead to a little run far into the tournament, like last year, or at the 2018 Olympics, But overall, the likelyhood of Germany actually beating a team like Sweden ist still rather low.
Inb4 Ra counters with ”Germany beat Slovakia and Slovakia beat USA..”

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Carlos Coliacovo doing his darndest to try move up in the TSN lineup, alas, I think it's an uphill battle for him.

He cuts a dashing figure though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad