GDT: Sweden vs. Czechia, Bronze Medal Game, August 20th, 2022; 1pm PT/ 4pm ET/ 10pm CEST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Really liked Hamara tonight. The defense as a whole is pretty good compared to other years. They’ll all be back at Xmas I think.
If we add Sale and Brabenec, we could do fairly well. Hopefully Jiricek will be at 100%. He’s the X factor that we need.

I was very impressed by Tichacek, Hamara, Cech, and Spacek. If they can get Jiricek to play like the real #1D that he can be and Svozil to play his best then this will be a very good D group in December.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Sweden were beatable today but our impotence in attack and scoring was the difference. Let's see what Christmas brings.
Yes they were.. we really had a good chance to win a medal finally. Real shame. Needed a little more from the offence. 1st period was bad.
It did get better as the game went on but just wasn’t enough at the end.
Overall I’m happy with the results.
Like @Czechboy noted, a lot of top 4 results this year across the board for Czech hockey. This is a good sign but doesn’t really mean much yet. We have had a few years of winning medals at u-18 level when Chytil, Zadina, and Necas were there. Yet still didn’t translate to anything at U-20 (one semifinal 2018). After that, we had three 7th place finishes in a row.
Unfortunately haven’t had a good group of forwards and defence together.
U17 and u18 looks really promising. Hopefully together they can make something happen at u20 finally.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was very impressed by Tichacek, Hamara, Cech, and Spacek. If they can get Jiricek to play like the real #1D that he can be and Svozil to play his best then this will be a very good D group in December.
Alscher and Moravec will be available too.. we may cut a very good Dman which hasn't happened in 15 years.lol

Love how good Spacek was! Nice bonus.

Agree about jiricek playing like a 1... Curious where he will be... Plzen or AHL.

Reactions: Goodman68

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Agree about jiricek playing like a 1... Curious where he will be... Plzen or AHL.

I go back and forth between wanting

Pilzen - level of play will allow Jiricek to play creatively, and he still has room to get better in Czech league,

and Cleveland - better for strength training and skating training. Any thoughts?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I noticed that czechs has 19 (!) players that are eligible to return

The entire defense can suit up again
We lose 2 goalies, mysak and Gut and a 4th liner.

Sale coming in! Same with Brabenec.

D could add Marek alscher and David Moravec.

So it is positive but I still don't see a medal.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I go back and forth between wanting

Pilzen - level of play will allow Jiricek to play creatively, and he still has room to get better in Czech league,

and Cleveland - better for strength training and skating training. Any thoughts?
I'm torn. Extraliga doesn't breed many elite dmen. However, if he stays he'd get EHT, U20 at xmas, world's in may. A lot of opportunities!

AHL would be closer to NHL and AHL creates a lot of elite NHL D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad