Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
wilka91 said:
Sweden owned Russia, 3-2

damn

Entertaining game. Not that well played by any of the teams though, but at least we got to pay back for Rosno Cup (although Marcus Nilson failed to kick Kovalchuks bottom).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Riddarn said:
The Hokki-night guys truly are Kuningas ;)

Tell me, finnish friends, are all finnish TV sports personalities that "colorful"? ;)

Oh, thank god no. :banghead: :mad: It's no wonder SM-liiga ratings aren't that good with that mockery of a hockey broadcast. But why "Kuningas", Predatore? Luleå fan?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Jussi said:
Oh, thank god no. :banghead: :mad: It's no wonder SM-liiga ratings aren't that good with that mockery of a hockey broadcast. But why "Kuningas", Predatore? Luleå fan?
Judging from the taunts I got in school when Finland lost any game, I'd say that Jutila is an icon for great play a bit allover sweden, and not just for Luleå fans...

What they usually taunted was something like "no Jutila, no win", or "Whatcha gonna do now that Jutila isn't there?" etc. etc.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Well now that I've seen the Sweden / Russia game, I must say that in spite of the score, the Russians outplayed the Swedes, especially in the 3rd period, where they had control of the game for about 15 minutes. The Russians just can't score goals ... and then Perezhogin hits the post ... Afanasenkov missed a golden opportunity ... always the same problem, can't score!

quebec2

Dec 1, 2004
Manaus
www.hockeytime.net
This is final standing for Euro Hockey Tour

Russia 14
Sweden 14
Czech Republic 13
Finland 13

so, what's happen now? Russia and Sweden play a final or tournament is end and Russia win?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
quebec2 said:
This is final standing for Euro Hockey Tour

Russia 14
Sweden 14
Czech Republic 13
Finland 13

so, what's happen now? Russia and Sweden play a final or tournament is end and Russia win?

Russia and Sweden play a 2-part final in April for the title while Finland and Czech Rep. will play a 2-part "bronze medal" game (don't know if they actually give medals).

First time in 5 years that Finland didn't won't win the EHT. Sacking Summanen sure looks smart now... :p: :mad:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Jussi said:
First time in 5 years that Finland didn't won't win the EHT. Sacking Summanen sure looks smart now... :p: :mad:

Why did they fire him? I thought he did a great job for the World Cup. Finland was without a doubt the best coached team besides Canada.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Riddarn said:
Why did they fire him? I thought he did a great job for the World Cup. Finland was without a doubt the best coached team besides Canada.

Chemistry problems with some players and apparently also with some big shots behind the scenes played a role. In other words, Summanen has a real difficult personality. He's got heart but he's lacking in social skills, he doesn't know how handle people properly.

Also, he kept going back and forth about continuing as the national team head coach. It was rather confusing to watch.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I think the underdog mentality plays in too :P subconsciously Finland (the federation) just don't want to win... And when a guy that exemplifies the words "Hard work" and "team effort"... poof he's gone.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I like the teams Erkka puts together, but I've seen more intensity in Woody Allen movies. Under Erkka every player pretty much looks unmotivated and really shines of uninterest.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
The Sweden Hockey Games directorate awards to best players in the tournament

Best goalkeeper: Henrik Lundqvist, Sweden
Best defenceman: Marek Zidlicky, Czech Republic
Best forward: Henrik Zetterberg, Sweden

The Sweden Hockey Games medias All Star Team

Goalkeeper: Henrik Lundqvist, Sweden
Defenceman: Marek Zidlicky, Czech Republic
Defenceman: Thomas Rhodin, Sweden
Forward: Timo Pärssinen, Finland