Sweden....getting a medal this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I'm sure hoping so....got a lot of Red Wings on that team.

However, Sundin and Nasland seem to be having pretty quiet seasons.....so who knows.

Well, at least they've got some sweet goaltending going this time.

SChan*

I think it looks pretty bad actually

Alfie - Good year but injured a lot
Forsberg - Good year but injured a lot.
Zetterberg - Good year buy injured right now.
Naslund - Quiet year by his standards.
Sundin - Bad year by his standards

Then our coached choosed the worst players from SEL while leaving out players such as Holmstrom, Nylander and Hedstrom. It's going to haunt him. :shakehead

Verdict - out in the quarterfinal again.

Last edited by a moderator:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
SectionX said:
I think it looks pretty bad actually

Alfie - Good year but injured a lot
Forsberg - Good year but injured a lot.
Zettberg - Good year bu injured right now.
Naslund - Quiet year by his standards.
Sundin - Bad year by his standards

Then our coached choosed the worst players from SEL while leaving out players such as Holmstrom, Nylander and Hedstrom. It's going to haunt him. :shakehead

Verdict - out in the quarterfinal again.

Actually, I think Alfredsson only has missed 4 games due to injury....cracked rib which has healed, apparently

Zetterberg is being listed as day to day with some kind of minor hip injury so should probably also be good to go.

I'm very surprised at Sundin and Nasland this year, I expected thm to be tearing the league up. Oh well, off years happen I guess.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i worry this all is gonna wear lundqvist down...hopefully he has a good tourney though

SChan*

Levitate said:
i worry this all is gonna wear lundqvist down...hopefully he has a good tourney though

He is used to play a lot. No worries about him really. My concern is our forwards. They're still good, but getting old and beat up.

SChan*

octopi said:
Actually, I think Alfredsson only has missed 4 games due to injury....cracked rib which has healed, apparently

Zetterberg is being listed as day to day with some kind of minor hip injury so should probably also be good to go.

I'm very surprised at Sundin and Nasland this year, I expected thm to be tearing the league up. Oh well, off years happen I guess.

they say Naslund is playing with an injury.

SChan*

Shane said:
Seems to be a groin injury. The team isn't really talking about it.

great, I am just waiting for him to announce he cant join our olympic team. He better be playing for sweden if he can play for canucks.

Skroob*

Sweden will grab the silver, Czech's will win gold though.

My Americans are gonna do horrible though.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Sweden usually tears up the round robin, and then loses their first elimination game. I'm hoping Lundquist will change this trend. Don't wory about the forwards, even with a couple injuries they will still be great up front.
I predict Sweden will finish first in their pool, and probably play Switzerland or Germany in the Quarter Final.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Canada is going to win. We'll be end up 2nd to 4th and a lot of that is going to be because of Lundqvist, he's going to steal games for us. What worries me is the fact the our new coach seems to be going in his predecessors footsteps with traditional oldfashioned swedish type of play. That type of play won us tournaments 10-15 years ago but not in a best on best tournament. If we meet Canada in a game that matters they are going to beat us, just because our coaches fail to see that we can't stand up against them where it counts the most, in front of net. That's where the Canadians beat us everytime and yet our coach pick a player like Hannula instead of Homer to the roster. Sad.

SChan*

B Boarding said:
That's where the Canadians beat us everytime and yet our coach pick a player like Hannula instead of Homer to the roster. Sad.

I think that's one of the worst coach decisions ever. I would compare it with if Gretzky was in his prime, and Canada choosed to pick someone like Ryan Smyth instead.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
SectionX said:
I think that's one of the worst coach decisions ever. I would compare it with if Gretzky was in his prime, and Canada choosed to pick someone like Ryan Smyth instead.

That's a pretty unbalanced comparison. There is noway Holmström is that good a player. The comparison would be fair if Hannula had been in and Forsberg out.

Having said that, I think it was a very bad decision myself to leave Holmström out of the team and select Hannula.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
Shane said:
Seems to be a groin injury. The team isn't really talking about it.

Nope, he's got a hip flexor. I don't know why he wouldn't just sit out for a few games and rest up. He's not exactly helping the team, then again, he's not hurting us either. He's barely over a point a game this season, but I haven't seen him take his deadly wrist shot in a while and that's probably due to the hip flexor. That's why he's been stuck at 22 goals for a while. Even Anson Carter is catching up to him in the goal department (thanks to the Sedins).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad