Sweden dmen Backman, Kronwall, Jonsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Jonsson...Do you mean Lars? If yes, Hewas suppose to be the next Lidstrom at the time of his draft but things never did work out. However, he has seemed to turn it around in the SEL and should be over hear next year playing for Prov or maybe Boston. He was suppose to have loads of offensive upside butI have heard he has become more defensive then he was before.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
GOBRUINS19 said:
Jonsson...Do you mean Lars? If yes, Hewas suppose to be the next Lidstrom at the time of his draft but things never did work out. However, he has seemed to turn it around in the SEL and should be over hear next year playing for Prov or maybe Boston. He was suppose to have loads of offensive upside butI have heard he has become more defensive then he was before.

yes I mean Lars, sorry for the confusion!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I don't know if Lars has become more defensive but he has for sure improved his defense. He is probably a top 10 defenseman in the SEL this season and if there is no lock-out I'm sure he'll move over the pond.

I think he has most upside offensively and would like to compare him to Kim Johnsson.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I thought Lars Jonsson was the second coming of Sandis Ozolinsh, when he was drafted. It's good to hear that he has developed something that Sandis never did.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
If your talking about Niklas Kronwall of Detroit, he has been very good this year. He didn't earn a roster spot out of training camp. Went to Grand Rapids and impressed everybody. He was playing close to 30 minutes a game including PP and PK time. Since his call up to the Wings he has played so well the Wings moved Mathieu Dandenault to forward to keep Niklas on the ice. He got his 1st career goal yesterday ironically assisted by Dandenault. Once Hatcher comes back from injury Kronwall will probably be sent back down to Grand Rapids. But he has shown he will be a very important part of the Wings blue-line in the future.

As for his game, he has excellent vision. A good accurate shot. And for a smaller guy he likes to play the body. He still needs to add some muscle. But IMO will be a very solid all around defenceman. I can see as a 1st pairing guy in the future.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I can only speak of Christian Backman of the Blues because I see him every night and he looks like he is developing into a very solid NHL player. There is a good article on him by Larry Wigge on the Blues web site www.stlouisblues.com that can give you more insight than I ever could. Its a good read check it out.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
i agree with JWI.. the more kronwall has played this year, the more and more holland is thinking about moving a guy like dandenault, and/or possibly not resigning chelios...

Kronwall has been pretty damn good, give him a full year next year, 3 years from now he's gonna be a force, a top 3-4 dman with a huge PP game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad