GDT: Sweden - Austria

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Naturally the one time that the refs actually recognize a hip check it's when a Swede makes it.
I saw Peter Forsberg holding a gun against the refs outside the arena before the game. I guess he gave them a offer they cant refuse.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Starting a goalie back to back when the goalies are about equal… I’m not sure. He’s probably gonna be in net against the U.S though.

Not an easy game for Rossi to play though. With a much better opponent that likes to play a pretty conservative game. I noticed him with a couple of good actions at least which is about as much as you can expect.

On Wallstedt. I’d be shocked if Minnesota doesn’t start giving him some serious NHL looks next season already. Because Fleury only has a year left or something right?
Watched a lot of Wallstedt in Iowa this year. VG, but not ready, and his stats confirm that.
Getting a SO against a team that was beaten by France doesn't move the needle for me.

Gustavsson was very, very good last season and Fleury will play out the final year of his contract as backup while Wall gets another year of steady play in the AHL until he is ready. Askarov is in the same division, and is getting the same treatment.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Watched a lot of Wallstedt in Iowa this year. VG, but not ready, and his stats confirm that.
Getting a SO against a team that was beaten by France doesn't move the needle for me.

Gustavsson was very, very good last season and Fleury will play out the final year of his contract as backup while Wall gets another year of steady play in the AHL until he is ready. Askarov is in the same division, and is getting the same treatment.
Oh, don’t get me wrong I wasn’t saying he should get NHL games based on his performance in the NT. It was more based on the fact that Fleury’s performance particularly in the post-season was unsatisfactory, and Wallstedts late season performance showed a ton of improvement. But you’re probably right that it would be wise to stick to the plan of two full years in the AHL.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Fortunately it's no torn ligament. He'll be out at least tomorrow against Denmark (which is a real bummer), but a comeback at some point later during the group stage seems possible.
Great news.

I was sitting right behind Team Austrias bench.

Reinbacher was really in to it, constantly giving fist bumps etc to players coming off the ice etc which is pretty remarkable for an 18 year old in his 2nd adults World Championship game. He also tried to get one of the assistant coaches to sniff the smelling salts while laughing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad