GDT: Sweden (2) vs. Canada (5) • Semifinals • Jan. 4 • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nice to see the guys playing disciplined. One side has been focused all night and have completely outclassed their opponent.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
God I am cheering for canada, but some of these comments in this thread on sweden being dirty, because of a few hits, and scrums is ridiculous.

This is hockey, if you wanna go watch a sport with no contact, go watch some curling.

Sweden is doing nothing wrong, both teams are playing there heart out here, enjoy it and stop *****ing.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
How have calls been behind even strength goals?

What? You just expect Sweden to be on the powerplay for the majority of the game without incident and also never have defensive zone faceoffs? Give me a ****ing break.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'm still on shock that the Gunarsson cross check after the whistle wasn't a penalty.

That's a ****ing dangerous play, and his head was turned away and facing the boards.

Gutless.

Sher-Wood

May 12, 2003
Sweden
Another obvious dive in front of the swedish net. Never ever seen a Canadian team dive this much. Almost like the Czechs back in their heydays. Embarrising really.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
God I am cheering for canada, but some of these comments in this thread on sweden being dirty, because of a few hits, and scrums is ridiculous.

This is hockey, if you wanna go watch a sport with no contact, go watch some curling.

Sweden is doing nothing wrong, both teams are playing there heart out here, enjoy it and stop *****ing.

At the end of the day its kids, dont need to be swinging elbows and fighting after every whistle. I love physical play as much as the next guy, but one team is losing its cool.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown

Some people get lost in that stuff. Can't be much fun.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

You've watched this tournament before. The refs call a lot of ticky tacky **** all the time. I don't mind it not being called but you can see why some people are questioning it when in years past our grinders would always get penalties on those plays. We don't have any hot heads on our team anymore though. Downie, Camara, Della Roverre etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad