SWE ROSTER U17 5 Nations Tournament in Czech Republic

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Major props to the tournament organizers for providing TOI. You rarely see that, and its very helpful.

However, I can't see about who had assists, which isn't as helpful.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
This is again an incredible shame, to provide a stream in such "quality..."

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This USA team hasn’t been getting expected results this year. I think this is a good team also. Coaching has been suspect. Greg Moore coaches this team. This is his first year as a head coach at the NTDP. Might need some time to settle in, but they’ve lost too many games they should be winning this year.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
This USA team hasn’t been getting expected results this year. I think this is a good team also. Coaching has been suspect. Greg Moore coaches this team. This is his first year as a head coach at the NTDP. Might need some time to settle in, but they’ve lost too many games they should be winning this year.
Getting a team of 16 year olds, even if talented, to challenge much older USHL teams can be a difficult task for a coach who is attempting that for the first time. The international results thus far have been underwhelming and leave me desiring more. So the combo of it all is just disappointing.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yes, two empty nets for Sweden for those that didn't watch so the score isn't overly reflective.

Been a rough season for the NDTP U17s.

This US team is good as usual offensively but absolutely brutal in their own end. Shook my head several times watching this game how they just left players all alone in front of their goalie. Sweden could have punished them way more had they been slightly more offensively talented.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
USA almost lost to Switzerland now. This has been a very bad season.
Its not even a particulary good Swiss team, I might ad. I would be surprised if more than 1 player gets drafted from that class. Is this a below average birth year for the US or are they just underperforming?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its not even a particulary good Swiss team, I might ad. I would be surprised if more than 1 player gets drafted from that class. Is this a below average birth year for the US or are they just underperforming?
Underperforming. New coach this year. Not a good start for him.

Reactions: Speyer

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I tallied up some of the totals for the American players by hand. Points, FO%’s and then TOI.

McKinney: 2+5 (57.5%) 17:38 TOI
Mooney: 4+2 (37.8%) 16:31 TOI
Potter: 2+3 (40%) 16:55 TOI
Bracco: 0+4 19:30 TOI
Fondrk: 2+1 (54.2%) 17:19 TOI
Murtagh: 1+2 (66.6%) 16:44 TOI
Moore: 0+1 in 2 games (58.0%) 16:18 TOI
Trethewey: 0+1 15:21 TOI
O’Neill: 3+0 (43.3%) 12:28 TOI

We usually don’t get the latter two stats, so it’s valuable info.

A few takeaways.

Trethewey barely played and only one point. Bracco played a lot more than him and scored more. I still think Trethewey will be promoted, but a little surprising.

I included O’Neill. He had a bunch of goals, but otherwise seems like he might’ve just had a few pucks randomly go in during a short span as opposed to upping his stock. Struggled on face offs and didn’t play that much.

Potter barely took any FO’s (only 6), and not great on the ones he took. May become a permanent winger. Mooney was terrible on FO’s. Not a center. Murtagh only took 9 FO’s, but won 6 of them. Potter and Mooney still had good tournaments. Murtagh not the best. Potter didn’t hurt his case for a promotion. I don’t think Mooney had any chance. Too small. Murtagh was a longshot, and probably didn’t help with a quiet scoring tournament.

Only two games for Moore. Was very good on face offs. Probably was in contention for a promotion. Appears that he got injured. Maybe that gives Fondrk or Potter a promotion instead.

McKinney solidified his case for a promotion. Led the team in points, great on FO’s, took like 25-30 more face-offs than any other American player, and he also played the most of the forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad