HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sven-Ten Appreciation Thread

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Here it is, my favorite Andrighetto moment.

The best part (not shown here really) is when Pepsi Center staff keep putting him on the jumbotron and the crowd erupts.

I'm honestly gonna miss the guy. He was snagged in a steal of a deal, and while he wasn't a star was a more-than-capable utility winger who put up some good numbers. Ultimately IMO it was injuries that did him in.

Reactions: 63 others

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Good, get these goons out of the league.

I think he'll do pretty well overseas.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
giphy.gif

The Sven-Hartman freakout was pretty funny I guess

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Consider that we acquired the guy for Andreas Martinsen. That he's still here alone shows you how good a deal it was. It also gave us this:

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
He has always looked good on bigger ice. Anybody know the $ difference between KHL and NLA players? Got to imagine he'd rather play in Switzerland

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
It's always been a shame he wasn't able to put it all together and be a legit top 6 player for us. I wish him well in the future, but letting him go is the right move.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He has always looked good on bigger ice. Anybody know the $ difference between KHL and NLA players? Got to imagine he'd rather play in Switzerland

All the KHL money is tax-free so even $1 million there goes a long way compared to anywhere in North America or western Europe.

It'll depend--he may wish to round out his career back home, or he may wish to pursue $$$ at a higher level of play, which would make the KHL enticing. I'd be fairly surprised if he stuck it out in the NHL at this point though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad