Value of: Sven Baertschi/Nikolay Goldobin to WSH

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It is known that the Capitals might be looking to add a forward at the deadline. Was just wondering if either of these guys would be of interest to Washington, and what the Caps might be willing to give up for either of them. Obviously Burakovsky is the big question, but it seems Washington management wants to hold onto him and work with him rather than trade him away just yet.

So with not including Burakovsky, what would the Caps be willing to offer up for either? Looking for picks and prospects mostly.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Canucks might as well take back burakovsky, we got nobody to fill a top 6 LW position otherwise. Doesn't look like Dahlen is ready for the NHL jump this year

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Considering that Baertschi is hardly an improvement on Burakovsky himself and Goldobin’s value is being propped by PP points he wouldn’t get on the Caps, I’m not sure the Caps would want anything to do with either. If the price is more than midling picks, I’m sure the Caps are interested in neither.

Last edited:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Considering that Baertschi is hardly an improvement on Burakovsky himself and Goldobin’s value is being propped by PP points he wouldn’t get on the Caps, I’m not sure the Caps would want anything to do with either. If the price is more than midling picks, I’m sure the Caps are interested in neither.
I think Baertschi would look very good with Eller, playstyle wise, and really solidify a skilled 3rd line for the Caps. I also think he's a bit more seasoned all around than Burakovsky, so it just depends on what you prefer. He's had to play on a pretty bad team for a while now, and I think he could shine on a team like the Caps. Goldobin was just added because a few Caps fans showed some interest in him a week or so ago.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I think Baertschi would look very good with Eller, playstyle wise, and really solidify a skilled 3rd line for the Caps. I also think he's a bit more seasoned all around than Burakovsky, so it just depends on what you prefer. He's had to play on a pretty bad team for a while now, and I think he could shine on a team like the Caps. Goldobin was just added because a few Caps fans showed some interest in him a week or so ago.
Yeah for all his troubles Burakovsky has had a knack for randomly showing up in Playoff games. I wouldn’t agree Baertschi is more seasoned and I doubt the Caps would gamble anything of any value to find out. I don’t think the Caps would look at Baertschi for anything of value (wouldn’t trade Burakovsky for him personally but without Burt going the other way there is ABSOLUTELY no way the Caps can go for Baertschi with the Salary Cap).

Goldobin, the Caps would possibly be interested but I doubt they’d pay what the Canucks would want.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Yeah for all his troubles Burakovsky has had a knack for randomly showing up in Playoff games. I wouldn’t agree Baertschi is more seasoned and I doubt the Caps would gamble anything of any value to find out. I don’t think the Caps would look at Baertschi for anything of value (wouldn’t trade Burakovsky for him personally but without Burt going the other way there is ABSOLUTELY no way the Caps can go for Baertschi with the Salary Cap).

Goldobin, the Caps would possibly be interested but I doubt they’d pay what the Canucks would want.

If the Caps wanted to save some cap - Goldy for Burakovsky makes some sense, they gain about $2M in cap space in that swap. Could even add MDZ (w/ salary retention) for Caps D depth in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad