May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
This guy is going to be special.
D5sTvxBWkAA7vsg.jpg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Lol at Faulk in that picture

That goal by Svech was great. 1 on 1 and he just flat out beat Greiss. If that gives him any kind of confidence that would go a long long way in the next round. Actually the most exciting thing about the last couple days is that it looks like the top line is waking up on the score sheets. It's crazy we are where we are with so little contribution from our best guys, so if they start getting it going, oooooh man things could get interesting

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
boi can score, boi can hit, boi can grind

boi cannot fite tho

but boi has lots of heart

Honestly the couple seconds before he got knocked out didn't look that bad, just never got any chance to hit anything else than Ovie's shoulderbads. He has the size and strength but obviously no fighting skills. With little help and teaching he could hold his ground. Fact is, the big boys are gonna try to bully him in future seasons.

That said, I sure hope he doesn't drop the gloves any time soon. o_O

Reactions: Unsustainable

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
boi can score, boi can hit, boi can grind

boi cannot fite tho
I hate you now.

Never again will I assess a lazy defending player without mentally noting that

Does he clean up?
No, he never cleans up
Does he brush up?
He never brushed up
He does nothing
The boi does nothing

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I forgot he scored 20 this year. Why do the national hockey media ignore him?

A few reasons IMO.
1) We are a smaller market team that doesn't get much publicity.
2) We stunk for the first 3 months of the year, so even fewer people paid attention to the team, and thus him.
3) Elias Pettersson had a fantastic rookie season with highlight reel plays. Not to mention, he absolutely killed it from OCT-DEC, at a time when the Canes stunk. The rookie focus was on him.
4) Brind'Amour sheltered him on the 3rd line, with very little PP time for much of the season as he learned the ropes. Therefore, he wasn't getting prime TOI.
5) Even with 20 goals (all ES mind you), he only had 37 points which is only 5th best among rookies this year.

He had a solid rookie season and got better and better, but there were other rookies, such as Pettersson, Dahlin, and even Tkachuk that got and probably deserved more media praise.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
but boi has lots of heart

Honestly the couple seconds before he got knocked out didn't look that bad, just never got any chance to hit anything else than Ovie's shoulderbads. He has the size and strength but obviously no fighting skills. With little help and teaching he could hold his ground. Fact is, the big boys are gonna try to bully him in future seasons.

That said, I sure hope he doesn't drop the gloves any time soon. o_O

It was mostly a joke. I thought he actually more than held his own, until that one punch landed. Still never want to see him fite again, it's not worth it.

He's so ahead of the curve in so many ways. Aho was ahead of the curve in his age 19 season, but he didn't have any NHL experience going into it. Svech is going to have an entire season and playoff experience under his belt going into his age 19 season next year. Could be pretty great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad