Confirmed with Link: Svechnikov signed $7.75M aav, 8yrs

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
In an ideal world we can bundle Trocheck, Nino, a couple prospects and picks and land Eichel and be able to run Eichel-Aho-Jordo-_____ down the middle for a while

but I do realize this is also fantasyland talk
I’m not 100% sure Jack isn’t a petulant brat but at the same time the opportunity to get a guy that good is hard to ignore, and yes with Eichel/Aho plus Slavin/Pesce it’s hard to see us not competitive for the playoffs right there and an increased threat to win the cup.

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I’m not 100% sure Jack isn’t a petulant brat but at the same time the opportunity to get a guy that good is hard to ignore, and yes with Eichel/Aho plus Slavin/Pesce it’s hard to see us not competitive for the playoff right there and an increased threat to win the cup.
I'm just saying, if TDA wasn't a worry due to his attitude, I'm not sure why Eichel would be

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I don’t disagree but Tony is on a one year show me deal for peanuts and Jack Jack is a 10 mill a year maybe diva we’re married to for years.
no argument. At the same time, I'm not sure I would fault an elite player for being frustrated with being stuck in Buffalo their entire career, literally holding back their career trajectory.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
no argument. At the same time, I'm not sure I would fault an elite player for being frustrated with being stuck in Buffalo their entire career, literally holding back their career trajectory.
That’s a new age concept to some extent. All teams rise and fall, you should be happy to be in the NHL....a captain....the leading scorer....and a fan favorite until your team turns it around. Today players who are still kids can land career long contracts and be rich for life without having earned or won a thing. It’s an honor to play for the Buffalo Sabres, and if he’s someone who reads social media or something ridiculous like HF and feels pissed or embarrassed, and can’t see that there’s another side of this coin that’s likely coming I wouldn’t want him anywhere near this team.

He could be someone later generations look back on fondly if he did the work required and helped Buffalo turn it around. 97 wasn’t happy to go to EDM, but that guy shows up every day, punches the clock and goes to work without complaining about shit. Don’t tell me that team has been run much better.

Jack would definitely make us a better team, and at the same time the Sabres will likely be a much better team the moment that guy is gone.

Reactions: AD Skinner

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
That’s a new age concept to some extent. All teams rise and fall, you should be happy to be in the NHL....a captain....the leading scorer....and a fan favorite until your team turns it around. Today players who are still kids can land career long contracts and be rich for life without having earned or won a thing. It’s an honor to play for the Buffalo Sabres, and if he’s someone who reads social media or something ridiculous like HF and feels pissed or embarrassed, and can’t see that there’s another side of this coin that’s likely coming I wouldn’t want him anywhere near this team.

He could be someone later generations look back on fondly if he did the work required and helped Buffalo turn it around. 97 wasn’t happy to go to EDM, but that guy shows up every day, punches the clock and goes to work without complaining about shit. Don’t tell me that team has been run much better.

Jack would definitely make us a better team, and at the same time the Sabres will likely be a much better team the moment that guy is gone.

I mean, I don't disagree with the idea that the Oilers have been run poorly. I've said the same thing for years. Buffalo's management, however, has been that much worse, to the point that I feel no ill will for Eichel (and remember, everybody else on the Sabres!! Reinhart and Risto asked and got the exact same thing!)

Reactions: WreckingCrew

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I mean, I don't disagree with the idea that the Oilers have been run poorly. I've said the same thing for years. Buffalo's management, however, has been that much worse, to the point that I feel no ill will for Eichel (and remember, everybody else on the Sabres!! Reinhart and Risto asked and got the exact same thing!)
They’re under new management and I don’t think Adams has made a bad move yet. You can’t blame Adams for what he inherited.

If you don’t want to be the man, and go through good times and bad.....don’t sign a max contract with the team you’re going to have to go through good times and bad with. He chose this. Those other two had already done their time and made it clear they wouldn’t stay as ufa. Jack gave all that up with his mega contract.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Meh, I don't fault anyone who wants out of a toxic franchise, and Buffalo is straight up toxic. He's been there for 6 years, and the most help they've given Eichel is, what, signing Jeff Skinner to an absurd contract only to demote him to the 4th line? Yeah, I'd say f*** that as well. Eichel shouldn't have to eat a shit sandwich for the next 5 years because Buffalo management can't get out of its own way, especially if being in such a bad environment can/will impact the money he will be able to make on his next contract.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Meh, I don't fault anyone who wants out of a toxic franchise, and Buffalo is straight up toxic. He's been there for 6 years, and the most help they've given Eichel is, what, signing Jeff Skinner to an absurd contract only to demote him to the 4th line? Yeah, I'd say f*** that as well. Eichel shouldn't have to eat a shit sandwich for the next 5 years because Buffalo management can't get out of its own way, especially if being in such a bad environment can/will impact the money he will be able to make on his next contract.
So Buffalo does exactly what we did with changing management and coaches and they’re “toxic” despite everything Adams inherited being done before him? I assume you didn’t watch much under Granato. They were a much better team. They fired the coach that put Skinner in the fourth line.

They’re not much worse than we were for parts of our decade of suck. I feel any of us throwing stones at them should bubble wrap the glass house they live in. This year was some special level of suck but I think they got past it after the coach got fired. They still have this mess but I think once it gets figured out they’re on their way back up. They have some good pieces to build around.

Toxic has become the new fetch.

Reactions: Kuljeskelen

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
"I'm such a baby yeah, the Sabres make me cry"

For the longest time, I could never figure out if he meant the Dolphins, the NFL team, or the actual animals.

Wasn't until I heard a Post Malone cover and he replaced Dolphins with Cowboys that I assumed he was talking about football. Unless Postie has a really strange childhood fear...

Reactions: Chrispy and DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
For the longest time, I could never figure out if he meant the Dolphins, the NFL team, or the actual animals.

Wasn't until I heard a Post Malone cover and he replaced Dolphins with Cowboys that I assumed he was talking about football. Unless Postie has a really strange childhood fear...

Rucker is a Dolphins football fan, in the music video for that song he and Dan Marino toss the pigskin around.

Reactions: DaveG and Chrispy

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

And if you grew up rooting for the Dolphins, you understood immediately.

(Yes, I grew up in CT and chose to be a Dolphins fan.)

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Too much money and too long a term for another greedy Russian that has not really proven himself in any way. This is a bad contract.

Reactions: geehaad

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
And if you grew up rooting for the Dolphins, you understood immediately.

(Yes, I grew up in CT and chose to be a Dolphins fan.)

Hot taek time: I still maintain that Marino is the GOAT and it's an absolute crime that the Dolphins completely failed to field a competent team around him on a consistent basis.

If they had traded him to Pittsburgh in the mid 90s as had been rumored at various times the Steelers have a minimum 3 more super bowl wins.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Hot taek time: I still maintain that Marino is the GOAT and it's an absolute crime that the Dolphins completely failed to field a competent team around him on a consistent basis.

If they had traded him to Pittsburgh in the mid 90s as had been rumored at various times the Steelers have a minimum 3 more super bowl wins.
Imagine a Quarterback that completes every throw get's 25+ yards an attempt but his receivers fumble it and the other team always recovers.. IS he not the Greatest QB of all time? They NEVER get a Superbowl win of course since they never get a win..

Marino is one of the Best QB's I had ever seen. But yeah other then that first year his teams were garbage.. D and O...

Reactions: Chrispy and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad