Suzuki vs Glass vs Brännström

Who would you choose to start a team?

• Nick Suzuki

• Cody Glass

• Erik Brännström

Results are only viewable after voting.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hard to say as I havent really seen much of the other two,but Branstrom is taking some time and is a work in progress

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
As of today its Suzuki but I could see Glass overtaking next year. We are in crunch time its hard to project who will keep improving and at what rate. Glass has the physical advantage and hes a really smart player too.

Brannstrom its hard to say since hes playing on such a bad team.

3 great picks by Vegas

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Suzuki no doubt. He is a futur #1 two-way center can put a great offensive number like 70-80 points. He got amazing hockey IQ, very smart player with great hands, great shot, he can be a version player like Pavel Datsyuk for MTL.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd still take Cody Glass. Getting there quicker is nice, but it's not really the finish line.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brannstrom is a very distant third in my opinion. This could be Dorions worst trade of all, and that says something.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not exactly a bad trade considering Stone wasn't going to re-sign
Really depends on what Brannstrom becomes. Look what Taylor Hall got and Stone is a better player. Hall didnt even extend and Stone did. So yes id say its looking atrocious so far.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really depends on what Brannstrom becomes. Look what Taylor Hall got and Stone is a better player. Hall didnt even extend and Stone did. So yes id say its looking atrocious so far.

There's not somewhere between not as good as the Taylor Hall trade and atrocious?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There's not somewhere between not as good as the Taylor Hall trade and atrocious?

Well Hall is the not as good player and wasnt extended while getting way more back. So id say its a pretty big difference yes. I think Arizona massively overpaid but thats a different discussion.

Brannstrom really struggled this year, he is very small and isnt an elite skater so I am skeptical but hopeing for a giant turn around.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Arizona massively overpaid but thats a different discussion.

Brannstrom really struggled this year, he is very small and isnt an elite skater so I am skeptical but hopeing for a giant turn around.

I also think Arizona significantly overpaid, so I wouldn't say being a worse trade makes it atrocious. If New Jersey got a great return for Hall, I would consider the return Ottawa got to be sufficient. I think Brannstrom is a good player. He's done excellent in the AHL, and is still pretty young. He was one of the youngest players eligible for the 2017 draft. Also, most 1999 born players were the youngest age category of the AHL, and he's more than shown he's ready for the next level, the NHL. It's probably going to be an adjustment in the NHL for him, considering his size and lack of elite skill. I disagree though about his skating. I think he's an excellent skater. Thats probably the best part of his game.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Brannstrom is a very distant third in my opinion. This could be Dorions worst trade of all, and that says something.
Never liked that deal ,but its what u do when you purposely pigeon hole yourself with your best forward....

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I also think Arizona significantly overpaid, so I wouldn't say being a worse trade makes it atrocious. If New Jersey got a great return for Hall, I would consider the return Ottawa got to be sufficient. I think Brannstrom is a good player. He's done excellent in the AHL, and is still pretty young. He was one of the youngest players eligible for the 2017 draft. Also, most 1999 born players were the youngest age category of the AHL, and he's more than shown he's ready for the next level, the NHL. It's probably going to be an adjustment in the NHL for him, considering his size and lack of elite skill. I disagree though about his skating. I think he's an excellent skater. Thats probably the best part of his game.

The worst thing about players like Makar and Hughes coming into the league and dominating right away at such a young age is the unrealistic expectations it puts on all young players. Brannstrom was only 20 years old during the entire season, less than two years removed from European ice.

Over the course of his AHL career, he put up:

50gp 7g 32pts (19 y/o)
27gp 3g 23pts (20 y/o)

He struggled on a really, really bad Ottawa team where most players struggled.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Brannstrom had by far the hardest route so far. And being a defenceman, he easily has the toughest job of the 3 of them.

I'm not hurt that hes not being chosen first here, but its laughable to call him a distant 3rd or write him off at this point. Way too early and the deck is stacked against him.

Hes been playing on by far the weakest team of the 3 of them, which is far from ideal for a young European dman. But hes had some ups and downs in his 30 games with the Sens this year, and actually looked more solid defensively than offensively in the NHL (which is the opposite of what had been expected).

But hes been able to rip up the AHL and dominate while hes down there, so theres more than enough reason to believe that hes still a very solid top 4 dman in the making.

I wont be surprised at all if hes the best of the bunch in 2 years. Hes got all the tools to be a fantastic player in today's NHL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad