Suzuki or Cole

• Suzuki

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Caufield

Votes: 25 43.9%

• Total voters

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Stützle - Caufield would be so fun to watch, and we need someone to actually take a shot on the power-play with Norris playing some timid this year. (Understandably so).

Both players make too much for us, even though our plan was to extend DeBrincat so I guess we could give that money to CC.

I wonder which player Habs fans would take though.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Suzuki.

Center position. Leadership qualities. And he always passes the eye test with flying colours.

Reactions: biturbo19

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
This should be really close , even for habs fans like myself.

I think if you are starting from scratch you need to take Suzuki here.

Depends if your team needs a number 2 center or a second line winger.
You will get roasted by homers for this take but its not the craziest one , scoring is up and I don't think either will go PPG when there's more PPG players in the league now than in years past.....if they are first liners than they are in the bottom third of them no doubt

Reactions: DickSmehlik

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
As a fan with no job on the line, I think Caufield has the higher offensive ceiling and I would go with him. Elite shot, underrated vision and creative. More exciting to watch.

His potential to score a lot of goals tips the balance for me. He does need complementary piceces to unlock his ceiling though, hes no superstar who can do it all alone.

Suzuki is also really good, and since most NHL gms are risk averse, he'd be the popular pick. For building a team. However, I dont see the potential eliteness that Caufield possess. Like a Tomas Plekanec: a very good, safe player, but do I pass a guy with potential top 10-15 nhl goalscirer for him? Nah

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm taking Caufield, a shot truly dangerous for a goalie and is showing real progress in advanced stats while Suzuki is still getting severely outchanced this season despite having been compared to Bergeron by several Montreal medias for years. Among forwards with at least 100 ES minutes, Suzuki is 320th out of 380 in xGF%. Only Anderson, Newhook and Monahan have worse on Montreal's forward group.

You will get roasted by homers for this take but its not the craziest one , scoring is up and I don't think either will go PPG when there's more PPG players in the league now than in years past.....if they are first liners than they are in the bottom third of them no doubt

Statistically, since 2021-22, among all forwards who have played at least 60 games (so to leave out Landeskog, Pacioretty, Krejci, etc)

Suzuki is 86th in PPG (0.79)
Caufield is 108th in PPG (0.72)

Since Caufield is a bit younger, let's look at since 2022-23, Caufield is 83th in PPG (0.80) and Suzuki is 73th in PPG (0.82)

Yes, bottom 3rd of first liners.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
When Suzuki is on, it's him. Because he is a very very solid two-way player with great shot. But sometimes, Suzuki looks like a guy who don't care.

Caufield is always on, even when he don't produce, he tries sometimes. Elite Hands, Elite Shot and Elite Passing to me.

Close, but i will go with

KIRBY DACH the truly total package !!

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I would take Caufield for the Devils (for obvious reasons), but I think Suzuki is a bit more valuable being defensively solid complete player with leadership qualities. Really like both players a lot though.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Caufield is the better player but Suzuki is really close, and he's also a center (and a solid Captain) so him

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd take Suzuki pretty comfortably. Canucks don't even need a #2C, but the value of being able to throw that out as a 3C would be nuts...but you still have the ability to just run him out on the Wing instead.

I'd take Suzuki on Pettersson's wing any day. Over Caufield even. Though part of that is also just in Caufield being a bit redundant, as somewhere between a Kuzmenko/Boeser type RH shooting goal scorer. Suzuki has a far more well-rounded skillset and versatility that i think pretty easily tips the "value" in his favor here.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Suzuki pretty easy. Hes been better than Cole every single year, I dont think its particularly close. Both are first liners and youre a clown if you dont think so, pick up the remote for once.

• Haha
Reactions: Leafs1993

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Suzuki pretty easily for me. He's who I was hoping the Kings would take in 2017 before Vilardi fell in their lap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad