Celebrity Death: Suzanne Somers, 76 (Three's Company, Step by Step)

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Sad to hear

suzanne.jpg

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
I would say next to Farrah Fawcett, she was the sex symbol of the 70s.
In that first season of Threes Company, she wore very little makeup and was naturally stunningly gorgeous. Then they started caking on makeup on her looking somewhat clownish (but that was a style back then).

I can’t remember if it was SNL or MadTv that had a pretty funny skit about her ThighMaster.

RIP

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I just read an interesting piece of trivia - in the opening of " Three's Company " where Jack is riding his bike and then crashes onto the beach when he passes an attractive brunette walking in the opposite direction. That was actually Suzanne Somers wearing a wig. :amazed:

be819d75154d1439571bbaf720faf90a.jpg

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
I just read an interesting piece of trivia - in the opening of " Three's Company " where Jack is riding his bike and then crashes onto the beach when he passes an attractive brunette walking in the opposite direction. That was actually Suzanne Somers wearing a wig. :amazed:

be819d75154d1439571bbaf720faf90a.jpg
Interesting, never knew that..
I've ridden my bike many times along that path thru Venice & Santa Monica.
I don't think it has changed much since the 7os.. just more homeless people camped along the way.
Are you the poster who has done acting/extra work around Vancouver(?) If so, you ever work on the Flash Gordon series from about 15 years back? I've been thinking about that one lately.. and if I'm remembering the wrong poster, forgive me.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Are you the poster who has done acting/extra work around Vancouver(?) If so, you ever work on the Flash Gordon series from about 15 years back? I've been thinking about that one lately.. and if I'm remembering the wrong poster, forgive me.
Yes - that's me. I've been doing BG and small acting jobs here in Vancouver since 1997. Never worked on the Flash Gordon show so that might have been when I was bartending - because the film industry is such a " feast or famine " industry I would alternate working between the film industry and bartending.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
She is an interesting . After Three Company, the producers tried to label here hard to work with. Neither her nor her Husband regret what they did. She wanted to be paid as much as Ritter which is far and she made her stance. After she left she was more or less blacklisted by Hollywood until and it wasnt until after threes company went of their air she started getting work again. That is why she started to do work out videos. She made more of the videos than she did from her acting

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Three's Company, Diff'rnt Strokes, and Facts of Life are some of my earliest network TV show memories. Rest in Peace.

Great story of persistence how she came back a decade and became known to an entire new audience for Step By Step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad