Sutter Fired.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
sutter.gif

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Sutter can f*** off personally. He was a lightning in a bottle moment. Nothing more.

With that said, I’d actually consider taking Lombardi back if it was viable because Blake has absolutely no vision and idea what’s wrong with the team. Dean Lombardi knew what was wrong with the team, he just took the wrong approach.

Blake is taking all the wrong approaches.

Losing Korpisalo , hiring Todd and keeping him for some god forsaken reason, the LD issues, the nonstop throating of Durzi, Edler who needs to be put down, no Clarke even though f*** the ELC. No Spence. Byfield is likely a bust. Turcotte is a nobody. Kaliyev sits for no reason. Worst PK I’ve ever seen. Worst coaching I’ve ever seen. Playing 1-3-1 when down.

Blake and Todd have ZERO idea on what to do.
Sutter can f*** off but at least with DL you knew why he made the choices he did.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Sutter can f*** off personally. He was a lightning in a bottle moment. Nothing more.

With that said, I’d actually consider taking Lombardi back if it was viable because Blake has absolutely no vision and idea what’s wrong with the team. Dean Lombardi knew what was wrong with the team, he just took the wrong approach.

Blake is taking all the wrong approaches.

Losing Korpisalo , hiring Todd and keeping him for some god forsaken reason, the LD issues, the nonstop throating of Durzi, Edler who needs to be put down, no Clarke even though f*** the ELC. No Spence. Byfield is likely a bust. Turcotte is a nobody. Kaliyev sits for no reason. Worst PK I’ve ever seen. Worst coaching I’ve ever seen. Playing 1-3-1 when down.

Blake and Todd have ZERO idea on what to do.
Sutter can f*** off but at least with DL you knew why he made the choices he did.
What do u mean by losing Korpisalo, I haven't heard anything on him yet.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
The old farmer sure showed todd the runt whats up. Enjoy your retirement old battler. You deserve it

Reactions: 21Dog

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What do u mean by losing Korpisalo, I haven't heard anything on him yet.
Blake sounds like it’s going to be hard to sign them. And I think between Korpisalo and Gavrikov he’s absolutely gonna choose Gavrikov

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Blake sounds like it’s going to be hard to sign them. And I think between Korpisalo and Gavrikov he’s absolutely gonna choose Gavrikov
Unless LA is going after Saros, I’d rather have Korpi over Gav. We need stability in net. I liked Gav’s play, but it would be wasted if we don’t have someone that can stop the puck.

Reactions: Papa Mocha 15

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Unless LA is going after Saros, I’d rather have Korpi over Gav. We need stability in net. I liked Gav’s play, but it would be wasted if we don’t have someone that can stop the puck.
“Stability” is not the term I’d use to describe Korpisalo’s career to this point. He’s had occasional flashes but has regularly been one of the worst goalies in the NHL.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Blake also said yesterday that Cal will be getting another shot.

We're gonna make him an NHL goaltender whether he wants to, whether he likes to, even whether he's able to. Determined to make it happen just like with Walker returning this season.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I wish the same would happen to TMac.
I mean, sure, but there was no way that TMac is going anywhere this off-season. Blake himself doesn't have the rope to play around. At the very least, TMac is going to enter the last season of his contract and will either get fired if the Kings seriously misstep throughout the season or suffer another unconvincing first round exit, or he gets extended if they make a convincing run.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Blake also said yesterday that Cal will be getting another shot.

We're gonna make him an NHL goaltender whether he wants to, whether he likes to, even whether he's able to. Determined to make it happen just like with Walker returning this season.
Well if that is Blake's attitude then this team is doomed. Cal is a bust.

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
He was more successful than the Kings since he was fired in 2016-17.

Sutter should be in the HOF.
The last coach elected I believe was Pat Quinn

Quinn
1400 games coached
684 wins
528 loses
154 ties
15 playoff appearances
0 Stanley Cups
1 Screwing the Kings over

Sutter
1478 games coached
737 wins
529 loses
57 ties/OTL's
15 playoff appearance
2 Stanley Cups
0 Screwing the Kings over

• Haha
Reactions: 123slam

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I'm not freaking out over the presser. Blake is just bullshitting. He would say that about Cal no matter what
I’ve been thinking too. He gains nothing by making some big bold statement about changes he’s going to to make. He’s already the most secretive GM since Stan Bowman so why would he dish any information to Helene and the pod squad?

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Didn’t Blake say that Walker was coming back and a RHD would play the left side last year? I’d take him at his word. Anyone who thinks this guy is bright enough to send crafty, coded messages in his 2-3 public statements a year is giving him way too much credit.

I love that he said Cal was paid to be an NHL goalie. What an understatement. He was paid to be a starter on a playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad