Survivor Series teams

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
A question often mused over. What are some of your favorite Survivor Series teams? And what would your dream teams look like?

Often credited as the best Survivor Series team of all-time are The Teamsters. The team consisted of Jeff Jarrett, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Shawn Michaels and Diesel.
SSeries94TheTeamsters_zps4969943e.jpg

As far as dream team goes, I just collected my favorite babyfaces and favorite heels into one match.
Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Mick Foley, Randy Savage & Dusty Rhodes
Vs
Chris Jericho, Terry Funk, Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect & Rick Rude

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
I've always felt the 4x4s was a clever name in 1989. First year they went with 4 vs. 4

Captain: Hacksaw Jim Duggan with Bret Hart, Hercules and Ronnie Garvin.

The Mercenaries was a good name from 1990 though the team itself was underwhelming

Captain: Sgt. Slaughter with Boris Zhukov and the Orient Express (Sato and Tanaka)

1990 had the grand finale of the previous survivors of the card. Thought that was a neat concept but won't likely ever happen again.

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
My favourite is probably The Rude Brood: Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, Fabulous Rougeaus. Much better than Roddy's Rowdies. Another team that looks pretty loaded in terms of kayfabe is team DX with Michaels, Punk, HHH, and the Hardyz, but the best team on that PPV was composed of Kenny, Johnny, Mitch, Nicky, and Mikey.

It would have been interesting to see an actual WCW vs WWF survivor series match from the rivalry period. Something like:

Sting, Goldberg, DDP, Hogan, Flair

vs.

Austin, Rock, Undertaker, Foley, HHH (I guess)

It's actually not easy to make a representative WCW team.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
It was always fun to see those teams for Survivor Series back in the day. 1995 had wild card teams which featured faces and heels together on a team.

My dream 5 on 5 Survivor Series match:

Faces: Hogan/Austin/Rock/Bret Hart/Undertaker vs. Heels: HHH/Flair/Piper/Angle/Michaels

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It was always fun to see those teams for Survivor Series back in the day. 1995 had wild card teams which featured faces and heels together on a team.

My dream 5 on 5 Survivor Series match:

Faces: Hogan/Austin/Rock/Bret Hart/Undertaker vs. Heels: HHH/Flair/Piper/Angle/Michaels

That's a strong dream survivor series match. I'll go:

Michaels, Flair, Rock, Rude, Vader

vs.

Bret Hart, Savage, Punk, Perfect, Kobashi

That could change at pretty much any time. It's a lot easier to build a heelish team, and it's hard to not put Jericho or Bryan in.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I always loved the 91' Survivor Series team matchup of Team Flair vs. Team Piper:

Flair: Ric Flair, The Mountie, Ted DiBiase, Warlord

Piper: Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, Virgil, British Bulldog

Everyone was actually feuding with each other at the time and it was a fun match with an entertaining ending.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I loved the match with Kid and Jannetty as survivors. It was so opposite of what people thought would happen.

Razor, Savage, Kid, Marty v. Bomb, Martel, Diesel, and IRS

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I really like the tam of The Rock, Jericho, Big Show, Undertaker, and Kane. My dream team is: The Rock, Flair, Foley, HBK, Ernest THE CAT Miller.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I would have liked to see a dream match of a three way like last year with NXT

Team NWO - Hogan, Hall, Nash, Savage, Scott Norton

vs Team WCW - Flair, DDP, Luger, Sting, The Giant

Vs Team WWE - Austin, Rock, Undertaker, Hart, Michaels

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I would have liked to see a dream match of a three way like last year with NXT

Team NWO - Hogan, Hall, Nash, Savage, Scott Norton

vs Team WCW - Flair, DDP, Luger, Sting, The Giant

Vs Team WWE - Austin, Rock, Undertaker, Hart, Michaels

How did you arrive at Norton for NWO? I'm a fan but I would not expect to see him there. I'd also find a spot for Steiner or Goldberg in place of The Giant.

lERH9Pd.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad