TV: Survivor: Island of the Idols - Discussion Thread

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Probably only doing the edge so that everyone who's playing can be on the jury, but still, just make everyone on the jury without the edge if you have to

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So, the damn impeachment cut into survivor as it's ending on time. Wonder what we missed.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think the one thing that concerns me about an all winners season outside of whatever twists they have is that I feel like there is a group that may have become a bit "clique-y". When I think about players like Boston Rob, Sandra, and Parvati, I more or less think of them as Survivor celebrities, where it just seems like they're so entwined in the fabric of the game and are always around it. Throw in Amber as Rob's wife and you wonder how much people just develop strategies going into the game that involve those other people.

Players like Yul and Kim, even though they had the most impressive seasons IMO, you never really see them around the game like those others are. I wonder if that will have a negative effect on them.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Never liked the returning player seasons tbh. We'll see how this next one goes I guess.

Anyway that was one of the weaker seasons I've seen. LOL at Jeff saying Missy and Elizabeth didn't deserve the hate they got online. They absolutely did Jeff.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Pretty bad season overall. I think Dean had the upper hand going into the final tribal but wasn't able to communicate effectively which hurt his case. Tommy was sharper at that last tribal with better communication skills. Dean is just a straight up bro haha..

I'm looking forward to season 40.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Comfortably the worst season I've seen. Tommy one of the worst winners ever? Just felt so bland.
He basically won it the same way that Sandra won, he won no challenges, but played a great social game. It's boring and not really deserving, but it worked, twice for Sandra. Dean was the obvious deserving winner.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Tommy was a very deserving winner. He played a great game. The comparison to Sandra is good, she played similar. People came to Tommy with everything, you aren't a bad player if that's the case. He may be boring, but that doesn't make him less deserving than Dean. Dean only played the last 8 or 9 days, he was completely irrelevant through the first 30. His last few days were incredible, but Tommy was consistent. Tommy's point about not needing the advantages and knowing where they were was more important is exactly why he should have won. That's great awareness. Outwit, Outlast and Outplay, there's nothing in there that says Out-Scavenge for advantages or Out-win immunities. I'm happy with the Tommy win.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I don't know if it was the winners edit but I feel like Dean had a better chance against Janet and Noura so pretty much Janet. They feared Lauren so much but Tommy played the same game. I can see why Dean thought the last 3 episodes was enough but he had so much more ammo to make bigger moves. His only real chance at winning was getting Tommy out first. Then winning immunity and picking himself and Lauren to go to fire. Keeping Janet from fire and getting Lauren out. Then wearing his spare immunity to the final questions. Why he didn't do that at the very least is beyond me.

Tommy was smart. Helping Dean with fire and knowing he needed Lauren out. Got her out but still had her loyalty. Very smart and deserving winner.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Also Tommy was quite good with the way he played Noura. He got her to take him to the final 3 when he was the biggest threat of the bunch and pretty much got her to attack Dean most of the final tribal council for him lol.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That was the worst season in the show’s history. It was definitely one of the worst from entertainment, gameplay, quality of the contestants, but with the Dan incident, that puts it far over the top as the clear worst season in the show’s history.

I don’t think Tommy played a great game, but he wasn’t that bad of a winner. He had good relationships. Good social game and understood strategy within the game. He didn’t run the game, but he’s an all star caliber of survivor player, albeit probably like a 3rd or 4th best player on most seasons. I didn’t think Dean was a good survivor player. He did well with advantages, but that was his whole game.

Season 40 looks very interesting. I wanted to see Kim play again because she completely ran over a terrible cast in her win. Tony is my favorite player, so that’ll be fun to watch, but I have a feeling he’ll run himself out of it in the first few episodes. The cast looks good. There are only one or two winners not there that I wanted to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad