TV: Survivor 46

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I've been thinking for awhile that Maria is getting the winners edit. She's managing to hide effectively. I guess not that hard with blow hards like Q, Venus, physical force like Hunter, and social butterflies like Tevin(or rather was in game), Ben, Charlie in the game but still. Also they keep portraying Maria-Charlie as the central swing axis where the game is being decided. So yeah I think Maria is the odds on favourite right now to win.
I can see that and I wouldn't be surprised at all. It'll be tough for her if her and Charlie both make it to the final. It seems like it's difficult for older women "Mom" archetypes to get as much credit for their game compared to younger men.

I really do think these two are going to get lost in the chaos and stealthily guide a lot of important votes down the stretch.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Q is a f***ing gem. That was pound for pound the most entertaining episode of New Era ever and probably a top 5 episode of all time. Absolute trainwreck from start to finish and I am here for it. I know some of you are gonna disagree but damn it watch that again and tell me this wasn't straight out of the Cagayan playbook

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This was probably the first episode I really enjoyed with this season, and do you know what was different about it from the rest? It was the first vote with more than 6 people! Its almost as if there are bigger tribes/votes, you have more chance for chaos and randomness.

Q is just wild. So now from Yanu you have Jelinsky, Jess, Bhanu and now Q going off the rails. Just when you thought there couldnt be a worse tribe of players from last season, this tribe might have them beat.

Find it difficult seeing anyone other than Kenzie/Charlie/Tiff/Maria winning. Hunter just purposely makes himself a big threat for no reason. Showing off in the pole challenge. That does no good for your game. Pretend that you were super tired and barely holding on.
Sadly you only get 6 or more people at Tribal Council about 4 times a season. I think that is the entire get up of New Era. Literally every Tribal Council is as small as conceivably possible on purpose. "Mergeatory" with half the people immune doesn't count as a 6 or more. It's basically a 6 dynamic with other people watching.

Personally I'm tired of it. If I ever see 5 people at Tribal Council it needs to be the final 5, not episode 2

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Sadly you only get 6 or more people at Tribal Council about 4 times a season. I think that is the entire get up of New Era. Literally every Tribal Council is as small as conceivably possible on purpose. "Mergeatory" with half the people immune doesn't count as a 6 or more. It's basically a 6 dynamic with other people watching.

Personally I'm tired of it. If I ever see 5 people at Tribal Council it needs to be the final 5, not episode 2
Yup, this episode was the closest to old survivor that you can get. No advantages, no lost votes, big tribal, only one person immune, no shot in the dark, no boating people off to play a game, fun camp life that also ties to the game, good confessionals. It was peaks survivor. First time in new era i think too that everyone actually participated in that challenge and didnt sit out either.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yup, this episode was the closest to old survivor that you can get. No advantages, no lost votes, big tribal, only one person immune, no shot in the dark, no boating people off to play a game, fun camp life that also ties to the game, good confessionals. It was peaks survivor. First time in new era i think too that everyone actually participated in that challenge and didnt sit out either.
Give me control of Survivor for a season and literally last episode is what would happen. Tree mail says "No idol will save you but the one around your neck" and "hold on for dear life" with the same challenge. And it is literally season 1-10 style and Jeff will not accept any advantages whatsoever. 1 person is immune. Period. You could literally vote out someone with the Tyler Perry God Idol if you wanted so long as they didn't win the immunity challenge. I'd probably do it at the Final 8 that way Idolmania doesn't run wild at like final 5. If that happened the game would go into full scale chaos in a way we have never seen. No one would know what to do and everyone would scramble

If it was up to me you'd have a final 2 via fire challenge between the 2 other participants who didn't win the final 3 immunity challenge. No one takes anyone and no more 3rd person who just doesn't get a damn vote

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
for me, to this day the greatest immunity challenge in Survivor history was from season 2 in Australia when they had logs stuck vertically in the water and the contestants just had to stand on them as long as they could. Nothing tricky about it, no real skill involved at all. Just pure will. If I recall it lasted 12 hours. I've been clamoring for that IC to be repeated ever since.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I agree with you guys. That was definitely entertaining, in a train wreck kinda way.

I'm finding Tevin far more annoying than Venus. Venus doesn't bother me at all. I'd like to see Tevin nuked from orbit.

I'm getting a strong winner vibe from Maria. There's something about her that tells me she's a winner. And she's not a braggart or a poser. She's the real deal.

Q is a f***ing idiot. His speech may be the stupidest thing ever in Survivor history, and we all saw Bhanu a few short weeks ago. I've changed my mind. Take Q out, not Tevin. Tevin is still annoying, but he's not as stupid as Q. Q is the reason there are warning labels on chainsaws telling people not to grab them by the spinny end.

They didn't vote Q off. The stupidest tribe in Survivor history.

And now your season 46 episode 8 moment of what the f***ery. Having grown tired of rice, Tevin attempts to eat himself.

ezgif-2-6e91357cdf.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Peasy

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
for me, to this day the greatest immunity challenge in Survivor history was from season 2 in Australia when they had logs stuck vertically in the water and the contestants just had to stand on them as long as they could. Nothing tricky about it, no real skill involved at all. Just pure will. If I recall it lasted 12 hours. I've been clamoring for that IC to be repeated ever since.
I'd say final 3 immunity in Palau. That went on so long that it messed with the production timeline, probably why ever since then they've done things to expedite challenges. They tried to make them stand on one foot near the end. Tom Westman refused since he always asked for like every possible rules and they didn't outline this as a possibility. Threatened to sue. So, it continued on as normal.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Palau was epic too. Tom and Ian went all damn night

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I agree with you guys. That was definitely entertaining, in a train wreck kinda way.

I'm finding Tevin far more annoying than Venus. Venus doesn't bother me at all. I'd like to see Tevin nuked from orbit.

I'm getting a strong winner vibe from Maria. There's something about her that tells me she's a winner. And she's not a braggart or a poser. She's the real deal.

Q is a f***ing idiot. His speech may be the stupidest thing ever in Survivor history, and we all saw Bhanu a few short weeks ago. I've changed my mind. Take Q out, not Tevin. Tevin is still annoying, but he's not as stupid as Q. Q is the reason there are warning labels on chainsaws telling people not to grab them by the spinny end.

And now your season 46 episode 8 moment of what the f***ery. Having grown tired of rice, Tevin attempts to eat his own arm.

View attachment 855510
I get more winner vibes from Charlie in the Charlie/Maria duo, unless they are trying to disguise it. He seems to be the one who gets highlighted way more in the edit. Now, that could just be because they like him as this seasons narrator. I feel he also has stronger links to Ben, who then has a stronger link to Kenzie, now that the Six has imploded (they lasted one vote at best if you want to give them credit).

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

And now your season 46 episode 8 moment of what the f***ery. Having grown tired of rice, Tevin attempts to eat himself.

View attachment 855510
If Q wins this season it'll be be right up there with the best of all time. How he can possibly go on is beyond me at this point. And if he does? Oh my God. But also I overwhelmingly agree about Maria. She's running the table the way Tina did in the Outback

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
If Q wins this season it'll be be right up there with the best of all time. How he can possibly go on is beyond me at this point. And if he does? Oh my God. But also I overwhelmingly agree about Maria. She's running the table the way Tina did in the Outback
I can't see him getting any votes if he makes it to the end. He committed Survivor suicide.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
To be honest, if we are just talking about greatest challenges, and not greatest immunity challenges. The best challenge in the history of the show is when Joel almost killed Chet in Micronesia.

I can't see him getting any votes if he makes it to the end. He committed Survivor suicide.
Same, if I'm a player right now, I'm running every possible scenario that gets me in the final 3 sitting next to Venus and Q. Overcoming asking to be voted out, unless you can strongly show it was some masterplan is almost impossible to come back from.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He can do it if Hunter is not in the finals. The thing is, I can legitimately see Tevin turning around and going full Spencer saying "Y'all just let this man waltz to the end. You LET. THIS MAN!!! Play you. Ask to be voted out. Pick and choose. Oh my Lord Jesus I can't even. People, he played the best social game here because he is still here after all that"

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
He can do it if Hunter is not in the finals. The thing is, I can legitimately see Tevin turning around and going full Spencer saying "Y'all just let this man waltz to the end. You LET. THIS MAN!!! Play you. Ask to be voted out. Pick and choose. Oh my Lord Jesus I can't even. People, he played the best social game here because he is still here after all that"
You guys think way more strategically than I do. :laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think that usually annoys the rest of the jury. I know it did in Cagayan, and in Samoa.

I'm not sure what type of player Hunter is. His social and strategic game haven't been highlighted. I could easily see him end up like Xander in 41 unless he has a strong idol play and regains his footing. He is the type of player Jeff absolutely loves (and therefore production loves) which is an all-american challenge beast. He seems and is self admitted to be a social introvert. It's why someone like Yul beats Ozzy in Cook Islands despite Ozzy having probably the best immunity run of all time. The biggest threats are generally whoever are the most liked. I'd be more worried about people who seem to have connections everywhere like Charlie or what Kenzie/Tiff seem to be building (they are in a great position to pull in Ben, possibly Venus as a number, plus some of the remnants of the 6). Survivor has always had trouble explaining under the radar social games which seems to be the game Kenzie is trying to play and they are almost always under-edited like Natalie W, Michele, and Gabler, unless you have a big persona in confessionals like Sandra.

For anyone who watches Big Brother. The Six is Survivor's FOUTTE (the worst alliance in Big Brother history).

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I struggle to see a scenario where Q even makes it to the finale at this point. He's a great character for sure, but he completely blew up his game and managed to piss off every single person at that tribal (which is impressive in its own way). Nobody's going to trust him long-term because they know he's a loose cannon that can easily blow things up if he doesn't have control.

I think Kenzie or Charlie is the winner at this point - leaning Kenzie. That scene in the previous episode where she helped Ben through his panic attack stood out like a sore thumb. They focused a hell of a lot more on her than they did Ben, despite the fact that he was the one that was actually having a panic attack.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I struggle to see a scenario where Q even makes it to the finale at this point. He's a great character for sure, but he completely blew up his game and managed to piss off every single person at that tribal (which is impressive in its own way). Nobody's going to trust him long-term because they know he's a loose cannon that can easily blow things up if he doesn't have control.

I think Kenzie or Charlie is the winner at this point - leaning Kenzie. That scene in the previous episode where she helped Ben through his panic attack stood out like a sore thumb. They focused a hell of a lot more on her than they did Ben, despite the fact that he was the one that was actually having a panic attack.
I didn't take it any differently than highlighting when Debbie helped Aubrey through her heat induced spaz attack where she got in such a state she couldn't hold her faculties together or when Brenda retreived Dawn's dentures. Survivor highlights moments of genuine kindness.

But were Kenzie were to win I'd be over the moon

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I didn't take it any differently than highlighting when Debbie helped Aubrey through her heat induced spaz attack where she got in such a state she couldn't hold her faculties together or when Brenda retreived Dawn's dentures. Survivor highlights moments of genuine kindness.

I think Kenzie is a bully.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013

That's true. They do like to show "human moments" Although I'd argue that the Debbie-Aubry scene was more about Aubry than it was Debbie (whereas the Kenzie-Ben scene was more about Kenzie). It's been a while since I watched Caramoan, so the Brenda-Dawn scene might have been similar, but Kenzie is getting way more overall screentime than Brenda did during that season.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
This season has really kicked it into high gear lately. It's messy as hell, funny and actually unpredictable.

Hunter...man he really f***ed up. They just voted out his number one ally, he's a huge challenge threat and he told multiple people about his idol. How did he not expect to be the number one target? Q isn't really a threat anymore. He has no allies and no power. Of course Hunter's the bigger threat.

Sticking with Kenzie as my winner pick. Charlie's my backup and Tiffany's a distant third.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hunter...man he really f***ed up. They just voted out his number one ally, he's a huge challenge threat and he told multiple people about his idol. How did he not expect to be the number one target? Q isn't really a threat anymore. He has no allies and no power. Of course Hunter's the bigger threat.

Sticking with Kenzie as my winner pick. Charlie's my backup and Tiffany's a distant third.
Amazing Tribal. Feeling a Charlie or Kenzie win.

Reactions: SensBrawler

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
This season has really kicked it into high gear lately. It's messy as hell, funny and actually unpredictable.

Hunter fumbled epically.

He just panicked hard. I don't understand why he thought he should start running around telling everyone about his idol. He might not even have been voted out if he hadn't told people. It looked like Q was the solid vote... knowing Hunter had the idol may have put the vote over the edge.

Q did exactly as expected. He tried to pretend like his nonsense last episode was calculated and played the martyr. And then of course he tried to take the moral high ground in the tribal. Doesn't get voted out when he tried to quit and then goes on about saying "now you gave me new life in the game" but then turns right back around to say "Oh I don't care about anything, I don't care who gets voted out, If it's me I'll just smile and say thanks for the opportunity." Even in the vote, he could have taken out Hunter but threw a random vote on Ben. I'm wondering if he did this in the hopes he'd be voted out without having to quit.

Zero respect for the game, throwing away everyone else's game for no benefit, sucks at every challenge, incredibly unlikeable personality. I get why they cast him, he's fun to hate. But it sucks seeing someone like this command so much time, energy, and attention in the game.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
this cast is dumb as hell and are a frustrating but entertaining ass train wreck to watch
It's definitely got some Gabon vibes, imo. Not quite as contemptuous with folks like Randy, Chrystal, and Sugar running around, but the chaos and absurdity is on full display.

It really is fun, despite the annoyance of none of them knowing how to play Survivor. A bunch of goofballs who mostly don't seem to have any idea what they're doing. Aside from Charlie + Maria none of them really seem to be having any alliance or working tightly with anyone.

Also, if I have to hear about Liz "making a move" or "playing her game" one more time I might vomit. She has no game, she's done nothing... At this point Q and Liz may be the perfect goats to bring to the finals. Could be a unanimous winner if those 2 are there.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad