TV: Survivor 46

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
lmao, I just found it funny because I've said before I am immediately suspicious of someone if they say they don't like the Beatles

Me too. And I'm equally suspicious of anyone with a neck tattoo. Never trust anyone with a neck tattoo. And if they have a neck tattoo and hate the Beatles, they're in rarefied air. Push them off a building top and preempt the evil we all know they will eventually do.

• Haha
Reactions: zombie kopitar

BIeucheeseWithWings

Jul 9, 2022
To be honest, at the time Jeff is probably just way too obsessed with Hunter. Hunter is pretty much the type of strong challenge/alpha male that Jeff obsesses over ever since he saw Colby Donaldson.
The way you wrote this, it leads me to infer you don't like alpha males?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The way you wrote this, it leads me to infer you don't like alpha males?
I have no issues with them, but I do find the tribe leader who dominates their tribe while playing a tribe strong game one of the most boring play-styles in the show, the exception to this is Palau, but games like Rob's in RI are insanely boring, whereas it's Jeff's absolute favorite style of winner.

Same with the comp beast archetype, I find Ozzy and Joe pretty boring, especially for how often they have been brought back. Whereas I do like players such as CT from The Challenge or Traitors.

Last edited:

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I have no issues with them, but I do find the tribe leader who dominates their tribe while playing a tribe strong game one of the most boring play-styles in the show, the exception to this is Palau, but games like Rob's in RI are insanely boring, whereas it's Jeff's absolute favorite style of winner.

Same with the comp beast archetype, I find Ozzy and Joe pretty boring, especially for how often they have been brought back. Whereas I do like players such as CT from The Challenge or Traitors.
I prefer the Russel or Boston Rob as opposed to Sandra or similar. This season I still have no player that I'm rooting for, it hasn't been a very good season and I find no need for the 90 min episodes now that the writer strike is over and it forces Big Brother Canada to start at 930pm on Wedensdays, which is too late when you have to get up at 5am the next day. I hope that they go back to the 60 minute episodes.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Honestly, that might have been the worst episode of survivor in the history of the show.

How pitiful and idiotic. Idk if I’m being paranoid or whatever but Bhanu seems like a fake plant. It’s hard to imagine he’s even a real authentic person. I’m glad we don’t have to see him anymore, I was sick of him after episode 1.

I see your bet and raise you any episode where Zeke got on his soapbox.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I prefer the Russel or Boston Rob as opposed to Sandra or similar. This season I still have no player that I'm rooting for, it hasn't been a very good season and I find no need for the 90 min episodes now that the writer strike is over and it forces Big Brother Canada to start at 930pm on Wedensdays, which is too late when you have to get up at 5am the next day. I hope that they go back to the 60 minute episodes.
I'm fine with 90 minutes, but they probably need 2 challenges, especially when boots are predictable.

I prefer Sandra, she's hilarious, her and Courtney are probably my favorite female characters in the history of the show. But, production hates under the radar style wins. As for Russell, he's basically what Jeff outlined at the beginning of 46, no matter what combo you sit with at the end, you cannot win this game. It just took Russell like 10 years post-show to realize this (I know at one point Survivor tried to portray Tony as the Russell who won, but there games are very different, and most people who played with Tony love him as a person, Russell is pretty much spoken about with contempt by anyone who played with him).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bhanu has to be one of the worst players of this game ever. I’m glad he’s actually gone instead of dragged to the end. It gets tiring after a certain point.

People saying they don’t like this season and the casting. I hate to bring up the elephant in the room, but you realize they have quotas they must explicitly fill from executives at CBS? Hard to come up with the best cast possible with your hands tied behind your back.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
^the same point has been brought up in the last five threads and the answer is the same, if you don't like a show that follows the racial demographics of the United States, I'm sure there is alternative programming you can find.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
^the same point has been brought up in the last five threads and the answer is the same, if you don't like a show that follows the racial demographics of the United States, I'm sure there is alternative programming you can find.
does it though? African Americans make up 14% of the USA, but 25% of the cast of Survivor. White people make up 75% of the USA yet only 39% of the cast.

CBS definitely trying to meet a quota, but let's not pretend the goal is to have the cast reflect the actual racial demographics of the USA.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I don't care about race. I care about people are not annoying AF and know the game. You can find non annoying and ppl who know the game in different races. It's the fact that I haven't been able to pick a winner yet and it's 4 episodes in. It's been all about one tribe that's circling the drain.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I don't care about race. I care about people are not annoying AF and know the game. You can find non annoying and ppl who know the game in different races. It's the fact that I haven't been able to pick a winner yet and it's 4 episodes in. It's been all about one tribe that's circling the drain.

you would think so right? yet ever since CBS started its DEI casting policy for Survivor and Big Brother a couple years ago they have failed miserably at that mission.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Much better episode tonight compared to last week and a solid blindside.
ya I was very happy she got voted out. She was a moron who thought she was a next level game bot. What was the whole point of her beware advantage ruse? To piss off literally every other person in her tribe including her alliance? Or maybe it was to tire out her entire tribe right before a challenge. Great move.

Dropping buffs next week, things should start to get interesting. Hopefully they don't just go on a run of voting off all the strong males. That's boring + the strong males are among the only interesting players in this cast. Hunter, Q and Tiki Man....like watching all of them.

Last edited:

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Jem sure blew it going home with an idol in her pocket. I really don't know who I like yet, maybe it's still too early. I still don't like the 90 minutes episodes, but I'm getting used to it. I just don't like how it interupts eviction night on Big Brother making it start at 930pm making it a late night when you have to work early the next day. If they want 90 minute episodes start it at 730 pm.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Jem sure blew it going home with an idol in her pocket. I really don't know who I like yet, maybe it's still too early. I still don't like the 90 minutes episodes, but I'm getting used to it. I just don't like how it interupts eviction night on Big Brother making it start at 930pm making it a late night when you have to work early the next day. If they want 90 minute episodes start it at 730 pm.
Absolutely... They alluded to it a bit, but I think that no one was really buying it when she said she didn't know what was up with the beware advantage. When she said that she was not a good liar, but then went on about "oh I'm doing so good" I think it was an editing ruse. It doesn't seem like anyone really bought that she had no idea about it, and voted her out because of it.

She was playing way too hard way too early.

Reactions: hoglund

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
BB Can is terrible this year, and shaping up for a steamroll. I'd rather 90 minutes of Survivor. BBCan is a secondary thought. If anything, maybe just start airing BBCan at 7 like they do on Tuesdays or move it to Thursdays. CBS's sure as hell isn't altering their schedule for Canadian Big Brother.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Let me start off by saying CBS and Jeff Probst are the most selfish, indulgent POS's possible for even considering making us sit through a potential 3 person tribal thinking that was good television after 4 hours of listening to Banu have emotional breakdowns. f*** you. Your 3 tribe format is garbage. The season has literally been saved by someone else other than Yanu losing and a possible merge.

Let me guess. They're splitting the merge again and maybe 6 people will eat or we'll just have 2 tribals of 6 with another person sitting out. Cuz ya know... tribal has to be 6 people or less

/rant

It's baffling to me that this season is still salvageable and there is an insane amount of potential despite how unwatchable it has been

Edit: oh yeah and piss off running background music for literally all but like 20 seconds of show

Reactions: Zeppo

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I see your bet and raise you any episode where Zeke got on his soapbox.
I disagree. Zeke did everything possible to not be noticed and not have the transition talked about. He just became this meta character because he ended up rallying like 6 people to be willing to go to a rock draw. Gen X vs Millennials Zeke was gold. But and Jeff Varner spilled the beans, Survivor went into a PR tailspin or risk getting cancelled. We will never see Zeke again.

If Banhu ever comes back the backlash will be the likes we haven't seen since CBS.whored to get the entire Hantz family it's 15 minutes of fame and no one wanted that shit

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I disagree. Zeke did everything possible to not be noticed and not have the transition talked about. He just became this meta character because he ended up rallying like 6 people to be willing to go to a rock draw. Gen X vs Millennials Zeke was gold. But and Jeff Varner spilled the beans, Survivor went into a PR tailspin or risk getting cancelled. We will never see Zeke again.

If Banhu ever comes back the backlash will be the likes we haven't seen since CBS.whored to get the entire Hantz family it's 15 minutes of fame and no one wanted that shit
Isn’t Zeke also the person who raised his hand and said “me” when Probst asked if anyone was offended by “come on in guys”? Or am I thinking about someone else?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Isn’t Zeke also the person who raised his hand and said “me” when Probst asked if anyone was offended by “come on in guys”? Or am I thinking about someone else?
No they all said no and the challenge happened. A few days later a player named Ricard said at the next challenge that dropping "guys" was the right thing to do and took Jeff up on it. Jeff nearly burst into ecstasy and joy. I think he could have just done it on his own and it would have been fine

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Also, here's something that I have not seen many people address.

Why in the world did they harp so hard on the fact that Yanu tribe "didn't have fire" because they couldn't win their flint? Not having flint does not mean you don't have fire. It means they're either too inept or too lazy to make fire with other means. Why was this never acknowledged???

I just started watching Season 38 (Island of the Idols) and Janet, not wanting to seem like a useless old player, made fire using bamboo immediately upon landing on the beach. They hadn't even started their shelter yet and they had a fire going.

Sure it's a lot harder without the flint, but you can 100% make fire. I recall someone else on an earlier season making fire by using their eye glasses as magnifying glass to concentrate sunlight onto some kindling.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
No they all said no and the challenge happened. A few days later a player named Ricard said at the next challenge that dropping "guys" was the right thing to do and took Jeff up on it. Jeff nearly burst into ecstasy and joy. I think he could have just done it on his own and it would have been fine
thanks for the correction. Doesn't lower my hatred for Zeke any less though lol. He's still a massive douche who sucked the life out of the show with his whiny self indulgent rants at TC.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Also, here's something that I have not seen many people address.

Why in the world did they harp so hard on the fact that Yanu tribe "didn't have fire" because they couldn't win their flint? Not having flint does not mean you don't have fire. It means they're either too inept or too lazy to make fire with other means. Why was this never acknowledged???

I just started watching Season 38 (Island of the Idols) and Janet, not wanting to seem like a useless old player, made fire using bamboo immediately upon landing on the beach. They hadn't even started their shelter yet and they had a fire going.

Sure it's a lot harder without the flint, but you can 100% make fire. I recall someone else on an earlier season making fire by using their eye glasses as magnifying glass to concentrate sunlight onto some kindling.
Cause they cast 90% pathetic people that have never been camping/think the only way to prepare for this game is to watch every season possible.

I swear the majority of "super fans" really underestimate what its like to live out there. Every year people used to come prepared with ways to try and start a fire without a flint, but since season 40 that seems to have gone extinct.

Fire in general has definitely lost its importance though as they no longer need to boil water before drinking it, and they dont get given rice anymore. But I'm sure it really sucks in the mornings/at night not having one going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad