TV: Survivor 46

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I wouldn't have taken Liz for a burger either. The wolf picks off the stragglers. It survives on the weak. Return Liz to the food chain. In fact, after the reward, I'd have returned to camp belching and farting and rubbing my belly like Grandpa after Christmas dinner.

"Liz, wanna smell one of my burps?"

There are no Applebee's in Western Canada. I know because I just checked. Damn, that bourbon burger looks good.

Venus is so skinny. She looks like a nose on a stick.

Tiff is a warrior. I'll never forget her standing over Bhanu as he's down on his knees begging. Tiff says, "Get up off your knees, bitch!" I may have added a little something there, but that's the way I choose to remember it. I'm all in on Tiff. She's intelligent, strong and attractive. Yeah, I'm definitely all in on Tiff.

You BASTARDS!!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I wouldn't have taken Liz for a burger either. The wolf picks off the stragglers. It survives on the weak. Return Liz to the food chain. In fact, after the reward, I'd have returned to camp belching and farting and rubbing my belly like Grandpa after Christmas dinner.

"Liz, wanna smell one of my burps?"

There are no Applebee's in Western Canada. I know because I just checked. Damn, that bourbon burger looks good.

Venus is so skinny. She looks like a nose on a stick.

Tiff is a warrior. I'll never forget her standing over Bhanu as he's down on his knees begging. Tiff says, "Get up off your knees, bitch!" I may have added a little something there, but that's the way I choose to remember it. I'm all in on Tiff. She's intelligent, strong and attractive. Yeah, I'm definitely all in on Tiff.

You BASTARDS!!
Q apparently refused to allow anyone to give up their visit to let Liz go on it.

BIG! MISTAKE FOR HIS SOCIAL GAME!

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Yeah I honestly can't believe q didn't let Kenzie or Maria switch with Liz. That's such an insane thing to do lol.
Tiff said it happened in her exit interview and I believe it. Aside from bitterness, I'm not sure why Tiff would lie about it.

Tiff said:
I mean you would have a reason to be confused, given that Liz voted to keep Q a day after she tore into him after not getting picked for the reward. What was your reaction to that meltdown? Did you, Kenzie, or Maria think about volunteering your spot to give it to her?
That did happen! They just didn't show it. Both Maria and Kenzie tried to give up their spot for Liz. And Q said, "No. I chose who I chose."

Wait. Q said no?!
Yes. He said, "Nobody's giving up their spot. We're going to Applebee's. I don't want Liz to come. [Laughs.] I was intentional about my choices. And nobody's giving up their spot." I'm surprised they didn't show that. That happened. I didn't try to give up my spot because I was hungry, and I was going no matter what. Also, I did feel in that moment that me and Q needed to chat because we hadn't spoken in two days. But people tried to give up their spots. He just wasn't with it.

I honestly think he's just not a great person and doesn't care about other people. Very egotistical. Everything he says contradicts himself and tries to make himself look like the smartest/coolest guy in the room.

I doubt he would have gotten many finals votes before this, but I really think this could prove to be a massive dagger for him socially. It's really kind of despicable on a human level outside of the game.

Last edited:

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Im not sure I agree with the above, especially using the refusing the others to give up their spot example. I mean, the moment he chose not to bring her, the bridges were burned. Why would he want Liz to somehow end up next to him at the reward after all this drama?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Im not sure I agree with the above, especially using the refusing the others to give up their spot example. I mean, the moment he chose not to bring her, the bridges were burned. Why would he want Liz to somehow end up next to him at the reward after all this drama?
Because she's starving and can't eat like anything on the island.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't feel bad for Liz in the traditional sense. I absolutely f***ing hate coconut. There's a reason I have not come to you all saying I applied. You're on one of the hardest shows on TV. Not eating and not being chosen was always in play. I have sympathy but damn. What did you think was gonna happen? I mean my heart breaks to see someone miss that kind of connection with family but you knew New Era doesn't feed anyone

This season has otherwise reached full fledged madness and I am completely prepared to beg the way Liz did. Or Shane Powers for anything. I am currently drinking in the chaos like my cat laps up her milk

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I hope Q somehow wins this whole thing, would be ridiculous lol

The edit from the burgers they didn't eat to Liz's face was absolutely hilarious. Editing was so good in this episode.

I agree way too much with this comment, ain't no way anybody actually likes Applebee's this much lol...

"LIZ ISNT A REAL CONTESTANT. Here me out.

Liz got very little screentime pre-merge, then all of a sudden she becomes this big character who has a full on metdown because she doesnt get to eat Applebees (a proud sponsor of Survivor). Liz can't eat any food on the island because she has a bunch of allergies, or at least that's what she says.

Liz is a marketing strategist. So obviously she he has been HIRED BY APPLEBEES to promote the restaurant on this show.

Her genius plan was to act as a contestant who isnt able to eat any food except for Applebee's. Then when she doesn't get that delicious Applebee's burger she desperately needs, she blows up. - this plot is straight out of commercial.

This is Applebeesgate."

Last edited:

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
yea put me in the camp that proudly says "F LIZ!" Supid biatch shouldn't go on Survivor if she can't handle the basic prerequisites. Absolutely no sympathy for her. I'm on the other side, I openly laugh at and cheer on her continued suffering.

Reactions: Tuggy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn’t think Liz was on a path to being a potential winner, but that episode did her in. As bad as Q looks, I think she comes off worse from it.

I think we’re down to Charlie, Maria, and Kenzie as potential winners. Thinking it’s Charlie, Kenzie, Maria in that order.

Almost no way we get three of Liz, Ben, Venus, and Q in the final three. But If someone we do, Liz or Ben will probably win by default as the worst winner ever.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Liz throwing that fit was truly crazy.. came off as very entitled and I'm glad Q stuck to his selections -- he's not winning the game regardless. Pissed off too many people prior to that episode.

At this point I would lean towards Charlie or Maria.. Kenzie talks a big game, but I don't find her to be a particularly great player by any means.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Liz throwing that fit was truly crazy.. came off as very entitled and I'm glad Q stuck to his selections -- he's not winning the game regardless. Pissed off too many people prior to that episode.

At this point I would lean towards Charlie or Maria.. Kenzie talks a big game, but I don't find her to be a particularly great player by any means.
I don't think Kenzie is great, but she seems pretty well liked, and that is the most important trait when it comes to winning. I don't think she beats Charlie or Maria but, I can see her beating anyone else. The same applies to Ben. Now, if we get a Liz, Venus, and Q FTC it's going to be hilarious. My guess is Liz would win that but who knows.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
yea put me in the camp that proudly says "F LIZ!" Supid biatch shouldn't go on Survivor if she can't handle the basic prerequisites. Absolutely no sympathy for her. I'm on the other side, I openly laugh at and cheer on her continued suffering.

I agree.

No sympathy. She knew what she was signing up for.

Q owed her nothing and he knows she is going after him. Why would he take her? Because she had a big tantrum like a toddler?

And another person goes home with an idol in their pocket...

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don't think Kenzie is great, but she seems pretty well liked, and that is the most important trait when it comes to winning. I don't think she beats Charlie or Maria but, I can see her beating anyone else. The same applies to Ben. Now, if we get a Liz, Venus, and Q FTC it's going to be hilarious. My guess is Liz would win that but who knows.
Seeing the three of them argue over who sucks the least would be pretty entertaining. And watching Q try to act like his non-existent gameplay was on purpose.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I shudder at the thought of it.. lol.. that would probably be another finale I skip.
I dunno, a mess of a season every so often is awesome. It tends to be chaotic, and it's a bit annoying when the winner is obvious by like 8, and it feels like everyone else is playing for them to get there. I want people playing in their own self-interest.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I dunno, a mess of a season every so often is awesome. It tends to be chaotic, and it's a bit annoying when the winner is obvious by like 8, and it feels like everyone else is playing for them to get there. I want people playing in their own self-interest.
Gabler was too recent. We could use another good winner.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Gabler was too recent. We could use another good winner.
Dee and Yam Yam played strong games since then. I'd say this season would be messier than Gabler's win, they just edited his win terribly. He basically played the Sandra style of game, make sure people like you, know who you can go to the end with, and keep votes off you at all costs.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dee and Yam Yam played strong games since then. I'd say this season would be messier than Gabler's win, they just edited his win terribly. He basically played the Sandra style of game, make sure people like you, know who you can go to the end with, and keep votes off you at all costs.
I feel Ben would be similar to Gabler. Liz would be a little worse. Venus would be a lot worse. Q might be significantly better to fans, but he has a terrible social game so I think he might actually have the worst chance remaining to win.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I feel Ben would be similar to Gabler. Liz would be a little worse. Venus would be a lot worse. Q might be significantly better to fans, but he has a terrible social game so I think he might actually have the worst chance remaining to win.
yeah, I feel Gabler's game sort of gets slept on. It was very Sandra style. Like, for whatever reason's, editors show Gabler tell Owen he has a plan to get them to the final 3, but they never show Gabler telling Owen that the final 3 plan was Gabler, Owen, and Cassidy. I think they were disappointed they lost the great narrative of Jesse winning (and he would have been a great winner) and ended up making Gabler look like a bad winner.

Production in general, absolutely hates under the radar social games because they are very hard to edit (aka, don't make great TV), but are also very highly effective when executed. They want winners like Boston Rob, Tyson or Kim where its a truly dominant game either through strategy, challenges, etc. With Sandra they don't care even though she pretty much invented the Under the Radar game, because she's amazing in confessionals.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad