Speculation: Surprise me.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
I am often amazed at the depth of knowledge displayed by posters in this forum. There are a lot of terrific hockey minds saying really insightful things here. And there's other stuff, too. :huh:

What I'd like to see in this thread is for people to go out on a speculative limb. I'd like to hear what people predict will be the most surprising (hockey) story to come out of the Buffalo Sabres in the remainder of this season.

Hot takes are fine. Gag posts are great (as long as they're funny). No one cares if you're right or wrong.

Let er rip.

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
Not surprising but in my opinion the Sabres are not quite ready to make the next step...yet. The goaltending has not been there and the remaining schedule is brutal. There are too many good teams in the east right now. Next year......next year

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
For the remainder of the season?

Devon Levi signs, and then actually plays a game for the Sabres this season, is probably the best I can do.

Beyond?

In the 2023-2024 season, Peyton Krebs have a 22-23 Dylan Cozens-type rise.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Dahlin and Power get 8 year deals this off-season which we all celebrate…until Olofsson somehow gets one too

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Dahlin and Power get 8 year deals this off-season which we all celebrate…until Olofsson somehow gets one too
I'd love a Power 8 year deal, I just don't see how his agent allows it. Especially since it's Brisson.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Hot take: Comrie solidifies himself as the starter down the stretch and steals a game in the playoffs.

Legit wouldn't surprise me. His season has been so disjointed that giving him the ball and telling him to run seems like just the thing to let him gain confidence.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
We trade another 2nd rounder at the draft - to move up.

Free agency - we re-sign Okposo 1 year at $3M. Girgensons 2 years $2.25M. Re-sign Jost. No new UFA signings other than for Rochester. No other trades.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
one positive and one negative

Positive: skinner leads us in playoff goals

Negative: if we don’t make the playoffs, it’s because our defense gets exposed in the last few weeks

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
What I'd like to see in this thread is for people to go out on a speculative limb. I'd like to hear what people predict will be the most surprising (hockey) story to come out of the Buffalo Sabres in the remainder of this season.
sabres are for sale. not a threat to relocate or anything sinister, just lack of stamina for whatever arena/rebuild/cap things are happening + tennis daughter + kim's health + other business while the bills are already on autopilot with new stadium is sorted.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
19 more games. We finish the season 8-9-2. I think Dahlin is playing hurt. Prediction: on March 16th he goes back on IR, which means we effectively give up on making the playoffs. Kulich and Biro get a few games in each, Levi and Johnson sign and get a few games in each as well. We finish 11th overall (Detroit 10th, Washington 12th).

Thompson finishes with 50 goals. Tuch does come back, and he and Skinner and Cozens all finish the season with 30 goals. Olofsson doesn't see the press box until Tuch comes back.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad