Surplus OA's

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Greetings from the East Coast.

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if there are likely to be any 20 year olds who will clear waivers in the OHL who may be good enough to find a spot in the QMJHL?

1998 was a bit of a weak birth year in the Q, it's very possible some '98's could get cut from the OHL who are better than guys who will end up with jobs over here.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Greetings from the East Coast.

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if there are likely to be any 20 year olds who will clear waivers in the OHL who may be good enough to find a spot in the QMJHL?

1998 was a bit of a weak birth year in the Q, it's very possible some '98's could get cut from the OHL who are better than guys who will end up with jobs over here.

With OHL training camps underway it's hard to say if there will be players waived by their clubs yet. To some degree there will always be tough decisions managers have to make every year.

Within a week or so OHL clubs will have more or less season starting rosters set for opening week. I suggest follow individual team forums and Twitter's for roster updates on OA's.

Reactions: Raimu

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa alone will have Eric Henderson (F), Brendan Harrogate (F) and Cole Ceci (G) if they don't approve the new goalie rule that an OA goalie doesn't count as one of your 3, who will all need new teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad