Movies: SuperTroopers 2 - Is Officially Happening And The 'Staches Will Be Back

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I have very fond memories of a few scenes in that movie

However, I rewatched it not too long ago and it really wasn't as good as I remembered. Then again, stoner humour just doesn't cut it for me anymore, been there, done that I guess

I'm afraid this is going to be similar: a bunch of late 90's stoners pining for their youth will fund them but ultimately have to accept that times have changed, and so have they

I disagree. The first film has gained a massive following over the past few years. The sequel will be very much anticipated. 13 years may be a long time, but I don't think that's going to put much of a dent in the build up for it. A lot of people seemed to doubt Clerks 2, but that was just as good, albeit different, than the first. While it's a different type of humour, I can see Super Troopers 2 having the same effect.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Only $100k from their goal! Up to $1.9m in one day! :yo::handclap:

phplrvslg.jpg

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
$2 million has been raised! In one day!

The movie is a go!!

I feel like jumping around from tree to tree all nimbly bimbly.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If I was looking for a new car, I so would have grabbed the patrol car. Though I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drive something that looks like a cop car when you're not actually a cop.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
If I was looking for a new car, I so would have grabbed the patrol car. Though I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drive something that looks like a cop car when you're not actually a cop.

Depends where you are, but for the most part de-commissioned cars are sold to civilians all the time. It's the lights and such that you can't have installed, typically.

Some police vehicles are collector cars, and are perfectly legal (again, depending where you are, I suppose) to drive around with full graphics and add-ons. Some even have the lights, and I've seen some states where that is acceptable but concealed lights are not.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hope they can capture the charm of the original. What they did after wasn't very good.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Hope they can capture the charm of the original. What they did after wasn't very good.

Beerfest was amazing, I actually prefer it to SuperTroopers. The only other two movies they made after ST were Club Dread and The Slammin' Salmon. I didn't like Club Dread and I never heard of SS til I saw it on their wiki page.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Slammin' Salmon was pretty good. Not on the level of Beerfest or Super Troopers, but good.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
I'm a fan of Broken Lizard, I love their movies.

But I find it a little disturbing that they can raise that much money in a day for a movie. I mean don't blame them for fundraising, but where are these donations coming from and why aren't they giving their money to people who need it instead?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
People give money for things they care about

Helping people in need isn't one of them. That being said, there's plenty of people giving plenty of money to plenty of organizations that do help those in need

We just don't hear about it because it's not news-worthy most of the time

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
People give money for things they care about

Helping people in need isn't one of them. That being said, there's plenty of people giving plenty of money to plenty of organizations that do help those in need

We just don't hear about it because it's not news-worthy most of the time

How often do those organizations raise $2M+ in a single day though?

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
How often do those organizations raise $2M+ in a single day though?

Depends. Back when the ALS Bucket Challenge was in full swing, I'm pretty sure they well surpassed that amount every day. It's all about marketing and getting the name out there.

Soon, something else will take the spotlight and the donations to this movie will slow to a crawl.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Depends. Back when the ALS Bucket Challenge was in full swing, I'm pretty sure they well surpassed that amount every day. It's all about marketing and getting the name out there.

Soon, something else will take the spotlight and the donations to this movie will slow to a crawl.

Fair enough.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I'm a fan of Broken Lizard, I love their movies.

But I find it a little disturbing that they can raise that much money in a day for a movie. I mean don't blame them for fundraising, but where are these donations coming from and why aren't they giving their money to people who need it instead?

355a669318bd40bb9d56b451345b93e75a8423cad4f75cfd8370529f421ad9ac.jpg

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
But 25,000 need to claim that before they Xerox anything. So they'll get $25,000 to photocopy their *****.

I wish I could say that'll never happen, but...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad