Supernick's 2006 Mock Draft

• Thread starter Bégin is the bestest*
  • Start date

Bégin is the bestest*

each year i try to make a mock draft, here's mine for this year, you can comment it:

NICK’S 2006 MOCK DRAFT

1. St-Louis: Erik Johnson D US National U-18
2. Pittsburgh: Phil Kessel C Minnesota, WCHA
3. Chicago: Derick Brassard C Drummondville, LHJMQ
4. Washington: Nicklas Backstrom C Brynas, Sweden
5. Boston: Jordan Staal C Peterborough, OHL
6. Columbus: Jonathan Toews C/W North Dakota, WCHA
7. NY Islanders: Peter Mueller C Everett, WHL
8. Phoenix: Bryan Little C Barrie, OHL
9. Minnesota: Bobby Sanguinetti D Owen Sound, OHL
10. Florida: Jiri Tlusty C/W Kladno, Czech Rep.
11. Los Angeles: James Sheppard C Cap Breton, LHJMQ
12. Atlanta: Nigel Williams D US National U-18
13. Toronto: Michal Frolik C Kladno, Czech Rep.
14. Vancouver: Kyle Okposo RW Des Moines, USHL
15. Tampa Bay: Jonathan Bernier G Lewiston, LHJMQ
16. Montreal: Yuri Alexandrov D Cherepovets, Russia
17. Minnesota: Chris Stewart RW Kingston, OHL
18. Colorado: Corey Emmerton C/LW Kinston, OHL
19. Anaheim: Ty Wishart D Prince Georges, WHL
20. San Jose: Nick Foligno LW Sudbury, OHL
21. NY Rangers: Ben Shutron D Kinston, OHL
22. Philadelphia: Cal Clutterbuck RW Oshawa, OHL
23. Washington: Mark Mitera D Michigan, CCHA
24. Buffalo: Patrik Berglund C Vasteras, Sweden
25. New Jersey: Brian Strait D US National U-18
26. Calgary: Michael Grabner RW Spokane, WHL
27. St. Louis: Claude Giroux C Gatineau, LHJMQ
28. Dallas: Alexander Vasyunov LW Yaroslavl, Russia
29. Ottawa: Riku Helenius G Ilves, Finlande
30. Detroit: Ivan Vishnevski D Rouyn-Noranda, LHJMQ

Safir*

Anything can happen on draft day, but I don't like several of your picks. Starting with my teams Atlanta and Ottawa. I highly doubt that the Senators pick a goalie in the first round (maybe ever again?.) The Thrash are either trading up to get one of the many centers or move down to get a chance to draft some of the B talent centers and pick up a couple of picks for doing it (like in 2005.)

Brassard over Staal and Backstrom?

X0ssbar

Interesting look. I like the fact that you threw in a surprise within the top five in Brassard going a little higher than most project. I for one have no idea if he'll go that high but I bet there is a surprise like that somewhere in that top 5 to 7 picks.

As a CBJ fan I'd love if Toews fell in our laps at 6.

Its definitely the year of the center.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I have no problem with the Blues picks(Johnson and Giroux), but I have a hard time seeing Jarmo pass on Forney if he's there. Forney just seems like one of Jarmo's "surprise", "out of nowhere" picks(see Havlat and Oshie).

Entrancemperium

Jul 30, 2005
It seems.......

That alot people think that the Rangers are going to choose Ben Shutron with the 21 pick, what kind of a player is he? is he canadian? offensive dman or what?

KH1

I like your draft a lot, mainly because Brassard going high greatly increases the odds that one of Mueller, Backstrom or Staal falls to the Isles.

I do, however, think that if anybody is going to make a sharp rise and leapfrog Toews it is going to be Mueller, not Brassard. Most teams find it tough to resist a blend of size and skill like Mueller has, and it gives him potential up the wazoo.

tdfast

May 6, 2006
I still think the top two guys are backwards but I love Toews to Columbus.

Bégin is the bestest*

Kärppä32 said:
Anything can happen on draft day, but I don't like several of your picks. Starting with my teams Atlanta and Ottawa. I highly doubt that the Senators pick a goalie in the first round (maybe ever again?.) The Thrash are either trading up to get one of the many centers or move down to get a chance to draft some of the B talent centers and pick up a couple of picks for doing it (like in 2005.)

Brassard over Staal and Backstrom?

i'm sorry for picking players you don't like for Atlanta and Ottawa. :D i think Emery will never be a #1 goalie, that's why i picked a goalie for Ottawa.

Interesting look. I like the fact that you threw in a surprise within the top five in Brassard going a little higher than most project. I for one have no idea if he'll go that high but I bet there is a surprise like that somewhere in that top 5 to 7 picks.

i really like Derick Brassard and i didn't wanted to do like everyone else (who plapced him at 6th). i've seen him playing for team LHJMQ against team Russia, Brassrad and Latendresse was clearly the two best LHJMQ players at these two games. I was mad when Canada cutted him for the junior championship, i think he's as much good as Toews or even better.

That alot people think that the Rangers are going to choose Ben Shutron with the 21 pick, what kind of a player is he? is he canadian? offensive dman or what?

lol! i just thought the Rangers needed to draft a dman in the 1st round and Shutron seemed to be the best dman available to me. i have no idea what kind of player he is.

to be honest i know almost nothing about these players (i only know those in the LHJMQ), i just looked at the list by the scouting bureau (NA skaters, euro skaters, NA goalies, euro goalies) and some other mock drafts before doing mine. :D

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
rangers are going O in the first round...look for Grabner....

if anything, i expect them to look at D in round 2.....maybe jon is right and summers drops ;)

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Bégin is the bestest said:
each year i try to make a mock draft, here's mine for this year, you can comment it:

How about hearing your comments instead? :D

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
If Chicago picks Brassard number 3 I think I'll stop being a fan after 50 years!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad