TV: Supergirl season 6

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just finished watching the episode. Decent episode to start the, good acting from Benoist. Really liking her more and more. Whos's the woman sharing dreams with Kara?

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So even in this universe, Superman killed Zod...

Also, all those movies and tv shows and this is the show we finally get a Lexosuit and it's worn by his mother....

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pretty cool way to defeat Reign.

Kara definitely deserved to hear what Lena Luthor actually thinks about her because it's all her own doing.

J'Onnz's father going through a Martian Altzheimer/dementia is a bit tought to watch. My aunt passed away over a year ago after 13 years of Altzheimers and now I hear her husband is also showing signs of dementia and seeing things. I didn't see what my aunt was like at her worst considtion since I last saw her on my graduation day in 1993 but since I know my cousin likes to watch all comic book shows and movies, I hope he gets through these episodes.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Damn, they really nailed the seeason finale. So much better than The Flash and Arrow ones. Too bad Wynn will only be a recurring character next season and Mon-El is gone.

What storyline does that ending predict for next season? Red Son type?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Would you guys say this is worth giving a second chance? I struggled with the cheesiness and naivety of the paper bullpen dynamics when it debuted and stopped watching after 2 episodes.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Would you guys say this is worth giving a second chance? I struggled with the cheesiness and naivety of the paper bullpen dynamics when it debuted and stopped watching after 2 episodes.

Oh yeah, it definitely found it's groove later on and is probably one of the truest comic-to-tv adaptations. So much of Superman lore, even his visit made you want that actor to replace Cavill and he nailed both Superman and Clark Kent. Two crossover events with other CW DC shows plus two with Flash(Supergirl and Flash chemistry was so good).

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I enjoyed the first two seasons, this one, not so much. I stopped after ep. 4 0r 5. Will look at the finale though.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Maybe I'll pick it up again. Stopped during S1 cause at the time I just couldn't stick with anything I was doing.

Also need to finish latest seasons of Flash and Arrow. Both were meh though.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Maybe I'll pick it up again. Stopped during S1 cause at the time I just couldn't stick with anything I was doing.

Also need to finish latest seasons of Flash and Arrow. Both were meh though.

The latter half or Supergirl blew Arrow and Flash seasons away in my opinion. Arrow somewhat corrected the course but the whole season premise was just so far fetched and unbelievable that it killed interest. And stupid Barry is becoming really irritating on The Flash.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Not including Black Lightning which had a very good short season one, Supergirl and Legends were the most consistent shows last year. Supergirl is going to be very different this season with the main cast changes and others involved in different storylines not interacting as much with the main storyline (Martain Manhunter).

I feel it's a make or break year for the CW DC shows. Arrow is sort of running out of steam, and The Flash was OK but the last two seasons haven't been that special.

Another challenge for Supergirl is the new timeslot of Sundays going against the NFL. That's going to be tough.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Some interesting real life parallels in the latest episode. But if Lena didn't figure out that Kara is Supergirl after this episode, she's dumber than she appears to be.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Thought it was cool they cast a transgender actress. Is Nicole Maines' character in the show transgender?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad