GDT: Superbowl 54 San Francisco vs. Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Glad to be wrong. Wish we got Fuller and Breeland from Skins. Could of easily had Breeland.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Did Manny Sanders even play in this game? Or was Ben such a bad leader that it ruined him? :sarcasm:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So happy to the Chiefs win... been waiting to see this since I was a kid.

Been a big Chiefs fan since the days of Derrick Thomas and Christian Okoye (how was he not in the Chiefs montage wtf?)

Jimmy G... where does he rank as one of the worst all time QBs to make a SB?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
That was a good game much better than last year. Going to try and sleep now but I'm steaming

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
So happy to the Chiefs win... been waiting to see this since I was a kid.

Been a big Chiefs fan since the days of Derrick Thomas and Christian Okoye (how was he not in the Chiefs montage wtf?)

Jimmy G... where does he rank as one of the worst all time QBs to make a SB?

Trent Dilfer probably would have also missed Sanders near the end of the game. But the QB names that first come to mind as SB winners wouldn’t have.

Glad the Chiefs won. Can’t stand Shanahan.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Also, just saw that Google ad. Is this what people think emotion is in today’s world? Most emotional part was Casablanca because it was when art and film actually was created with legacy in mind.

Totally OT, but my favorite moment in Casablanca is when the entire bar at Rick's starts singing "La Marseillaise" to drown out the Nazis. So many actors in that scene were refugees from Nazi-occupied Europe and apparently, the tears you see in that scene are 100% real. Just pure unfettered real human grief.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Trent Dilfer probably would have also missed Sanders near the end of the game. But the QB names that first come to mind as SB winners wouldn’t have.

Glad the Chiefs won. Can’t stand Shanahan.

I’d rather have Dilfer TBTH.

I’m likely forgetting several names but the worst starting SB QBs I can think of include Tony Eason, Rex Grossman and Kerry Collins.

All of those guys had a big game or at least respectable stats during the playoffs to help get their teams to the SB.

Jimmy G barely broke 200 yards combined to get into the SB.

Never has a QB done so little to get to the big game, and it clearly showed when it mattered.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Totally OT, but my favorite moment in Casablanca is when the entire bar at Rick's starts singing "La Marseillaise" to drown out the Nazis. So many actors in that scene were refugees from Nazi-occupied Europe and apparently, the tears you see in that scene are 100% real. Just pure unfettered real human grief.
The female singer herself with the guitar is a refugee - yes, those tears are real. Amazing movie and more amazing considering it was made in 1942 with the final issue still in doubt.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Also, just saw that Google ad. Is this what people think emotion is in today’s world? Most emotional part was Casablanca because it was when art and film actually was created with legacy in mind.

I was with my wife when that commercial aired and I can confirm we both had to hug each other because of that commercial. Shit was sad as hell.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I could not watch the game but wanted to know if the Chiefs won ASAP. I had a friend from the KC area that was a big Royals and Chiefs fan that died in a car accident not long after the Royals won the World Series a few years ago. I was happy she got to see that and I wish she was here with us to see the Chiefs win.

Also I was reading a story about Pat Mahommes who said that he thought at one point when his son Patrick gave up baseball to pursue football that he was throwing away his opportunity to earn life changing money. I think young Patrick has done and will continue to do just fine for himself :)

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad