Super Mario Odyssey

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Was blown away by it. I had pretty high expectations and they just shattered them.

Hype for this game will be real. I'll be utterly psyched for a SM64 clone with better graphics/bigger worlds.

I liked the hat throwing mechanic too.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
some backlash about the "realistic" level. Im not too worried, especially if it's going to be a donkey kong level.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
The game actually looks dope af, and I'm normally a way bigger fan of the 2D style Mario games. This one looks like an absolute home run.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
That brought me back to Mario 64 days. I won't buy the switch but that game looks like it will put Mario back on the map (not that it went anywhere).

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I really hate the idea of Mario in a realistic setting.

Past that it looks fine. I've never been a quarter as big of a fan of the 3D Mario games as the 2D ones (this applies to all platformers) and I'm well aware I'm in an extreme minority with that stance...but I was hoping that this would be the Switch-seller for me and I feel pretty indifferent about it right now.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I actually think that looks kind of neat. The kind of Mario game I could get in to.

Disclaimer: I've never been a Mario guy. It was all PC as a kid so I was into Commander Keen and Earthworm Jim and the like. My first introduction to Mario was Smash and Mario Kart on the 64 (the only games I owned aside from Ocarina of Time and Kirby :laugh:)

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
This game looks like a blast. As soon as the music hit I got punched in the face with Mario magic.

Something about mainline Mario games just makes me feel like all is right in the world.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Idk I don't like the realistic setting. Reminds me of sonic 06 lol.

I don't think it's a realistic "setting", but rather just looks like a realistic "level". From what else was shown among others the forest level looks like it comes from a fantasy game/WRPG and there's some robots that would maybe suggest sci-fi. Seems like Mario is going on one hell of a trip this time, I agree with the above that it looks like a blast.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Not sure why they make a badass trailer and people get weird about a "realistic setting" just because one portion of the game appears to take place in a city. I don't get it.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Not sure why they make a badass trailer and people get weird about a "realistic setting" just because one portion of the game appears to take place in a city. I don't get it.

PTSD from **** like Sonic 06

I agree though, people are ignoring that Odyssey has TONS of locations that are surreal.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think this looks awesome. LOVE the sandbox Mario games and SM64 is my favorite game of all time. As long as this gets good reviews, there's almost no chance I don't get it eventually.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
the old/new sonic game. looks great! this game, mario kart. zelda... tons of great games. I tried to preorder at best canada, I didn't know my visa verifcation info so I tried my mastercard. by then it was too late. I was a little annoyed but I have to relax. The console will be available after 3-4 months of the release.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad