OT: Super Bowl LVI

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
As a fan of The Big Red Machine back in the 70's, I also adopted the Bengals as my NFL team for a while. I eventually switched allegiances to Boston teams cuz you know, they tend to have a lot of champions but I was still hoping the kitty-cats could take this one. C'est la vie.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Good to see Stafford finally get one after all of the years of desolation in Detroit. Just a superb QB.

Felt bad for Chase and Burrow - those guys will be back I think. Donald was just too much for Cincy's O line.

Burrow was under pressure all night. Would've been really cool to see the Bungles get one, but seeing Stafford finally win was good too.

Reactions: kanadalainen

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm happy for Mathew Stafford, as I always liked him as a quarterback, but he was on a dud of a team in Detroit, and was never recognized for his talent. I think he still may win 2-3 more -- good young coach and team. Happy for the Rams and Matt Stafford.

That Stafford can really throw a deep accurate ball.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm happy for Mathew Stafford, as I always liked him as a quarterback, but he was on a dud of a team in Detroit, and was never recognized for his talent. I think he still may win 2-3 more -- good young coach and team. Happy for the Rams and Matt Stafford.

That Stafford can really throw a deep accurate ball.
I'm a Lions fan, have been since I first saw Barry Sanders run the ball. I'm ELATED for Matt Stafford. Love the guy, he was such a warrior for the Lions on some really, really bad teams. It's a real testament to how bad the Lions are/were and how good Matt Staffford is that in his first year out of that mess, he's a Superbowl champ.

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm a Lions fan, have been since I first saw Barry Sanders run the ball. I'm ELATED for Matt Stafford. Love the guy, he was such a warrior for the Lions on some really, really bad teams. It's a real testament to how bad the Lions are/were and how good Matt Staffford is that in his first year out of that mess, he's a Superbowl champ.

Yeah, that Barry Sanders was a hella of a running back. He retired early, or likely would hold all the rushing records. Nice to see Stafford get some recognition now tho.

Reactions: Oilpeg and Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Yeah, that Barry Sanders was a hella of a running back. He retired early, or likely would hold all the rushing records. Nice to see Stafford get some recognition now tho.

When people ask me who I think the best running back is during my lifetime of watching the NFL I say without hesitation it was Barry Sanders.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
When people ask me who I think the best running back is during my lifetime of watching the NFL I say without hesitation it was Barry Sanders.

Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton, Eric Dickerson, Emmitt Smith, LaDanian Tomlinson - all great backs.

Dickerson was so different from Sanders, so much speed to the outside, with the straight up and down running style.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad